Zidane Calls Mourinho - No Plot But My Reps Have Spoken To Man Utd

E10H

:eek:

Zinedine Zidane has reportedly called Jose Mourinho to assure him there is no plot going on behind his back...but his representatives HAVE spoken to Manchester United.

French legend has been heavily linked to take over from Mourinho - with the Special One under massive pressure at Old Trafford.

United have reportedly held initial talks with former Real Madrid boss Zidane, who is currently a free agent.

Zidane enjoyed a wildly successful spell at the Bernabeu - winning the Champions League in three consecutive seasons and has now picked up the blower to the man he worked with in Madrid.

0_GP22587500.jpg

Zidane has phoned Mourinho to ease his fears and reveal his representatives sounded out about the job, according to the Sun .

They also claim Mourinho has been given a week to turn his misery start to the season around.

The Red Devils have suffered humiliating defeats to Brighton, Tottenham and most recently West Ham already this season and face Valencia in the Champions League this week.

United are currently languishing in 10th place in the Premier League after their worst league start in 29 years.

Lot of outlets quoting anonymous staff saying he'll be sacked by the end of the week.

I don't support any English club but I hope they back him.

I don't know if Gary Nev will be on Monday night football but he had a pop at the Utd board at the weekend be interesting to hear him talk about it.

He’s not finished as a manager but he won’t walk into the biggest jobs now.

United at a shambles top to bottom. Their failure to get a director of football in when Ferguson left and try and create a decent structure has killed them. They have been a shambles in the transfer market.

There is always PSG, that job comes up a lot, Inter would have him too.

From a footballing point of view, ZZ would be mad to take on Man U in their current state.

Unless he has assurances of this being a long term project.

From a financial point of view, makes total sense for ZZ to be interested.

From a footballing point of view, ZZ would be mad to take on Man U in their current state.

Unless he has assurances of this being a long term project.

From a financial point of view, males total sense for ZZ to be interested.

Weird to say from a guy that won 3 European cups and a league but no one actually knows if ZZ is any good yet as a manager.

Not admonishing Big Sam, i'm not a fan but he had a point a few years ago when he mentioned how pretty much anyone could manage Real or words to that affect.

Possibly both yeah. It’s gone horribly wrong at Utd but he’s got nothing left to prove in the game anyway.

Where does he go from here to rebuild his reputation as a winner?

Christ knows, I think he's too young for the Portugal job yet and his ego might not like the idea of taking a Southampton sized club somewhere.

Going to be an interesting week, rumours abound Sanchez looking out in January too.

Can I just say this thread has been a joy to escape the boards lunacy today :D

If Mourinho is sack I can see him at a Seria A club. Roma, Milan and Inter would be after if he was available.

So there is no plot, but your employers have approached my people to talk about me taking over your job when they sack you after the next bad result.

I reckon Zidane would be a disaster for Man Utd and could send them to years in the doldrums.

United at a shambles top to bottom. Their failure to get a director of football in when Ferguson left and try and create a decent structure has killed them. They have been a shambles in the transfer market.

Goes back further than that - Fergie was allowed to go on too long, and the club suffered due to the amount of cash the Glazers were sucking out of it to pay off their heavily leveraged takeover. For one example, they should have bought Gary Cahill rather than let him go to Chelsea. They did notthing to bring through players - Fergire bathed for years in the luck circumstances of the class of 92, but other than Darren Fletcher, very few players came through the ranks to play regularly - only ow, with Rashford and Lingard are we seeing products of development.

Hypothetical I know (not for the money) but IF in a couple of years or so there is a possibility of him coming to Ibrox (after Stevie G), would you not want him?

I see your point, but my point in him being finished is in regards to the top jobs. His last real success was Inter Milan. He did win the league with Chelsea again but did so with the same spine of 2005 i.e drogba terry lampard and Cech.

I liked Mourinho, I just feel football has moved on without him.

Jose is done, terminado if you will at the top level of the game.

His next move will see him in the Far East or the MLS and that will be him.

I see your point, but my point in him being finished is in regards to the top jobs. His last real success was Inter Milan. He did win the league with Chelsea again but did so with the same spine of 2005 i.e drogba terry lampard and Cech.

I liked Mourinho, I just feel football has moved on without him.

Ruling him out of top jobs would rule him out of Rangers.

We are a club of great renown and allure and although it would be a slim possibility, I wouldn't rule him out at some point.

He would never be made more special than at Ibrox. ;):cool:

Reactions: TQ3
Ruling him out of top jobs would rule him out of Rangers.

We are a club of great renown and allure and although it would be a slim possibility, I wouldn't rule him out at some point.

He would never be made more special than at Ibrox. ;):cool:

Lol I slipped up badly there didn’t I?

So there is no plot, but your employers have approached my people to talk about me taking over your job when they sack you after the next bad result.

I reckon Zidane would be a disaster for Man Utd and could send them to years in the doldrums.
What he means by that is that Zidane himself hasn't reached out to steal his job, that its his reps and man U board that are behind it.

Zidane would be a crazy appointment for Man U.

Pochettino is the smart move, IMO.

I like Poch but what makes a great manager, he's literally won nothing bar a couple of manager of the month awards in a 9 year managerial career, Jose has won plenty and people are saying he's finished

Weird to say from a guy that won 3 European cups and a league but no one actually knows if ZZ is any good yet as a manager.

Not admonishing Big Sam, i'm not a fan but he had a point a few years ago when he mentioned how pretty much anyone could manage Real or words to that affect.

I have pretty much the same opinions about Pep. After all his success im still not sure just how good a manager Pep is. He obviously isn't a bad manager but his level of 'greatness' is still very much in question.

I have pretty much the same opinions about Pep. After all his success im still not sure just how good a manager Pep is. He obviously isn't a bad manager but his level of 'greatness' is still very much in question.

Its weird I always had a soft spot for Pep as a player was sure he would be a Ranger one day as he moved about, so I still see that classy player when I look at him

Its a fair point tho, albeit he did build one of the greatest club sides of all time. Big season for him this year

Failing to adapt his style will continue to cause him issues. It's similar to Wenger I guess. A breath of fresh air to start with, soon get sussed out, can't or won't adapt then gets left behind.

It also doesn't help in this case that United appear to be a shambles off the park.

Why would Zidane be a disaster ??

Why would Zidane be a disaster ??

Because I think he would be!!

He has never been within English football, he doesn’t speak English, he has managed just one club, the biggest on the planet and i honestly don’t know if it was Zidane and his managerial skills who won them the CL’s or it was just the quality of players already at the club.

Then you have the squad of players he will inherit which is so disjointed and unbalanced for me it is almost a joke and they are up against the best Man City side ever, who have more money, one of the best Liverpool teams in a generation and the likes of a strong Chelsea and Spurs, and I reckon it will take a good manager a few years at least to get Man Utd back on track, time that i don’t believe Zidane would get.

For me Uniteds players don’t fit Morinihos style, Matic and Fellini apart. He should have bought Costa, I know he had eyes for A Madrid but money talks, and pushed the boat out for McGuire this season.
He is turning into the Portuguese Wibble, outdated and frustrated.
Portugal national team is his only option, given his ego, or a return to Italy, in my eyes.
ZZ at United may just work, as he is a tough coach with pedigree that would command the respect of Pogba and the squad, and get it. How he dealt with English football would be a different matter.

Christ knows, I think he's too young for the Portugal job yet and his ego might not like the idea of taking a Southampton sized club somewhere.

Going to be an interesting week, rumours abound Sanchez looking out in January too.

As Real manager he had a pop at Pellegrini because he went to Malaga? after.
Said something along the lines of he's to good to go down to that level.

Mourinho doesn’t look a happy guy these days ,he looks like anything annoys him,he is a shadow of the guy that was the Porto manager ,that was a different Jose ,he could inspire and sprinkle some magic but now he looks biter and twisted ,he’s finished in England ,I think the Portugal job will be next before he finally retires .

A troubled man

Reactions: TQ3

Did he not say he wanted to finish his managerial career with the Portuguese national side.

Lot of outlets quoting anonymous staff saying he'll be sacked by the end of the week.

I don't support any English club but I hope they back him.

I don't know if Gary Nev will be on Monday night football but he had a pop at the Utd board at the weekend be interesting to hear him talk about it.

Move to Lounge who gives fcuk about this?

Hypothetical I know (not for the money) but IF in a couple of years or so there is a possibility of him coming to Ibrox (after Stevie G), would you not want him?

no, his ego makes him think he is bigger than the job he is meant to be doing.

Back