Zungu tonight - thought that was his best in a Rangers jersey

ChildOfGoth

Bongani tonight looked more assertive and sharper to events then he has imo that suggested the more authoritative side of his character too . I hope this is his breakthrough to grasping how to play against these domestic haters . Well done BZ .

let’s go

Last edited:
Bongani I tonight looked more assertive and share per to events then he has imo that suggested the more authoritative side of his character too . I hope this is his breakthrough to grasping how to play against these domestic haters . Well done BZ .

let’s go

I thought he did very well today actually. Looked closer to match pace. What I really like about him, is his first look for a pass is forward. Im not sure if he will be here longer than the loan, but I think he offers us something a bit different

Where does he fit in moving forward? Keeping him permanently will require significant investment. Will he be Kamara's replacement?
It’s a good question and I know there was discussion around this on a HnH pod .

I’m only really focussing on the Now and taking it game by game as until today I couldn’t sense he was ready to compete and command matches . He has now suggested he can do it we just need further and deeper proof .

Not really sure why many are saying they wouldn’t want him long term. He’s only had short cameos and its hard to come on late and impress. His start against St Mirren wasnt the best but it would be harsh to pin that night on him. I think the fact that Gerrard is willing to put him on late in the game when the teams under pressure shows that he trusts him to be a good player

I can’t see us keeping him, not his fault but as much as he’s been OK in his cameo’s, he can still look a bit reckless at times.

Not sure what he's like as a player yet, not seen him start enough to know, but, he seems a very handy guy to bring on in games to help us get them over the line. Whether that merits him a permanent move is a different question, however WHEN 55 happens, Zungu will have played his part.

The problem is looking decent is still probably not good enough to win a move given the fee involved. Most of it isn't really his fault as he hasn't really been given much of a chance.

He did look like he had a bit more about him tonight, so maybe he will start playing a bigger role but he'll need to.

I cant take to him

how old is he? Seems to be trying a little too hard at times and maybe im being hard on him

Why can’t you not take to him? For a player whose only had a limited number of minutes so far and hasn’t played badly in any of them I find some of the opinions I’ve read on him to be mystifying. Mostly because so feel like we haven’t even seen enough yet to really form any sort of significant assessment of his real value to the squad. But for me the early signs are not promising than anything.

Looks to me like the few weeks proper training have integrated him more, he is pacy can pick a pass and has more in his locker to come. Plenty time from now until the end of the season and He should be judged over the course. Up to now I thought he was just ok but last night showed he has a lot to offer.

Hard to judge the guy given how much game time hes had ,good passing ability from what ive seen but games have been won or opened up when hes come on
Wouldn't write him off yet

Haven’t made up my mind on him yet, lack of game time being the issue. The closer we get to 55 the more minutes he will get, will judge after that. Don’t think he’s came on the park when we haven’t been winning?

Haven't seen enough of him, and definately needs a run in the team before we spend money on him, but who does he replace?

I'd like to see more of him because, from his short cameos, he appears to have a great range of passing and is pretty strong in the tackle.

The jury is still out

Very good on the ball. If he could be more composed when the other team have the ball, and keeps the shape of the team in the middle then he would be far better. I haven't seen last night's game yet, but overall I like him.

I thought he did very well when he came on last night and made some really good interceptions.
I think he has been a wee bit patchy in other appearances but it must be hard when You think you have only a few minutes to assert yourself.
The longer it goes with many minutes possibly impacts your sharpness too.
I’m sure he’ll be conscious of trying to prove he’s worth the punt but jury is out for me at the moment based on our overall finances.

When the league is won we should have a few games to give guys like Zungu as well as some youngsters more game time. Maybe we can see more of what he has then.

I absolutely hate writing players off too early, I really do. That said, up til now his cameos haven't been fantastic, he's misplaced a lot of passes and mistimed a lot of tackles.

He will get more time and Gerrard does seem to like him so hopefully comes good.

I think it is too early to say yet, he only touched the ball 9 times last night. The only game he has played more than 30 minutes of football is the St Mirren cup game we lost.

As others have mentioned he is probably too old to spend a big transfer fee on anyway as he is approaching 29, the transfer fees paid for any player tends to progressively decline after the age of 28 (unless they are world class like Cristiano Ronaldo), the only players who tend to hold their value into their 30s are goalkeepers.

We should be trying to sign good players in their early 20s who actually will have a decent resale value.

I thought he played a wee bit further forward than normal last night but reverted back to protect his back four when needed.
A lot of mixed opinions on him but the most important opinion is the gaffer’s.

The problem is looking decent is still probably not good enough to win a move given the fee involved. Most of it isn't really his fault as he hasn't really been given much of a chance.

He did look like he had a bit more about him tonight, so maybe he will start playing a bigger role but he'll need to.

This is where I am too Davie.

Good player, and last night was his most encouraging cameo, but we could do a lot with 3m in our position.

Was a much improved performance from him last night.

Looked a lot sharper, was intercepting balls and on more than one occasion got it to a Rangers player with one touch.

Continually moving the ball forward as well.

I am not sure players failing to get starts is an indicator of their quality with this management team who seem to like to drip feed new players into the starting 11. You could read his small amount of starts two ways.
1. He just isn't up to it.
Or
2. They see a future for him at the club so are not rushing him, they are looking long term.

Not the youngest at 29 but then i suppose we need a blend. Nothing wrong with buying a player for the here and now who is in his prime. IF he is that player then 2 or 3 mill for what could be 3 or 4 years of sloid service really isn't that much.

He chips in with performances like that from now until the end of the season then he gives himself a great chance of a permanent move imho.

Once 55 is confirmed hopefully he'll get a few starts with the young lads and other fringe players. I don't really give a %^*& about invincible shite I'd rather we gave young lads and fringe players the chance to prove their worth like wattie used to do in the early 90's.

He did well but I cannot see him staying beyond this season. Just not worth the 3m fee. He will go back with our thanks for the part he played in #55.

Back