Zungu tonight - thought that was his best in a Rangers jersey

If we could get him for a couple of million I would be all for it, he has never had a run of games since he came in but I have seen flashes of what he is capable of.

He played well against Hivs last night. He hasn’t had a great deal of playing time with us so it’s maybe too soon to be critical but I don’t expect him to remain at Ibrox for next season unless he shows more whenever he’s called on.

I can't see us paying the rumoured €3m for Zungu who will be 29 this year.

He has not long turned 28.

how much did we pay for Roofe ? Who is 28.

Davis is 36, Arfield is 32, Jack will be 29 in less than a month.

Balogun and McLaughlin both well in their 30s when we signed them.Defoe was nearer 40 than 30 when we signed him.

Gerrard prefers a bit of experience.

no one has seen enough of him to judge if he is good enough,

He looks like he is getting sharper to the speed of the game here, has it been confirmed that we have an option to buy on him?

If the league is won with a few games to spare then I would start him in place of Davis or Kamara to see how he fares, he like most of the side struggled at St Mirren in the cup. If we get decent money in for Kamara then spending 2-3 million of it on a proven replacement wouldn't be the worst value

Kamara was 23 two years ago, Zungu is 28 just now.

Ok let's use ryan jack as an example or tavernier.

My point being Gerrard and the coaches are now proving to get the best out players and more.

Kamara jack and tav were once deemed not good enough 2 years ago and are now the first 3 on the team sheet arguably.

Given time with our coaches and Gerrard I can see zungu being very good.

I’m still on the fence, he hasn’t done much wrong, but doesn’t do anything to make you sit up and take notice, hopefully we see a bit more of him when the title is ours. Last night was probably his best showing.

We are treating him brilliantly.

Settling him into the Scottish game lie a professional outfit as said above i think he looked a lot better last night that previous showings. Hes got a burst of pace as well when he wants to

I see a pattern here. Bring them in on loan, see how they fit, if they show up well, we sign them. Ojo, Ajaria, Kent, Hagi even Davis and Defoe all had a long time to settle. Some did, some didn’t. I think Zungu is going to be signed. He looked decent the other day, when he came on for the last 10, and last night he had more time and showed a good reading of the game. I like the look of him.

He will get several full games before the season is finished. At the minute I wouldn’t want to spend too much money on him on current viewing. All depends on the next few full games he gets.

Bongani tonight looked more assertive and sharper to events then he has imo that suggested the more authoritative side of his character too . I hope this is his breakthrough to grasping how to play against these domestic haters . Well done BZ .

let’s go
I agree, it is just a case of adjusting to the game in Scotland and talented players with the right character and attitude will manage that adjustment given a little time.

W.A.T.P.

I actually think he has looked quite decent in the games he has played. Tidy on the ball, works hard, gets stuck in, decent in the air.

Whether he can offer what the rest of our midfielders offer us over a whole game is another question.

He was very attentive when Mr Gerrard was giving him his final instructions before he came and looked completely tuned in to them.

He then proceeded to have his best game in a Rangers jersey, I think he has a long term future with the club.

I can't see us paying the rumoured €3m for Zungu who will be 29 this year.

I've been impressed with him in the majority of his appearances but I also cannot see us forking out €3m either, but not because of his age (which is 28, you don't need to try and make him sound older than he is :))). He wants away from his club, doesn't seem to fit or be valued there and you also have to consider we've spent next to nothing on our current midfield. We're not going to have most expensive midfield signing by miles sitting on the bench.

Last edited:
I think hes terrible - cannot take to him at all

Terrible? I can't understand that at all. Can you explain what that's based on because I can't see how it's based on his appearances for us.

It's hard to fully judge on the time he's had so far but at absolute worst, he seems decent without doing anything great. Basically what you'd expect from 10 mins here and there.

Thought he read the game very well last night for his small cameo. Broke up play a good few times intercepting hibs passes

If we could get him for a couple of million I would be all for it, he has never had a run of games since he came in but I have seen flashes of what he is capable of.

pay a couple of million for seeing flashes of what he is capable of?

He was very attentive when Mr Gerrard was giving him his final instructions before he came and looked completely tuned in to them.

He then proceeded to have his best game in a Rangers jersey, I think he has a long term future with the club.

He also seemed happy to pass on information and did so with an authority. He is maybe a bit more confident within the squad now, he did have a much better game last night than his initial displays.

I've been impressed with him in the majority of his appearances but I also cannot see us forking out €3m either, but not because of his age (which is 28, you don't need to try and make him sound older than he is :))). He wants away from his club, doesn't seem to fit or be valued there and you also have to consider we've spent next to nothing on our current midfield. We're not going to have most expensive midfield signing by miles sitting on the bench.
Theres a whisper that its 1.75 million. I think that would be a fair price for him.
Well just have to wait and see.

He’s an outstanding player. Can’t understand some of the hate for him on here.
Don’t sense any tbh overall I feel a support for the guy and he deserves it because he is a Ranger .

the general vibe is he is improving and we hope to see further improvement . His skills reeel shows how much talent he has it’s about maximising that drawing ever last drop of it out in a Rangers top . On a person level he really does sound like a great guy that fits and that goes a long way too .

it’s a bit of an ongoing story this one isn’t it

I can't fault him anytime he's played & I've been impressed a few times as well

But with these sub appearances here & there - I'm really unsure how well he fits in to the rest of the team & how he reacts with the others alongside him

Presumably the training sessions along with these sub appearances have allowed him & his team mates to bed in with each other - slowly
There are times where that's what's needed with a new player - but then again - some thrive on being thrown into the thick of it

But I'm not sure who I'd be dropping right now to give him a 1st team start -
I don't see him as a like for like replacement with any of our current mid-field -
There's a different style about him - not necessarily better or worse - just not the same
& That's one of the reasons he helps when coming on as a sub

I'm still not sure what he'd be like as a regular starter

Terrible? I can't understand that at all. Can you explain what that's based on because I can't see how it's based on his appearances for us.

It's hard to fully judge on the time he's had so far but at absolute worst, he seems decent without doing anything great. Basically what you'd expect from 10 mins here and there.
Always looks yards off the pace, misplaces a hell of a lot of passes, too slow on the ball, dives into challenges which lead to fouls,.

Anyway, its my opinion on him and expected him to be a lot better than hes performing in especially after chasing him all summer and having such a high fee involved if we wish to make it permanent

Always looks yards off the pace, misplaces a hell of a lot of passes, too slow on the ball, dives into challenges which lead to fouls,.

Anyway, its my opinion on him and expected him to be a lot better than hes performing in especially after chasing him all summer and having such a high fee involved if we wish to make it permanent

Interesting, I honestly couldn't disagree more on most of that :)) I think he uses the ball very well, doesn't ponder on it too long (especially over the last few appearances) and although he presses hard and has mistimed a tackle or two I don't think it's an excessive amount at all.

Would love to see some stats, we can't both be right!

Interesting, I honestly couldn't disagree more on most of that :)) I think he uses the ball very well, doesn't ponder on it too long (especially over the last few appearances) and although he presses hard and has mistimed a tackle or two I don't think it's an excessive amount at all.

Would love to see some stats, we can't both be right!
I could well be wrong but still my opinion hes been poor

I could well be wrong but still my opinion hes been poor
My opinion is somewhere in between both of you!!

Think he has been ok but not great, however he really needs a run in the team to show what he can properly do. Trouble with that is, we have a few players in front of him, all playing well so it’s hard.

No coincidence that he played on the right of the midfield three while Davis remained in the central deeper role.

I’m still on the fence, he hasn’t done much wrong, but doesn’t do anything to make you sit up and take notice, hopefully we see a bit more of him when the title is ours. Last night was probably his best showing.
Did you not see his turn and pass on Saturday? He also had another 3 passes in the build up to Jack's goal.

My opinion is somewhere in between both of you!!

Think he has been ok but not great, however he really needs a run in the team to show what he can properly do. Trouble with that is, we have a few players in front of him, all playing well so it’s hard.
I just think back to St mirren game, he was honking first 45 hence why he got hooked at ht

Back