Zungu, what's happened to signing him?

Shawlandsloyal

What's happening with signing Zungu? I for one was excited about seeing him play for us. I thought his forward passing is exactly what we are missing. Is it still on?

Had you actually seen this guy play before to know about his forward passing & be excited by it?

I’ll be honest, I’d never heard of him until the rumours started.
Not on a live game, just in YouTube highlights and in reading reports on him. I appreciate that can be made to look better than he is but that's all I have to go on along with people who do know hims recommendations and importantly, our scouting team

4Lad said the deal was almost complete.

Did he? Or did he say reports suggest the deal is almost complete? To be clear, I don't follow his blog or his Twitter. Not my thing. However, I do recall seeing the tweet you refer to posted on here and I'm sure I recall he made it clear he was hearing it from elsewhere (France). If I'm wrong, I apologise.

Did he? Or did he say reports suggest the deal is almost complete?
There was a thread on here saying that Stevie from 4 lads said it was almost complete.

They’ve also tweeted since saying the deal has collapsed.

But Mr Dingwall above says we were never in for him?

Someone is speaking shit and I’ve a good assumption who it is.

There was a thread on here saying that Stevie from 4 lads said it was almost complete.

They’ve also tweeted since saying the deal has collapsed.

But Mr Dingwall above says we were never in for him?

Someone is speaking shit and I’ve a good assumption who it is.

I think the truth may lie somewhere in the middle myself. As per the extra bit I added to my last post, I'm fairly certain he said it was reports from France. End of the day, who gives a damn. Its info that's put out there for you to believe or otherwise - just like Suck's.

For saying that press reports look as if the signing is imminent?

What a terrible crime.

FWIW the line being spun about us never being in for him is just daft, dunno why folk are saying it but it’s pretty clear we were and something has happened to stop it.
Going by one of the main journos talking about it, joe crann, suggests that personal terms have hit a snag, so maybe he rejected the clubs initial offer and the club are sending out the message we were never interested as pr. if not that then maybe we were never involved but I just find that hard to believe with there being so much noise around it.

A lot of people were not convinced it was a good move anyway. We move on and will probably sign someone a lot better than Zungu

A history of injury so we’ve dodged a bullet by the looks of it.
As for the bloggers, they’re all just using educated guesses. That’s all it is. It’s up to you if you decide to give any credence to their information.

I’d never heard of the guy until about a week ago then looked him up. Had a couple of injuries and put him out in the last couple of years. But a lot of people on here are buzzing about him?

That’s not what mdingwall said, was it?
You’re being a bit harsh IMO
Surely all the threads on transfers are rumours? Do folk phone up radio stations or newspapers to complain when it turns out to be just that?

Why are we constantly at each others' throats over stupid stuff? The window is serious in that the club recruit for the long term. It's also fun to look up players we have never heard of on the back of a rumour. No need to get upset imo.

Surely all the threads on transfers are rumours? Do folk phone up radio stations or newspapers to complain when it turns out to be just that?

Why are we constantly at each others' throats over stupid stuff? The window is serious in that the club recruit for the long term. It's also fun to look up players we have never heard of on the back of a rumour. No need to get upset imo.
I agree 100% mate. I think when folk have a go at others it’s because there’s a slight bit of jealousy involved.
4lads has been great with info and blogs for years.
The abuse they’ve taken has been OTT

Had you actually seen this guy play before to know about his forward passing & be excited by it?

I’ll be honest, I’d never heard of him until the rumours started.

He might be the guy that has never played football in his life, got signed up, went on as a sub and taken off again.

Who was that? George Weah's distant cousin?

Dont think we were ever in for him tbh and for the £4m price being quoted im glad we were not .

Football Forum -check

All sorts of information flying around , some legit some shite.-check

Take said information for what it is -check

Don't whinge of greet about it -check

Relax and have a can of juice -check

Wouldn't bother about it. The shite that folk post and get excited about probably have a smelly room, big pc, and thrash themselves to oblivion.

Back