All you need to know about Scottish football in one video clip.

It's a red mate not a yellow. When he jumped he exerted as much force as possible driving into the leg on the way down. Players use ladders, practice fast feet and have good coordination. He knows where his feet are going. What he did was wholly intentional, off the ball and endangering the player. Ten men all game might have made a difference as well. Disgrace that the ref, assistant and VAR missed it. There's no excuse now that it's been highlighted though. It might be their old stokes type challenge tactic in the first five minutes that they think that they can get away with cropping up again.

The ladders point is spot on. Not a single professional footballer lands like that jumping over something. It’s the landing of a 7 year old jumping over a narrow burn like their life depended on it.

Sutton, Hartson and Michael Stewart would have tweeted out the clip to get the ball rolling. The BBC would then run with it and the rest would fall into line. Before you know it, the SFA announce they are looking into it.

Spot on. It’s the same old Scottish media narrative. The key placemen are either in on it or so stupid they don’t realise cucks like sutton/Stewart etc are using them to push their agenda.

Not mentioned in any match report in the Scottish press. BTW is nae shame screaming about it from the rooftops? Nah, thought not.

I don't know how guys in the opposition don't lose their rag when tackles like this happen and are not punished.

Can't help feeling if it happened to me as a player I would be wanting to retaliate and damn the consequences or as a manager just call the whole team off the park and let the SFA and referees explain to the worlds media why the match was cancelled.

Wonder if it would get more traction coming from an account not called BJK? Not a criticism of the account but media unlikely to RT an account named like that

Last edited:
Its more of a red card than Clancys red for Cifuentes after VAR.
I’ve actually just watched it on a decent screen and it is a very poor challenge.
At least a yellow card.
However, using your example, and I’ll add in Sterling’s, okay it’s a different referee, it is as much a red card challenge as those two.

Thanks for posting the stats Jambo. In 5 games they've conceded 46 fouls and received 0 cards but have been on the receiving end of 50 fouls with the opposition receiving 13 cards. You wouldn't see these stats in any other league I'd wager.
This must come under that “pattern of assistance” thing we keep reading about.

Yet we have that c--t Leckie today, whose article is all about the red card for the poor Killie player, who was actually sent off according to the rules of the game.
Yes, I read that article earlier (thanks to Mr. D). Seems wee Bill, like the rest of them only hate the rules when it benefits a certain team, in this case us. Bastards the lot of 'em.

Tin hat on here... but he doesn't connect.
He knicks the Hearts player's head with his knee and stumbles over him bringing his foot down just inside of the leg.
That's at full speed and if he connects with the player, he's in agony from it which I don't see happening... just him holding his head from the initial contact.

I await the abuse.

First time I've seen that!
That is assault ffs!
Not only a red card but a wee spell at His Majesties Pleasure would be in order.

and before anyone starts....remember what happened to Duncan Ferguson!

Obviously this has been totally overshadowed in the media by the real outrageous, big scandal, controversial juicy news story from the weekend fixtures.

Fabio Silva's goal celebration.

Tin hat on here... but he doesn't connect.
He knicks the Hearts player's head with his knee and stumbles over him bringing his foot down just inside of the leg.
That's at full speed and if he connects with the player, he's in agony from it which I don't see happening... just him holding his head from the initial contact.

I await the abuse.
He MIGHT not connect, or might not connect with full force. He might graze him, or his studs might miss his face by an inch or two. Hard to tell from that short clip, but assuming he didn't require treatment, he wasn't forcefully stamped on his face. I agree that much.

But you don't need to injure someone to get a red card, or for VAR to intervene if the referee hasn't so much as awarded a free kick. Was McGregor's attempt to hurdle a player he'd just tripped reckless, with luck being the only thing preventing a stud connecting with the face or another part of the body? I think so. I think VAR should have at least made Clancy view a multi-angle replay on the monitor. In fact, I'd like to see the other angles myself.

That's a retrospective red card all day long. Professional players can jump and land where they want. That was disgraceful, you can see him driving down into the leg. 100% intentional and a##hole behaviour. He should be out for our game for that.
Remember when Morelos lightly stepped on a player with one foot when realistically he had no chance of avoiding them

Versus this deliberate two footed jumping stamp

Horrendous

Indefensible

Celtic going down to ten men in the opening minutes of a must win game? , their captain then being suspended for a title deciding old firm? Let’s not be silly …
Exactly, look at the view Clancy has, the linesman also.

Maybe someone in our team will give McGregor a taste of his own medicine? instead of letting him run the show as he’s been allowed to do in a few of these games. Oh wait, our guys are all good boys and wouldn’t dream of wiring in to the little b@stard!

Don’t worry Mikey Stewart (the failed trialist) & Chris Sutton (the goat botherer) will be along any time now to condemn that.

Shirley.

I see that the Sun have picked up on this tackle and have comments on an article from their favourite go-to Tim Ex-refs, both of whom agree that it should at the very least have been a matter for VAR.
Now some on here who instantly dismissed the possibility of McGregor deliberately landing his boot on an opponents leg, should consider their position on this issue compared to two former bitter Tim referees, but that is another matter, the greater point is that it should surely have been looked at by VAR and perhaps we could have seen the angles that clear the entire matter up.
The fact that this wasn't the case is the core reason for the thread.

Think on that.

Because, the implications for those in the VAR room to possibly be responsible for the Filth captain being sent off early doors, in a key league encounter against a team who have already beaten them twice this season, with the further jeopardy of the player missing the next two key games against Rangers and Kilmarnock, is probably a risk that they were unwilling to take, said no cynical hack in the Scottish press.

Because John Beaton and the fallout from the last big VAR interference in their fortunes, wouldn't have had any impact on the mindset of other officials in a similar situation, would it?
I mean, would it!!!

Last edited:
It 100% should have been looked at, the filth hordes online are saying there are images showing McGregor landing on the grass.

I see that the Sun have picked up on this tackle and have comments on an article from their favourite go-to Tim Ex-refs, both of whom agree that it should at the very least have been a matter for VAR.
Now some on here who instantly dismissed the possibility of McGregor deliberately landing his boot on an opponents leg, should consider their position on this matter compared to two former bitter Tim referees, but that is another matter, the greater point is that it should surely have been looked at by VAR and perhaps we could have seen the angles that clear the entire matter up.
The fact that this wasn't the case is the core reason for the thread.

Think on that.

Because, the implications for those in the VAR room to possibly be responsible for the Filth captain being sent off early doors, in a key league encounter against a team who have already beaten them twice this season, with the further jeopardy of the player missing the next two key games against Rangers and Kilmarnock, is probably a risk that they were unwilling to take, said no cynical hack in the Scottish press.

Because John Beaton and the fallout from the last big VAR interference in their fortunes, wouldn't have had any impact on the mindset of other officials in a similar situation, would it?
I mean, would it!!!
Have you got a link to the Sun article, bilkobear?

He MIGHT not connect, or might not connect with full force. He might graze him, or his studs might miss his face by an inch or two. Hard to tell from that short clip, but assuming he didn't require treatment, he wasn't forcefully stamped on his face. I agree that much.

But you don't need to injure someone to get a red card, or for VAR to intervene if the referee hasn't so much as awarded a free kick. Was McGregor's attempt to hurdle a player he'd just tripped reckless, with luck being the only thing preventing a stud connecting with the face or another part of the body? I think so. I think VAR should have at least made Clancy view a multi-angle replay on the monitor. In fact, I'd like to see the other angles myself.
Agree with this - the fact that he tried to hurdle his head is dangerous and is endangering an opponent. Would have been easier to run round him.

That’s a fucking disgraceful stamp by a so-called professional footballer. Do that in the street and you are behind bars

As for VAR and the referee - proof positive that they are bought by Celtic and allows their players to act without fear of punishment

A disgrace if nothing comes of it from the Compliance Officer
There was zero need for him to jump over the player as he did. It was a deliberate stamp and the fact nothing was done says everything you need to know about the direction of Scottish football

Back