Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see us winning with the present squad. Had all our players been fit it could have been different. I dont like this always cheated and not defeated attitude. They have been the better side so far and it is up to CP and the team on the park to score the goals we need. I expect we will need Killie to beat them as a three nil win over them is I feel beyond us.
However every so often football can turn up a freak result and who knows we might run out 4 nil winners.
We can only hope but my support will still be there and I will not be sacking managers or boards if we lose but look forward to a new era with PC.
2 - 1 for us would be fine and we then hit Hearts for the goals we need.

We won’t just have to beat them, but beat them by a considerable margin as well. Can’t see them dropping points against the other teams. They have improved at the right time of the season I’m afraid.

I’m not overly optimistic now, but I’ll be full of hope by kick off as usual.

They can, but they need to show something a Rangers team hasn't for a long time. Heart and fight. But I'm not optimistic. This team just continuously lets us down when it really matters. The sooner most people learn that, the sooner we might actually be able to get leaders who can lead the team.

I take it all the surrender monkeys on here won't be watching the game?
We can be as staunch and defiant as we want, but it doesn’t change the fact these players aren’t mentally equipped to go to the scaffolding with no fans, in front of 60,000 rabid bastards, and deal with their notorious 300mph fast start.

Any bullishness and fighting spirit on our part doesn’t impact these players in any way.

We won’t just have to beat them, but beat them by a considerable margin as well. Can’t see them dropping points against the other teams. They have improved at the right time of the season I’m afraid.

I’m not overly optimistic now, but I’ll be full of hope by kick off as usual.
We absolutely don’t need to beat them by a considerable margin. Beat them by one goal and we can overturn the goal difference against Dundee on the Tuesday or even against Hearts.

If they play through Dio and the front 3 are fluid then we have every chance.

But, it will be play down the sides or a long ball ove the top. Dio will spend the game as he always does, gesturing for the ball.

I'm not sure what you do about the RM position but I want to see Sterling more central. Sterling to hound McGregor for the full 90 minutes please!

Given we have been cheated out of a goal in the last 3 old firm encounters, then yes. They are not better than us but we will probably need a bit of luck and our best performance to win.

Sporting contest. Always a chance. Needs an attitude and level of performance that we haven't seen from most of these players at Parkhead. So its big ask.

I actually think having Ridvan, Davies and Souttar in the back line this time will help us beat their press way more effectively and we know that’s a key aspect of their strategy against us. If we can execute that early on I think it will spook them a bit. More concerning is how we press them as I’m just not sure we have the players available in the forward positions to stay on top of their back line which is still fragile.

We have beaten better teams so of course we do. The idea that its impossible, or even improbable, when the teams are evenly matched, is ridiculous

All the evidence says we don’t have the stones to go into that game and get it done. You need the right mindset, I’m not really seeing many signs our squad have it. I’ll be over the moon if I’m proven wrong.

If we go with the same formation as the last few games against them, we will get beat. A strong midfield 3, drop this 10 nonsense which doesn’t work against them and we will increase our chances significantly.

With no fans the ref will be under massive pressure. I can see us having 2-3 booked before half time.
I havent looked at who's in charge, if its even been announced, but that is a big worry for me.

I don't think we have the available players to go there and put on a great performance so most likely we'll have to find a way to keep things tight while also carrying some sort of threat up front to keep them from eventually overwhelming us.

Reckon we win by keeping it 0-0 until the hour mark, taking the sting out of the crowd and finding a way to create and take a chance. I can't see us grinding out a 1-0 so we'd probably need to try and score a second on the break in this scenario. Are we capable of this? Maybe, but I think we're going to need them to be below par in attack and we also need to show a level of ruthlessness in front of goal that we haven't managed too often in this fixture.
Would love a 1-0 from a rock solid defensive display and from taking our one golden chance, rest of the game being a stalemate battle. Do I think this group are capable? No but we live in hope.

We can be as staunch and defiant as we want, but it doesn’t change the fact these players aren’t mentally equipped to go to the scaffolding with no fans, in front of 60,000 rabid bastards, and deal with their notorious 300mph fast start.

Any bullishness and fighting spirit on our part doesn’t impact these players in any way.
Regardless of what we say, until the players believe, it’s not going to happen.

Yes, of course we do. But we’ll have to get after them straight from the start.

Sit in and try ride the storm, then it’s gonna be a long afternoon imo.

I don't know how you can say that when we've had 4 legit goals disallowed against them in 4/5 games.

We can beat them. Will we be allowed to beat them?
We will have 4 officials and a VAR bheast to get past as standard, it would be so good if all 11 Rangers players step up and get it done.

If we do then we still have the refereees and var to beat, I won’t be drinking for this one but hopefully I am by the end of the night

We've got Cantwell being a Facebook maw and Barisic arguing with arsehole supporters over a signature. This is going to be a nonsense week. We know exactly how this is going to go

Going by recent games against Them , we haven’t shown enough to give us confidence but it’s football and anything can happen I suppose
We definitely have, beating a team like Real Betis twice this season means we can definitely beat them.

Plenty of lesser teams than us have beat them.

This team needs to believe they can first of all and then ,quite frankly, Clement needs to do his job getting them hungry, first to every ball, pressing and creating hell for them.

If we do not press, fight and push relentlessly then they will run over the top of us if Clement has the team standing off them.

Stand off and be cautious I think we get done. Only chance is take it to them and hope we get the luck in front of goal.

We have what is termed in boxing a “punchers chance” and that’s it. We are massive underdogs nothing is impossible but this is pretty close sadly.

We can show all the bottle and battling spirit we’d expect - but it ultimately comes down to quality - taking the ball in tight situations, accurate passing ,creating chances and taking them.
Sadly the evidence suggests we don’t have the quality throughout the team to do that - especially from middle to front.
Hope I’m wrong but a win would be a surprise

We have the quality...I don't think there is much between the 2 sides. But I don't believe our players have it between the ears.

We've got Cantwell being a Facebook maw and Barisic arguing with arsehole supporters over a signature. This is going to be a nonsense week. We know exactly how this is going to go
Add to that the Rae and Silva scrapping rumour along with Goldson allegedly falling out with the gaffer.
Not the noises of a happy camp.
Some of it may be pish but no smoke without fire.
We are not in a good way going to the place some of our players fear the most.
Add some key injuries also.
Heart always says we have a chance but head is saying ..get real.

Im convinced behind the scenes the players are mostly quite happy they got themselves back in contention.

The only one im convinced is determined to win it all is the manager

Youll hear nothing from their players all week because they are honed in, and itll probably tell in the first 10 minutes

Again the only hope we have is PC

My fear is that this game plays out the way countless others have.

They come out the traps flying and we look terrified.
We then settle down and miss countless chances.
They score right before half time.
They score again as we ponder making changes.
We then start to play football in the last twenty minutes when it’s too late.

Throw in a few dodgy decisions as well!

Something has got to give sooner rather than later, they really are not that good and we are actually decent when we play, especially if you don’t listen to the BS spouted in the media and actually just watch.

So, Anything can happen.

I am a glass half full type of guy

Goldson not being there will be a benefit hopefully.

Both he and Tavernier heads go in these games. You can see the fear in the tunnel before kick off.

We aren't in good form, we aren't a great side and we don't have a good record there.

All that being said, anything can happen in football. We're certainly due a bit of luck and a result at their place.

If we get the opener the fear will spread right through the stands and it'll be interesting that's for sure.

It's a huge game make no mistake.

If we can get 3 or 4 it'll be fucking scenes man.

There's literally been a single goal that has separated the sides in recent games. We have fallen short but it's not as if we have been well beaten. We've been unlucky with injuries and refereeing decisions. We have also been our own worst enemy at times.

Obviously they are rightful favourites given they are at home and the amount of injuries to key players we have but it's still not an impossible task.

Last edited:
That's not how it works and you know it.

Have you seriously never went in to an old firm having no confidence in the team being on task?

When we had the likes of Senderos and Kiernan going into a game I wasn't as hopeful. But look at the league table. One look at it tells you there's not a great deal between the sides. Their squad is in a more healthy state than ours which is where they have an edge along with home advantage. Still, it's a 90 minute game of football and anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back