Match Thread Dumbarton v Rangers - 17:30 Saturday - Viaplay Sports (Confirmed)

Good win that, could easily have been the other way had our attitudes wrong as Lundstram rightly says.

A win and up the road and another step closer to the Prodruple.

lol at BBC text feed when Dumbarton scored

Hello.

It's almost certainly too late, but Matthew Shiels flicks a lovely header into the far post for Dumbarton.

followed by Craigans comment from the commentary

Matthew Shiels just had to make contact and guide it in.

It's a brilliant ball in. Is there a twist in the tale?
“I thought Dumbarton had a lifeline there”.

Nae bother Crags.

We might have won that 4-1 but I thought we made heavy weather of it, at times, in heavy weather.
That near post defending at set plays has to be addressed also.

I thought it was about as comfortable as we could've hoped for tbh. Should've won by more.

Agree with your comment about the set piece but, other than that it was fine.

I think that given the weather and pitch it falls under a "good" performance description. Certainly can do far better. But seems like no injuries, 4 goals, minutes for players coming back from injury so onto Hibs next.

just one thing that does bug the hell out of me though. Players who lean back when hitting the ball and send it over the bar like it's a rugby conversion! Aaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!

I notice we draw out of a lot of 50/ 50 tackles in Scottish games now (and i dont blame them) the opponents go in with intent to injure with there boot following through everytime. Wonder if the manager has anything to do with it, hes probably paranoid now with the amount of injuries we have?
This is true, we don't win many 50/50's, or "duels" in the new world...

I notice we draw out of a lot of 50/ 50 tackles in Scottish games now (and i dont blame them) the opponents go in with intent to injure with there boot following through everytime. Wonder if the manager has anything to do with it, hes probably paranoid now with the amount of injuries we have?
When the refs let the opponents kick us up and down for 90 mins and book us for a first tackle, it's no wonder

I thought it was about as comfortable as we could've hoped for tbh. Should've won by more.

Agree with your comment about the set piece but, other than that it was fine.
We've all got opinions mine just happens to be different from yours. I thought McAusland was better on the left as he was getting very little out of their leftback when he was on the right. I thought Dessers was woeful. I thought Matondo was wasteful with a few flashes of what he can do. Tav was decent, Raskin did nothing of note, Cantwell the same. I thought Lundstram was decent, Ridvan OK, Goldson looked like Bambi on ice at times. It was a bobbly cut up pitch but even at that our composure in front of goal is a joke with shots flying everywhere but near the goals. We should have been in double figures goals wise.

All about opinions.

dire watch.

Matondo dangerous but cannot finish
Dessers should’ve had hat trixk
Mcausland looked dangerous at times
Cantwell yet again not turning up, a real issue!
Yilmaz has to be first choice
Mccrorie fine at this level but not good enough

Disappointing to concede Amy goal let alone that one but a good result in minging conditions.

Back