Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports - MATCH POSTPONED

I am really dreading today and being honest nervous. Really hope the boys just return with the three points though. This will be a massive test of character. After Thursday disappointment. Away fixture. Their manager will have them fired up in front of sky cameras. Plus all the Tim-loving media will be praying we slip up on paddy’s day. Can just see the headlines already!! Hope I am wrong and we got after them from first whistle. Rangers PROVE ME WRONG!!! Come on!!
People have been giving it the test of character chat every single match in 2024

After a dozen games we can safely say this team has character

The result today does not change that

They are obviously trying their best to get it on, otherwise they would just have called it off at the original inspection at 9:15
According to the Met Office, no rain in Dundee at the moment and less than 10% chance of rain for rest of day/evening. So yeah, it's possible that the delay is due to them preparing pitch.

So, when will the match be played.
Just guesswork at the moment, but my guess is the midweek after the Old Firm match and before the Ross County match.
Or is there anything to stop the match being played this coming Wednesday?

Embarrassing! Nothing to do with the fact that Scumdee are missing half their first team!! There’s no chance the groundsmen were encouraged to make it playable

The game being off has both positives and negatives.

Would've been a bonus to get this game played, as not to have a midweek week fixture coming up.

Bonus is that we'll have more player's back when it does go ahead.

Reactions: TQ3
After a gruelling game only three days ago they would have had to endure further training sessions to prepare for this game. For a team to then be so incapable in maintaining their ground for a standard level of rain is abysmal.

Going forward rules should be clear in respect to this situations with a 3-0 loss as a punishment. If there was a weather warning type situation then it’s understandable but it was just a night of rain.

A team challenging for a title goes to places like Dundee and wins, I dont care what Dundee have done or how up for it they are, we go there and turn them over, for the first time in a long while the title is in within touching distance, its all about what we do, and how we apply ourselves.

The good: Our season is all now based on winning the last 9 league games.
Having played a very physically demanding game against Benfica a couple of days ago and us carrying injuries I think it’s good news for us. If it’s rearranged for after the international break we’ll have Sima back I’d hope
The bad: this is however shocking for the Rangers fans who have set off for Dundee this morning.

Nah, that’s just silly.

You think word will come from the SFA, to tell the ref to insist the pitch is unplayable just to keep Celtic top of the league for a couple of weeks?
You think they couldn't or wouldn't do that, they will do anything that they think will give shame FC an advantage over us, just wait till we get down to the nitty gritty bit of the season, if we are still clear I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we ended up with a fixture pile up, to think they wouldn't do it is naive, they are mentally challenged scum and they hate us..

After a gruelling game only three days ago they would have had to endure further training sessions to prepare for this game. For a team to then be so incapable in maintaining their ground for a standard level of rain is abysmal.

Going forward rules should be clear in respect to this situations with a 3-0 loss as a punishment. If there was a weather warning type situation then it’s understandable but it was just a night of rain.
Ok. So if there is a lot of rain and the game goes ahead and a player fucks his ankle in the soft pitch. Who do we blame?

The good: Our season is all now based on winning the last 9 league games.
Having played a very physically demanding game against Benfica a couple of days ago and us carrying injuries I think it’s good news for us. If it’s rearranged for after the international break we’ll have Sima back I’d hope
The bad: this is however shocking for the Rangers fans who have set off for Dundee this morning.
I absolutely feel for those who have travelled but I also think it’s the best thing for the team.
A good fortnight rest and hopefully we’ll have two or three more back firing when we return.

Ok. So if there is a lot of rain and the game goes ahead and a player fucks his ankle in the soft pitch. Who do we blame?
They should be able to maintain a pitch. The game being called off isn’t the issue. It was a night of rain, rain in Scotland isn’t a new phenomenon.

They should be fined, even under the current SPFL rules there is apt governance to cover that(G53) but this useless inept bastards that run the game are clowns.

Back