Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Danilo works hard and takes up good positions but cant shoot and score.
Morelos would have had at least a couple when he was at his best and we have not really replaced him.
Roofe is a penalty box striker and should be given a start.

Torture beginning with lots of panic passing and so many long passes miles off.

Then Hearts tire a bit after blowing their arses off for 15 minutes. That's when we started looking so much better and organised.

Thankfully we survived that and it was good to see Hearts players not getting a second on the ball for most of the game.

I keep saying we can't survive Lundstram giving away free goals which he so nearly did yet again near the end. At least sub him in the second half when he's tired.

The relevance of your comment suggests you were only a wee boy when Laudrop played and therefore you failed to grasp how good he really was. Trying to be a smartass is not the Rangers way. Discuss. Debate. Offer fair criticism. All these are acceptable. I made reasonable comments about Ross’s ability. It’s called analysis. Are you capable of defending your own comments? If not, don’t lapse into childish behaviour.
McCausland has the potential to be the new Laudrup i don't need to defend my comments. You name dropped Cruyff, Best and Pele. No doubt you've rubbed shoulders with Nelson Mandela, JFK and the Queen most probably. Was just a light hearted reply to your condescending post. McCausland is going to be the new Laudrup you wait and see.

Reactions: SCG
That should’ve been so much easier. Danilo chances are the type you’d see finished in a pub league. Add in the other few.

Still think we stand off and lack a lot especially in midfield had a horrible feeling after the chances we missed that it would be a case of you know what’s coming

McCausland has the potential to be the new Laudrup i don't need to defend my comments. You name dropped Cruyff, Best and Pele. No doubt you've rubbed shoulders with Nelson Mandela, JFK and the Queen most probably. Was just a light hearted reply to your condescending post. McCausland is going to be the new Laudrup you wait and see.
Jesus %^*&. I’d be happy if he reached his potential and was half the player.

I thought so too. Give him a run at left back. Good to see him skin Forrest, long time since we've had a left back who can dribble past the right back
He has looked decent anytime he has had minutes. I had him and Ridvan as my starting full backs tonight.

Lundstram was immense. Man of the match by a long way.

In a summer where we are likely going to have to replace jack, Lawrence, Dowell, he should easily get a new deal. Has been most improved player under Clement
He's on huge money and will probably want a long contract as a last payday. I think we can get better value but that's probably for another thread. He did play well tonight bar that one lapse which he does every game.

A decent, if not vintage performance, and a vital three points.

We had some good passages of play and I thought we were by far the more threatening side, but again wastefulness in front of goal made the night more nervy that it needed to be. Hearts did fashion a handful of chances, but on the whole I thought we defended really well

I thought that was Cifuentes best game for us so far tonight, and if he can continue to contribute like that perhaps he has a future with us after all.

We debate Tav as captain a lot on here, but he certainly played a captains role tonight. He seemed to take the game by the scruff of the neck with that surging run, playing an exquisite pass to Sima to score a vital goal to break the deadlock.

11 games unbeaten now for big Phil. Lets hope it continues. We have to hope we can keep chalking up the wins over the holiday period and pick up a decent striker in the window

WATP!!

In a summer where we are likely going to have to replace jack, Lawrence, Dowell, he should easily get a new deal. Has been most improved player under Clement
Just wish he didn't have the, once every game, brain fart that could eventually cost us. Otherwise he is our best CM and I'd keep him at the right price.

We totally bossed that 2nd half - finishing was the only downside.

Todd, Lunny, Balogun, Cifu and Sterling were all top class.

I’ve been out this evening and just watched Sportscene highlights.
That little rat Sutherland and McFadden also McCann saying we can’t afford Sima,

Can anyone tell me what happened with Tom Lawrence as he clearly came off early?

You really don't create 4 or 5 'sitters' from a bad performance. Could have been more clinical perhaps, but we were the dominant team in that game.
Dominant team yes, but ability to take chances does come into when commenting on the overall performance.

Danilo was shocking in front of goal.

Game should have been done and dusted,poor finishing left the team having to battle until the end when it should have been a canter.

Torture beginning with lots of panic passing and so many long passes miles off.

Then Hearts tire a bit after blowing their arses off for 15 minutes. That's when we started looking so much better and organised.

Thankfully we survived that and it was good to see Hearts players not getting a second on the ball for most of the game.

I keep saying we can't survive Lundstram giving away free goals which he so nearly did yet again near the end. At least sub him in the second half when he's tired.
Can’t sub one of our form players

Watched every painful minute. It's not very entertaining though. Maybe I'm just as nervous and anxious as the players.

Thought second half was OK.....last 15 it has been years and years since I felt confident of holding on to 1-0....

Energy and movement good second half and I am seeing slow improvement overall, sometimes a step back but remain optimistic that Clement can took us significantly forward.

Finishing remains woeful

Can’t believe Lawrence looks injured again, or should that be I can believe. Hopefully nothing too serious

Butland continues to shine. Tav great for the assist, Balogun solid, Yilmaz better than Barasic (he needs games) . Cifuentes and Lundstram both had good games, Cantwell although not at his best, just looks so comfortable in the middle and had some good moments.
We need a decent striker and maybe a right winger (MacCausland good but still young, competition needed, and a few injured player back and we may give the title a run.

Felt we were good again tonight. Obviously a bit twitchy towards the end with the scoreline but yet again we created chance after chance like we did at Aberdeen.

The difference between Beale’s team creating next to nothing and being dodgy at the back and Clements to being solid defensively and creating chance after chance is a real big positive.

If we had scored 5/6/7 tonight and at the sheep there would of been no arguments about it. Big chances are coming at a plenty and we are close to giving someone a real hiding.

I think the empties in the three stands are folk not turning up.
the ‘ away’ stand is confusing.
tarts have decided an amount and that’s it.
the size of the segregation was a bit more than necessary, unless it’s to do with the facilities below.
I started going to Rangers away games when I was about 16 or 17 in the mid-1970's. At Tynecastle in those days there would be about 28,000 to 30,000 attendances, and of that we'd have around 16,000 or 17,000.

Scottish football nowadays is a f@cking joke with clubs cutting off their own noses to spite their faces. The last away match v Hearts I went to (I live in London) was the one at Murrayfield where we took about 14,000. F*ck this 500 away fans nonsense!

Watched it in the Spotted Dog, New York. Decent atmosphere albeit one person behind the bar and some clown who was a loud mouth who didn’t know the words to the majority of Rangers songs.

Performance. Just the norm, boring, slow, wasteful.

Wins a win.

The Lammers slamming is silly. Imagine the roles were reversed and McCausland laid a ball off for Lammers, who hadn't made the run. This place would go nuts.

If you're going to play the ball to Lammers, you should support the move. McCausland has been excellent, other than being a bit ponderous on the ball in the area, but he should have come forward when Lammers headed it into space.

Hahaha

When Lammers was receiving the ball Mccausland was 20 yards back doing a Murty headstand. Impossible.

Not sure where the ponderous comment comes from either

Apart from the time where he passed the ball straight to a hearts player right outside our box,sane thing he done against St. Mirren.

The Tim's thought we would drop points tonight, so na, na, na, na ,na to them. It a good win away to the 3rd best team in the league

Very likely. In his defence, it was an excellent first touch to get it under control - just needed that bit of height on the shot. Poor miss, good save.

Don't often drop into the match thread but I see it's still the usual hypercritical stuff.
Hardly hypocritical in saying a striker should score from the six yard box is it?

Hardly hypocritical in saying a striker should score from the six yard box is it?
HYPERcritical rather than hypocritical mate - and the point was about this forum in general rather than the specific incident. On the Danilo miss specifically, he took a great touch and got his shot away. Should he have done better - and inch higher for example - then yes. However, it was also a good save.

I panicked when cifu came on but he had a decent game i thought Sterling was good for his limited time on the park Mccausland was the stand out again for me but it was a hard game to watch the first half littered with poor misplaced half hearted passing

Butland was just doing Butland things and being cool as %^*& with it

Lundstram was excellent apart from a couple of brain farts
Cifuentes was good
Cantwell had flashes of brilliance
McCausland was very good but need to learn to draw fouls instead of being resolute
Sima took goal brilliantly but flitted in and out the game
Tav, great run for goal generally ok but madness at end with the shot from the free kick
Sterling looked good
Goldson and Balogun were ok
Ridvan started poor but grew into the game
Lawrence was lost
Danilo was awful
Lammers was a disgrace
Roofe didn't do much but should've gone on himself with the Sima chance

Shankland is a workhorse and that always looks good. He does score goals as well to give credit where it is due but he has zero pace and his best seasons are the rearview.

He could have been a snip if Rangers had rolled the dice on him prior to his Hearts move but the ship has sailed and Rangers need something more from a forward.........like Danilo!

I wont knock him for the bring down n hit chance, that was good save and actually to do it the way he did took excellent poise and technique. He was just at such close range Vs a big Keeper who spread himself effectively.

Cifuentes looked part of the game for the first time in a Rangers shirt. He linked and broke up play nicely, while being a helping hand to teammates. I think he's better than Lundstrum in that he makes fewer mistakes with decisions and isn't slow as a week in the jail. Lundstrum is playing well but it's contract time and too long since he made Belinda Carlisle write a song about him.

I liked Sterling's short appearance where he showed a lot of effort and application. Great physicality and speed which is an upgrade on Barisic. He perhaps lacks the offensive attributes of Ridvan but our defence with the young Turk is a man down at any set play.
Comedy moment of the game for me was Cifu tracking and mugging Forrest Baggins.

Are you saying Balogun is he best header of a ball in the EU (even though we're no longer in it) ? :))
C'mon Rangers, just give us a stress free 3 fukin points please, for once!
Don't need to be somewhere to be best.

Some of the best astronauts in the world are actually in space.

Given the choice of watching endless and turgid backwards, sideways, backwards or being more direct and positive, making loads of chances, it’s a no brainier for me.
As usual we hear history being rewritten “Morelos would have had a hat-trick”
No he wouldn’t, he missed sitters all over the place and more than likely wouldn’t have been there to miss it anyway.
Strikers have dry spells where nothing goes right, even Ally McCoist couldn’t kick his own arse at times.

Hahaha

When Lammers was receiving the ball Mccausland was 20 yards back doing a Murty headstand. Impossible.

Not sure where the ponderous comment comes from either

Nonsense mate, that ground is easily made up before Lammers heads it, should've been on his toes... :mad::mad::mad:

Image.jpg

I started going to Rangers away games when I was about 16 or 17 in the mid-1970's. At Tynecastle in those days there would be about 28,000 to 30,000 attendances, and of that we'd have around 16,000 or 17,000.

Scottish football nowadays is a f@cking joke with clubs cutting off their own noses to spite their faces. The last away match v Hearts I went to (I live in London) was the one at Murrayfield where we took about 14,000. F*ck this 500 away fans nonsense!
The finance guy at these clubs must have said it’s ok.
paisley, one stand removed.
killie, one stand removed.
hibs can’t make up their mind.
sheep reduction.
parkhead reduction
fir park? Has the main stand allocation been removed?
tynecastle, almost none.
perth, varies two and third main stand or three stands
livi, three stands.
dundee one stand removed.
ross county, one stand removed.
can it be police costs are so high more away fans isn't viable?

HYPERcritical rather than hypocritical mate - and the point was about this forum in general rather than the specific incident. On the Danilo miss specifically, he took a great touch and got his shot away. Should he have done better - and inch higher for example - then yes. However, it was also a good save.
Damn auto spell! :cool:, yeah was a good stop by the keeper.
I like Danilo btw just think the service to him lately could be better also great to see him get into scoring positions last night.

Sima scored a good goal that’s quite literally the difference between the teams, Tav created it with a magnificent through ball, and then made a terrific block up the other end.

I’d say both get pass marks
Do you think our team played well in the first half?

Back