Podcast New Heart and Hand out - Identity Crisis

Listening on YouTube the now. Not much to disagree with unfortunately. Writings on the wall!

He has to go now.
We have an international break coming up so let’s do it when there’s no focus on league matches for a week or so.
That reaction on Sunday from the fans is just the tip of the iceberg if results were to get worse.
I’ve seen fans standing outside the front door of Ibrox calling for managers to be sacked. He at least deserves to go with a bit of dignity.

He has to go now.
We have an international break coming up so let’s do it when there’s no focus on league matches for a week or so.
That reaction on Sunday from the fans is just the tip of the iceberg if results were to get worse.
I’ve seen fans standing outside the front door of Ibrox calling for managers to be sacked. He at least deserves to go with a bit of dignity.
Our board have a duty to do this correctly and to save our season.

For Beales sake and the club, it has to be tomorrow.

Rightly or wrongly, the board won’t pull the trigger imminently .

We are however on a road to nowhere with a season already looking beyond us if we don’t do anything soon.

It’s not in the clubs nature to be proactive
the last time we appointed and experience manager was 2007.

Since then punts, pals network and dross

When the time comes, you throw anything at a manager of repute.
No more excuses

Not a cheery one but it does have auld Andy on it.

I was quite shocked at the largely unanimous displeasure voiced in the club deck on a number of fronts yesterday.

Usually it’s pockets or individuals having a good but the general consensus was disgust at the set up, lack of fight/press/aggression and the substitutions.

It certainly seems like the leading fan media outlets are sharing this so you wonder how much longer Beale will last

I was quite shocked at the largely unanimous displeasure voiced in the club deck on a number of fronts yesterday.

Usually it’s pockets or individuals having a good but the general consensus was disgust at the set up, lack of fight/press/aggression and the substitutions.

It certainly seems like the leading fan media outlets are sharing this so you wonder how much longer Beale will last

Fan media are just fans bud. Generally representative of the general mood.

What was his reply David?
Did he answer?
I’m genuinely wanting to know what his vision is, what is this team supposed to be? What’s our DNA?

Ps wasn’t a dig at media etc

He was asked specifically about our long ball tactics and if that was how the team was being instructed to play.

He answered, there was an anxiousness in our play and blamed the back four for sitting too deep. They spoke about it at half time and you could see we were 15-20 yards further up the pitch and whilst we could've created more, we had enough chances to score. Certainly more than Celtic. Factual I suppose but, doesn't really answer the question or begin to tell the story of the game.

Later on he did admit that the connect between midfield and attack wasn't where it should be and that's what we will be working on.

Good listen and I pretty much agree 100% with all that's being said

Sad to hear the concensus reflecting that the board are likely going to give Beale the benefit of the doubt more in hope than expectation. This is despite almost all evidence suggesting failure

I can only hope the board are more ruthless than any Rangers board I can remember

I do agree, definitely.

Sometimes I think that the mood of this board is not representative of fans generally but in this case it really seems to be.

People around me who are generally quite reserved were going off about things yesterday.

Yeah, obviously it’s not scientific but anecdotally I’d say it was 90/10.

Reaction at ground was biggest indicator of course.

just finished listening to it and great pod as usual - agree with everything 100%.

Curios if any of the board actually listen to fan media?

We all know it’s over, the board have to act now - he might win a few more games but when he loses his next big game the support will turn and it won’t be pretty.

Good listen and I pretty much agree 100% with all that's being said

Sad to hear the concensus reflecting that the board are likely going to give Beale the benefit of the doubt more in hope than expectation. This is despite almost all evidence suggesting failure

I can only hope the board are more ruthless than any Rangers board I can remember

I very much doubt that.

He was asked specifically about our long ball tactics and if that was how the team was being instructed to play.

He answered, there was an anxiousness in our play and blamed the back four for sitting too deep. They spoke about it at half time and you could see we were 15-20 yards further up the pitch and whilst we could've created more, we had enough chances to score. Certainly more than Celtic. Factual I suppose but, doesn't really answer the question or begin to tell the story of the game.

Later on he did admit that the connect between midfield and attack wasn't where it should be and that's what we will be working on.
He shouldn’t have been waiting to half time to get them up the park.

He should’ve been screaming on that sideline, telling them to get their fucking shitebag arses up the park. It’s the only reason he’s even there on the sideline.

I swear to fucking god almighty, Beale better not manage another game for us. Get him sacked now. If I see him in the dugout one more time, I’m done for the season.

Bisgrove and Bennett better get on the phone to Souness and beg him to get involved with the club some way and get an experienced manager in the door, whatever the cost.

This simply cannot go on.

Last edited:
The signs have been there for all to see.

Losing the games that mattered.
Lacklustre preseason.
No apparent tactics or style of play.
Bamboozling subs.
Playing players all over the shop in the hope something works.
Defence not replaced.
Millions sat warming the bench.

It's a bloody farce when you sit and think about it really. An utter shambles.

You know, when I think about it now, the Hagi presser was perhaps signs that not all is well behind the scenes as well. Something just doesn't seem right about that situation.
There may be a touch of Hagi trying to force his hand, but I have my doubts.
The boy wanted a fair crack at it with us after his return from injury and wasn't given a sniff.

The board needs step up and stop pissing about with managerial appointments.
Get someone in with a decent pedigree.
Someone that knows how to set up a team and defend. Leave the untried managers to cut their teeth in the lower leagues or elsewhere. There should be no fucking about with this key position at Rangers.

He should’ve been screaming on that sideline, telling them to get their fucking shitebag arses up the park. It’s the only reason he’s even there on the sideline.

He was actually doing that throughout the first half. Personally I didn't think the defence was the biggest issue. Playing with a flat 3 in midfield who were sitting right on top of our own defenders was a much bigger problem.

Totally agree - he stands on the sideline like a statue - zero energy or passion from anyone on our coaching staff.

Compare and contrast to managers like Arteta, Pep, Howe, Moyes - always on the sideline and barking instructions and what they want.

I swear to fucking god almighty, Beale better not manage another game for us. Get him sacked now. If I see him in the dugout one for time, I’m done for the season.

Bisgrove and Bennett better get on the phone to Souness and beg him to get involved with the club some way and get an experienced manager in the door, whatever the cost.

This simply cannot go on.
He only changed it because we went a goal down.

Have you asked the question yet?

Obviously not going to say yeah we are going to sack him tomorrow but could indicate if they are planning on backing him.

They’re not going to answer that, plain and simple. You nail it in your answer - anything they say would be parsed for hidden meanings.

The signs have been there for all to see.

Losing the games that mattered.
Lacklustre preseason.
No apparent tactics or style of play.
Bamboozling subs.
Playing players all over the shop in the hope something works.
Defence not replaced.
Millions sat warming the bench.

It's a bloody farce when you sit and think about it really. An utter shambles.

You know, when I think about it now, the Hagi presser was perhaps signs that not all is well behind the scenes as well. Something just doesn't seem right about that situation.
There may be a touch of Hagi trying to force his hand, but I have my doubts.
The boy wanted a fair crack at it with us after his return from injury and wasn't given a sniff.

The board needs step up and stop pissing about with managerial appointments.
Get someone in with a decent pedigree.
Someone that knows how to set up a team and defend. Leave the untried managers to cut their teeth in the lower leagues or elsewhere. There should be no fucking about with this key position at Rangers.

The players, at least to me yesterday seemed to have no idea what they were being asked to do an why.

Why was Cantwell not playing centrally as a 10 and being asked to covered on the right hand side.

The press was all over the shop too. The players didn’t know whether to press or not leading to massive pockets for McGregor to saunter about in. I suspect the players wanted to press but Beale told them not to.

Their defence was shaky AF under pressure so what do we do? Just sit off. Have the balls lads and we’ll all sit in our own half.

Absolutely shocking and I think a large majority of the fans have just snapped.

Great listen.
Strange game.
Reminded me about early Gerrard when v Celtic at Ibrox we pressed and beat them. Next Ibrox match v Celtic we sat back and lost (may also have been after a Euro game?). Lack of bravery I would say. 4 league rounds in though, too early for the axe. September, favourable domestic fixtures and Betis, see how we do then assess.

Back