Shankland

It was said thousands of times in the transfer thread he would have guaranteed the league. Nothing since the window has closed has changed that.

We have to hope Clement can somehow make something out of the current options we have but it doesn't change the fact it was a big gamble by the board not investing for such an obvious signing.

I still dont think he could play the starting 9 role in Clements system. He looked knackered by the 70th minute.

However, its a squad game and he could definitely offer us something. Id happily take him in the summer on the cheap

There are many reasons why Shankland wasn’t signed and I doubt very much that Clement had the chance to do so.

If it’s Beale’s fault that we didn’t sign him then it just makes him an even bigger helmet than everyone thought.

We don’t have enough Scottish players in the squad. We’ll likely lose 1 or 2 in the summer (Jack definitely and hopefully Wright).

Which other Scottish players are there that wouldn’t cost us at least a couple million to bring in?

I only see players like Lennon Miller/ David Watson as candidates but they’d be project signings and still cost a fair bit.

Shankland would bring instant quality. There’s no guarantees with any transfer but it’s the safest bet you’ll get.

I genuinely can not see why people do not want him, loves the Club, and has scored consistently since moving to Hearts. The only thing is that he is turning 29 this year, but that never stopped us from signing Dessers.
GHwHYuHXIAA0CY0

Ian McCall said on Radio Scotland, just before Christmas that Steven Gerrard and Gary Mac met with him in Ubiquitous Chip in the West End to discuss Shankland joining Rangers.

McCall isn’t sure what changed but he was left with the impression it was a goer.

Unless his contract whittles down, I think he will cost too much - that was the time to do it.

I suppose folk were right that said leaving him at Hearts will help us as he usually scores against the tims, was another super finish.... must say a bit childish but i find it fascinating listening to the experts on here explaining why the lad is not good enough. Limmy gif.

Should definitely have signed him at the last Window.
Dessers is not our answer. Too slow in every attribute of the game.

Someone on Twitter has just sent me a message comparing him to Nicky Clark for fucks sake

Some people falling over themselves not to admit he is perfect for us.
With a year on his contract hopefully there's a deal to be done in the summer! The gaffer will have other targets but Shankland would get plenty game time and score a hell of alot of goals for us

It was said thousands of times in the transfer thread he would have guaranteed the league. Nothing since the window has closed has changed that.

We have to hope Clement can somehow make something out of the current options we have but it doesn't change the fact it was a big gamble by the board not investing for such an obvious signing.
He will still have a say in where the league goes. He has another game against them after the split and Hearts have got their number this season.

Back