The Juniors - 23/24 Season

Burgh never tried to get Miller, that’s just a Twitter rumour that gathered legs. Ferguson never applied, Bob never got interviewed.

Not sure how any of that would make Dorrans a rat.

I stand by what I said, and my info was not from Twitter. I never said Ferguson and Malcolm were interviewed or applied, but there was some informal chatter.

As for Dorrans, he played a part in the manager getting the sack, with a view to getting more involved himself. Pretty ratty to me.

I stand by what I said, and my info was not from Twitter. I never said Ferguson and Malcolm were interviewed or applied, but there was some informal chatter.

As for Dorrans, he played a part in the manager getting the sack, with a view to getting more involved himself. Pretty ratty to me.

Burgh never spoke to Miller or Ferguson for them to knock it back (formally or informally)

IMO these rumours seems like trouble making to paint Dorrans in a bad light.

Last edited:
Shame the way they treated the management after how far they had come. They knew they still had a good chance of going up, and in the semis of the Junior Cup too. A couple of wee blips over the course of a few weeks was all it was too.

Dorrans was abroad a while back trying to get something for next season, but nothing came up. When he came back, he kinda took over the dressing room and was whispering in the ear of the owner. They then tried to get Kenny Miller in as manager but he knocked it back. Barry Ferguson and Bob Malcolm were mentioned too. Basically, Dorrans wants to run the show and bring his pals in, and owner is going along with it.

Dorrans came out of it all looking like a bit of a rat, to be honest.

Their season was threatening to crash and burn under McKim.

I watched them a few weeks before he was sacked and the team looked like a bunch of lads who had never met each other.

The change in management was needed and turned out alright for them

Burgh never spoke to Miller or Ferguson for them to knock it back (formally or informally)

IMO these rumours seems like trouble making to paint Dorrans in a bad light.

We will need to agree to disagree then. Or perhaps my sources in the dressing room and on the committee are mistaken.

Their season was threatening to crash and burn under McKim.

I watched them a few weeks before he was sacked and the team looked like a bunch of lads who had never met each other.

The change in management was needed and turned out alright for them

They got a wee bit distracted from reaching the semis of the Cup, and a couple of players were not overly happy, as will be the case at any club, but they also had a few injuries and were still in with a chance of promotion due to having loads of games in hand. I just don’t think it’s fair to sack a relatively successful long-time manager during the run-in, at any level, when the goals set for the season are still realistically achievable. He done a good job, as has been proven by some of the teams sniffing around since he left. Still, the owner will feel vindicated now.

We will need to agree to disagree then. Or perhaps my sources in the dressing room and on the committee are mistaken.

They got a wee bit distracted from reaching the semis of the Cup, and a couple of players were not overly happy, as will be the case at any club, but they also had a few injuries and were still in with a chance of promotion due to having loads of games in hand. I just don’t think it’s fair to sack a relatively successful long-time manager during the run-in, at any level, when the goals set for the season are still realistically achievable. He done a good job, as has been proven by some of the teams sniffing around since he left. Still, the owner will feel vindicated now.
All of this is nonsense. You have no sources.

Manager was let go due to poor recruitment and the fact they hadn’t won a game in 90 mins in 8 games. Everyone is grateful to Jamie but maybe the pressure got to him as he is a great manager. Ultimately if people are putting thousands into a team they’re entitled to decide if they trust someone to spend that money, if they don’t they’ve got to go.

In regards to Barry & Miller - complete and utter lies.

Ultimately Murdo came in and it’s worked.

Dorrans has been nothing but class around the club, with the supporters and players.

All of this is nonsense. You have no sources.

Manager was let go due to poor recruitment and the fact they hadn’t won a game in 90 mins in 8 games. Everyone is grateful to Jamie but maybe the pressure got to him as he is a great manager. Ultimately if people are putting thousands into a team they’re entitled to decide if they trust someone to spend that money, if they don’t they’ve got to go.

In regards to Barry & Miller - complete and utter lies.

Ultimately Murdo came in and it’s worked.

Dorrans has been nothing but class around the club, with the supporters and players.

That you Jack? Didn’t know you were a Rangers fan.

“You have no sources.” That is 100% wrong.

Good luck for next season. Let’s see how everything pans out for all concerned parties.

That you Jack? Didn’t know you were a Rangers fan.

“You have no sources.” That is 100% wrong.

Good luck for next season. Let’s see how everything pans out for all concerned parties.
If you knew anyone you’d know that both Miller and Ferguson were not considered nor contacted for the job. The fact you stated that proves you know nothing.

If you knew people on the committee like you claim you’d know that several were interviewed and only those interviewed were considered. Not this BF & KM nonsense, probably the same people that were spouting we were in for McGregor.

If you’re a Burgh fan then support the team and stop moaning about the players etc. Dorrans is a class act.

If you don’t support Burgh then stop commenting on something you clearly don’t have very good information on.

Johnstone Burgh promoted with a 4-2 win at Maybole.

Be interesting to see the kind of calibre of player they sign for next season. Spoke to someone up there a few weeks back saying the money men were looking at putting in even more next season.

They were meant to be signing Adam Forde from Pollok but saw the other week he signed a new deal
Heard they were after another striker playing the juniors, also got told that striker has interest from an SPL team and a couple of other teams in the pyramid.

Massive night for Cambuslang Rangers, nothing less than a win against Peasy will be enough and even then, results elsewhere would have to be favourable. Looks like a cracking night for it, get yourself down to Somervell, 7pm KO
Fell short unfortunately. Since I've started following them their demise has been pretty steady over 6 years. Sad to see such a great club at that level slide down the leagues.

Is it time for P McCall to take a step back/ upstairs and start a new era under someone new?

If you knew anyone you’d know that both Miller and Ferguson were not considered nor contacted for the job. The fact you stated that proves you know nothing.

If you knew people on the committee like you claim you’d know that several were interviewed and only those interviewed were considered. Not this BF & KM nonsense, probably the same people that were spouting we were in for McGregor.

If you’re a Burgh fan then support the team and stop moaning about the players etc. Dorrans is a class act.

If you don’t support Burgh then stop commenting on something you clearly don’t have very good information on.

Look, I wanted Burgh to do well. And for your info, the name of KM in particular being floated (but a non-starter before any interviews occurred) came from two different people inside the club. If you want to call it bollocks then fair enough. I would too, in the current circumstances. Maybe some people not on the same wavelength, is perhaps the kindest way to frame it.

To be clear, I am not moaning about “the players” at all, but I disagree on you regarding the behaviour of a certain player. And if some folk think sacking a manager during a run-in is fair, at whatever the level of the game, then so be it. Personally I don’t think it is a classy thing to do, albeit I am coming at it from a different angle rather than a business one. But there you go, the decision was perhaps vindicated in the end, although we will never know how it would have panned out had the change not been made.

I could go into further detail to prove exactly what I knew, but rather than divulge some info (a very minor one safe to share being which ex-Celtic striker knocked back Burgh and a very decent wedge to boot), and throw certain people under the bus as a result, it’s best to leave it there.

Nice of you to come on the forum though, although the username kinda gave it away. Good luck for next season, the boys deserved it. Just a shame getting to the final this year proved a step too far.

Glenafton's win v Cumnock tonight relegates Arthurlie. Getting back up may be a long road.
So, Beith tomorrow, then >2wks to The Scottish at 16.05 in Cumbernauld on a Sunday. Doncaster-esque planning.

Went to Dalry v Ardeer tonight. Ended 6-3 to Ardeer with some cracking goals and some Absolutely comical ones as well. Ardeer must have the biggest ned to normal fan ratio of any side going. They seem to take pride in acting like complete fannies.

Cambuslang 3-3 Petershill

Thats back to back relegations for Cambuslang...
Was there as well. Decent game if you're a neutral.

It's quite conceivable that over time (say 10-15 year period) Cambuslang could quite easily over time gradually fade away into division four.

I'm genuinely surprised Somervell Park hasn't had a visit from the council regarding its condition.

Fell short unfortunately. Since I've started following them their demise has been pretty steady over 6 years. Sad to see such a great club at that level slide down the leagues.

Is it time for P McCall to take a step back/ upstairs and start a new era under someone new?

Cambuslang used to have a good committee who have all drifted away while McColl has been there, and his presence seems to be putting off anyone new from getting involved. They've been fined multiple times this season for breaching league rules, a lot of it for fairly basic admin stuff afaik.

Peasy were down to the bare bones with a couple of trialists making up the numbers. One of them opened the scoring after 15 seconds, and a free kick made it 2-0. We had a couple more chances before Cambuslang got one back through a freak goal, a clearance hitting a striker a flying into the bottom corner. Camby then levelled it up 18 seconds after the restart with a nice goal, Peasy then went down to 10 thru a straight red, then managed to take the lead against the run of play. Lyon rounded off his hat trick to tie it up at 3-3 but the draw did neither team any favours as technically Peasy could still have had a very slim chance of going up if they had won last night.

Last edited:

It wasn't coincidence imo that Murdie left Cumnock within a couple of hours of Burgh parting company with Jamie McKim.

As for Kenny Miller, I know someone who was told by Kenny directly that he didn't want the Burgh job and that he hadn't been approached.

Back