Your team for the final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling, Balogun, Yilmaz and Sima will only be fit for anything ranging between 30 and 60 minutes each. Couple might start but not all four and none will play 90, nvm potentially 120 minutes. No way on earth Tav doesn't start either, no matter how poor he's been recently.

Why do people do this?

Do you seriously think for a minute he is going to drop the captain, penalty & set piece taker for someone who although is playing very well, has featured at RB for less than 15 mins all season?

Come on man. Get real
He's also one of biggest defensive liabilities in the team and bang out of form.

Butland Tav Balogun Davies Ridvan
Sterling Diomande Cantwell
Sima Dessers McCausland.

I'm not confident at all, only reason Tav starts is because there are few if any alternatives. I'd play Souttar if fit in place of Davies, come to think of it

Butland
Sterling balogun Davies yilmaz
Lundstram diomande raskin
McCausland Dessers Silva

That would be my team, tav has been woeful recently. We need to pack the midfield. Sima won’t be ready to play more than half an hour most likely. Not expecting to win really.

Butland

Tav
Balogun (if not fit Sterling)
Davies
Ridvan

Sterling (if Balogun ain’t fit McKinnon)
Diomande

McAusland
Cantwell
Sima

Dessers.

Butland
Tavernier Balogun Davies Ridvan
Lundstram Dio
Sima Cantwell Silva
Dessers
I suspect this is what we’ll go with.
The strong concern with this formation is we’ll get overrun in midfield again.
I’d sooner we dropped the 4-2-3-1 for games against them.
Go to a more 4-3-2-1 shape but I can’t see it.
It’ll be interesting to see if Cantwell gets picked this time. Would be interesting to know the logic of dropping him at Parkhead.
My front 6 would be
Lundstram Sterling Diomande
……Sima………….Cantwell
………….Dessers

Butland
Tav Balogun Souttar Ridvan
Raskin
Sterling Dio
Cantwell Dessers Sima

Mixing up width from Cantwell and Sima to width with Tav and Ridvan and the rest of the team more narrow. Defensive box of the two CBs and Raskin and Sterling when being pressed to avoid the edge of the box shots. Counter attacking football when it breaks loose.

I have the fear that we end up starting with lundstram at the back beside Davies.

Would still be better than king I suppose

Butland

Tavernier Souttar Balogun Ridvan

Sterling Raskin Diomande

McAusland Cantwell

Dessers

I doubt we'll have both souttar and balogun fit. If neither are fit then I think it's fairly certain that Sterling will go to centre half.

I think it's crucial we go to a flat 3 in the midfield. The number 10 just isn't working for us in these games.

I will be very disappointed and concerned if we continue to go with a 4-3-3 against them.

I am assuming Souttar has no chance of making it and praying Balogun does. I would go 4-4-1-1. Sima playing off Dessers.

Butland

Tav Balogun Davies Ridvan

Sterling Raskin Diomande Cantwell

Sima

Dessers

Depends who is fit, however

Butland
Tav
Balogun
Davies
Ridvan

Lundstram
Diomande
Cantwell

Sterling
Dessers
Silva

Seems the most likely line up
Wouldn't be my team but very likely this will be our starting 11

Would be surprised if Lundstram isn't in the team which is a mistake I'd play Raskin

Wouldn't be my team but very likely this will be our starting 11

Would be surprised if Lundstram isn't in the team which is a mistake I'd play Raskin
I just wouldn’t play anyone who doesn’t want to be there..Phil’s done it continuously now..it’s time for a change. Big John plays that many side/back passes he slows play down far too often for me

Scott Wright plus 10 others. It is at hampden after all.

In all seriousness, hard to imagine anything radical happening in terms of team selection depending who's fit of course.

Butland

Tavernier Balogun Davies Ridvan

Sterling Raskin Diomande

Cantwell

McCausland Silva
There's no chance this is the team but I'd like to use pace up front. No idea how long Sima can last. I'm sick of Dessers - his misses yesterday just sum him up. I know he scored in the last game against him but he's not good enough.

Butland
Tav Sterling Davies Ridvan
Diomande Raskin
McCausland Cantwell Silva
Dessers

Would be massively tempted by Sima if we can get even 45 out of him. Just play him until he's burst. Not sure how fit he is though.

Lundstram cannot start.

Why do people do this?

Do you seriously think for a minute he is going to drop the captain, penalty & set piece taker for someone who although is playing very well, has featured at RB for less than 15 mins all season?

Come on man. Get real
I get your point but interestingly Tavernier wasn’t on set pieces yesterday or at least not all of them. Is that a sign of things to come?

Butland
Tav Sterling Davies Ridvan
Diomande Raskin
McCausland Cantwell Silva
Dessers

Would be massively tempted by Sima if we can get even 45 out of him. Just play him until he's burst. Not sure how fit he is though.

Lundstram cannot start.
Going by yesterday he'd be burst after 20 minutes. A cup final against them won't start at snails pace.

Their team selects itself - our team is basically who is fit enough to last the longest, and its been like that for almost every important game we've had in the last few years.

We are cursed!

Why do people do this?

Come on man. Get real
Because the post was about what would our teams be, not what do you think the managers team will be.

Those quoting Tav being dropped for Sterling I would say have a very good handle on what is needed for this game.
Those selecting Tav to face DM again baffles me.

Edited in case offence was cause. Was not my intention.

Last edited:
Whoever is in needs to realise that celtic up their game when they play us.

No point in watching them play St Mirren or Dundee as they just labour in those games.

There’s not much point doing anything different than 4231 because that’s what Clement will play.

Butland
Tav Balogun Davies Yilmaz
Sterling Diomande
McCausland Cantwell Sima
Dessers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back