Here’s what the new Bernabeu will look like

Is if a completely new stadium in a new location? Or are they just refurbishing the current one .

I like the way it still looks the same inside with the seats

The way they can host multiple different sporting events at the same time is incredible it’s certainly all singing all dancing

It's the best ground I've been in just now, this takes it to a whole new level. FFP, %^*& it.

I live just round the corner.

It’s the same place but the footprint is bigger. They removed the shopping centre from the south east corner and the roof of the stadium.
Wow, must be good living there. what took you out there?

It’s one Stadium where sitting pitch side really takes your breath away. Went against Lyon nearly 15 years to the day and was amazed, cost 20 Euros.

Will have cost a fortune but will pay for itself with the extra revenue they can generate now.

Apparently it only adds another 4,000 to the capacity but they expect it to pay in other ways. Including tourism.

Chicheri believes the renovation will bring tourists to the stadium all year round, with many attractions planned. The stadium is supposed to have more restaurants, a shopping centre and a hotel, with some rooms having a view of the pitch.

I like the replaceable pitch concept, but a hotel room with a view of say the Ibrox pitch would be another attractive concept.

must be cheaper than rail seating for a safe standing area though - must be why we’re holding back….

(terrible attempt at trolling…)

Could just imagine the board members looking at each other having just come up for air from the biggest mound of coke in history all looking at the chairman who himself just finished his massive railway line and saying '' Big fucking spaceship ''.

Looks amazing, also amazing what you can get away with when the Governor and King of Spain are Madrid fans.

Visited it a few years ago before they started work on it, incredible stadium I'm honestly not sure it looks so good on the eye from outside in that video though.

It’ll be attractive to the council because you’ve got a fucking massive event space that can hold everything with transport links and capacity baked in, and Real will get money for every away weekend and summer they’re not at home giving them double bubble.

Imagine in a file somewhere there’s an assessment of Ibrox’s suitability for NFL games and we’d be mad not to look at it.
Being a bit of a engineer, all that metal and Spanish temperatures, expansion and contraction ?
Isnt the vast majority of the machinery buried, where that would make less of an impact on it?

Is if a completely new stadium in a new location? Or are they just refurbishing the current one .

I like the way it still looks the same inside with the seats
It's a refurb of the Bernabaeu. They were playing at their training ground theu Covid

Looks great in a video. Wait until they have to cancel games due to a mechanical problem of not being able to put the pitch back together.

What's the capacity?

Verey very impressive and futuristic , could one of the PC minded put a photo of the piggery next to it to cheer me up as I could do with a good laugh .

How is the pitch gonna play, isn't there a risk of it cutting up at the joins as the grass itself won't be stitched together and rooted like normal grass. Some set-up though.

Spurs have been fine so far no?
Didn't realise Spurs do the same. I suppose it's all down to maintenance so that it's still working 20 years down the road. They must think the income from other events outweighs the projected build and maintenance costs of being able to remove the pitch. Going by the club debt they aren't great at their sums.

Didn't realise Spurs do the same. I suppose it's all down to maintenance so that it's still working 20 years down the road. They must think the income from other events outweighs the projected build and maintenance costs of being able to remove the pitch. Going by the club debt they aren't great at their sums.
Reduced cost of grounds keeping and required irrigation probably plays a part

Back