Gerrard praising Aribo after Braga. Haliday story

Thomas Bryce

Official Ticketer
As title says I can remember Andy Halliday saying on open goal that after the Braga home game, the gaffer called Aribo to the floor to praise him. Long shot but can anybody find the clip or even episode Andy mentiones this.

Haven’t heard it from Halliday but from elsewhere after we came back to beat Braga he stood Aribo up in the changing room and said “everybody look at this man, he’s fantastic, I’d take this guy absolutely anywhere”. Apparently Gerrard not massive on individual praise like that so was a massive gesture.

Haven’t heard it from Halliday but from elsewhere after we came back to beat Braga he stood Aribo up in the changing room and said “everybody look at this man, he’s fantastic, I’d take this guy absolutely anywhere”. Apparently Gerrard not massive on individual praise like that so was a massive gesture.
Came from the Halliday piece, I'll have a look tomorrow, rewind 4 times whilst grinning stuff.

As well as the spectacular goal, was he not filling in (very well) at left back as well? Can imagine that being appreciated by Gerrard

Met Aribo at Glasgow airport tonight, was kind enough to have a photo. Seemed a nice guy

One of the best posts I saw on here was of the wee guy with his Aribo hair. I'm sure he got a video call from him as well.
Joe has so a natural touch, sometimes it looks ungainly cause he's left footed mainly but if you look at him, Hagi and Kent. Then we have a good young team for the future.

He has great ability! He was excellent against Brondby at Ibrox, possibly his best performance for Rangers.

I think he said something like, good players can play 1-2 positions, great players can play anywhere.

Gerrard loves Aribo.

When he’s firing, he’s class.

He’s been the POTY so far.
Funnily enough, probably having his best start to the season.Since he arrived.
Looks more of a powerhouse now than ever, and now has the brawn to go along with the brains, to go on to be a very special football player.
Sadly destined for better things than we can offer him.

Love Joe Aribo, think hes been outstanding this season, sometimes I wish he would use his right peg a bit more.

You can see Gerrard is a natural leader and knows how to get the best responses from people. Whether that be individual recognition, or a boot up the arse without throwing individuals under the bus in public.

Even the video of the 55 celebrations inside Ibrox. The tunes were pumping, everybody is bouncing about and wee Hagi is sitting in a corner looking out of his comfort zone. Gerrard went over to check on him, quick fist bump and back to the action.

Think you could be right. I think Gerrard deliberately tries to build Aribo up because he his quite a quiet character. He has been trying to get Aribo to get stuck in physically as well.
And it is working. The amount of times he has bodied players away from the ball legitimately has been significant over the last few weeks. He is using his physical strength a lot more this season.

You can see Gerrard is a natural leader and knows how to get the best responses from people. Whether that be individual recognition, or a boot up the arse without throwing individuals under the bus in public.

Even the video of the 55 celebrations inside Ibrox. The tunes were pumping, everybody is bouncing about and wee Hagi is sitting in a corner looking out of his comfort zone. Gerrard went over to check on him, quick fist bump and back to the action.
Gerrard comes across as being a very good man manager. Who wouldn’t want to play for Steven Gerrard anyway? The guys a born winner and leader.

Him and Kent are musts for new long term deals however reading between the lines it seems as if Aribo will be sold soon

Before this season, he was a 'luxury' type player in midfield, only there to supply skill and attacking prowess.

This season, he has been more of a complete midfielder. Covering runs, tackling, keeping possession, he has it all. And still has the skill to open up defences.

Him and Kent are musts for new long term deals however reading between the lines it seems as if Aribo will be sold soon
I don’t necessarily disagree, as I think he’ll leave in the summer due to a couple of factors but what makes you think that, mate?.

Him and Kent’s ability to beat a man is massive for us, opens the whole game up
100% this.
I feel Aribo has really rolled his sleeves up the past few months. But when you’ve got 2 clever, talented football players playing together, it makes all the difference.
Aribo’s class shows more, with Kent on the pitch.

My 2 pennies worth on Aribo.
As a forward I prefer him on the right, in midfield I prefer him on the left of the 3.

I have been hyper critical of him after the Brondby game because I felt he wasn't putting in the effort that we needed in closing down. But his quality can never be in doubt.

If he can develop a bit more running power he could go on to any level he wants, its probably his main weakness in my eyes. A bit more Yaya Toure like power on the run and he would be unstoppable

Gerrard comes across as being a very good man manager. Who wouldn’t want to play for Steven Gerrard anyway? The guys a born winner and leader.
I don't get star struck. I met Sir Sean Connery at Ibrox and tbh other than thinking that was pretty cool I was very blasé about it. I got a bit starry eyed with Barry just because he was my idol, Richard Gough as well. But everyone else I've met I've been ok. However, I think I'd be a wreck if I met Stevie, he's on another stratosphere for me. As a player and captain he was all you'd ever want representing your club. As a manager I can only imagine how good it must be to play for him, someone who when he tells you something you know its coming from a guy who's done it all (nearly)

I don’t necessarily disagree, as I think he’ll leave in the summer due to a couple of factors but what makes you think that, mate?.
Gerrard said in one of his post match interviews that we'd be lucky to keep a hold of him and his international coach said he was late to international duty one time as he was negotiating a transfer I'd imagine that team will still hold an interest

Gerrard said in one of his post match interviews that we'd be lucky to keep a hold of him and his international coach said he was late to international duty one time as he was negotiating a transfer I'd imagine that team will still hold an interest
Fair enough.

When the Nigeria gaffer said him and the two other players were held up with transfer issues, I presumed he meant connecting flights or whatever :))

I suspect he will be the first one we get a big bid on and in January. Read Crystal Palace rate him and is that not the area he comes from. Hope we don't lose him.

I think he's our player of the year so far.

Played every league game so far, the only player to do so? And he's been consistent and he plays any position the manager asks him to.

If he avoids injury then he'll definitely go on to have his best year with us so far.
I like Aribo - I can live with inconsistency when you are getting effort from a player, and Aribo has quietly turned into a guy who is there to be counted on.

He does need to be far more clinical before he will be considered as a target for a top half EPL side.

His 1st half against Hearts at Ibrox was unreal, we need to cash in on him unfortunately and should be looking for 20mil plus.

It was flight transfers travelling from Glasgow to Lagos via Heathrow. He missed his flight to Heathrow.

Honest to fuck.

Back