Tav Tweet

tenor.gif

I don’t think it’ll bother Tav much from a footballing perspective, he won’t be sitting crying into his tea. He’s been through Warburton, Murty, Caixihna, Murty… He is a far more established player now, relying on him to rally the troops, and relying on McGregor, Davis, Arfield, Jack, to get the boys ready for next Sunday and what comes next.

It's been wonderful watching the development of Tavernier as a player, from the time he arrived; something that started from the very day he arrived. Rangers has brought the best of him, giving permanence etc. Just a great player, and a great captain; someone you sense really appreciates and respects every facet of the club. Hopefully he lifts more trophies in the seasons to come.

Last edited:
Nice words.

Was thinking earlier - has Tav played for Rangers under more managers than anyone else?

Warburton
Pedro
Gerrard
Whoever comes next

That will be 4 managers out of 17.

I think it’s fair to say Gerrard and co are leaving with the respect of both the board and the players.

Fantastic to see.

What a great journey.

For me this is when Tav steps up big time, get the boys together as captain and reminds them 56 is still on, boot baws if need be. Big personalities needed now and don't let this ruin our season. Classy words though from Tav, but as others have said that boys been through worse Pedro ffs

Looks like the Rangers dressing room is in good hands for the next few days with Tavernier. Always visibly disappointed when his team drop points and I’m sure the uncertainty over what’s to come will have some players disappointed, shocked, maybe angry, but a lot of emotions for sure. He seems like the type to rally those around him.

No doubt all this praise for Tav being 'Mr Rangers' will be wiped out when he demands to be put on the transfer list in January B-D

Great words, and good effort typing it out in between rounds of COD too

That’s what we needed to hear though. Thanks captain

Back