Potential GVB Management Team

Anyone aware on the immigration rules for EU workers entering the UK following Brexit.

I know everything is easy for 6 months and vice versa, but for long term employment could this lead to an initial delay, as we have seen previously with non EU players?

On what basis? I love McCann but he was a terrible manager at Dundee.

Would much prefer someone very tactically aware (as Beale was)
I do take your point, but he seemed to do ok in the caretaker role at Inverness, so perhaps he's learned from his Dundee experience?

Any time I've seen or heard him analyse games he seems pretty tactically astute to me.

And...after playing for us he's clearly a fan, and a strong character as well - if the new manager is looking for an assistant with local knowledge I think he would be a decent fit.

If he's only known about this opportunity since the weekend has he had time to get a team together having been out of the coaching game for a year or two?

Will he be happy to work with a Neil McCann or a Kevin Thomson
To be fair I wouldnt take the timelapse after his China trip as anything significant. His family never travelled and he left the job/country because he missed them and didnt want them to go there.

Ultimately hes probably not done much in the way of job hunting since then but he'll have excellent contacts and connections all across Football so wont have any problems quickly assembling his staff.

There is no way Rangers are appointing the likes of a Kenny Miller or Barry Ferguson even as an Assistant.

Manager, not assistant manager.

Beale wasn't assistant manager.

Yes I'm aware.....I'd ask again on what basis other than being an ex player should McCann get the role?

I'm also of the same view with Thomson.

I'd rather have guys in the backroom team with good levels of experience of coaching / fulfilling that role rather than just being picked because connection with the club alone

Love Kevin Thompson involved.Spent some time with him at County Down bash.
Highly motivate individual with finger on pulse what’s going on at Ibrox.
One or two behind the scenes maybe get their chance.

Reactions: 8-1
I know this a probably a load of bull (don't shoot the messenger) but i heard Arthur Numan was spotted at Glasgow airport last night.

Normally I hate rumourmongers, but ..........
I think he has a flat at Glasgow Harbour if not he defo did!

If we were looking at a locally based coach to add to the team I'd suggest Kenny Miller.
Was a teammate of GVB and a few of the current team and has some experience in coaching now. Have liked what I have heard from him with regards to how the game should be played.

No, no and thrice no. I have no axe to grind with Kenny, but his name was just linked to too much unrest towards the end of his time here. The finer details, I can't even remember. However he's contributed plenty and that should be that.

If we were looking at a locally based coach to add to the team I'd suggest Kenny Miller.
Was a teammate of GVB and a few of the current team and has some experience in coaching now. Have liked what I have heard from him with regards to how the game should be played.
Hahahahahahaha

I'm really not arsed about a Scottish coach be it McCann, Thomson or whoever. I really don't see the benefit in this case (presuming it's Gio).

If he is the man, I hope he keeps Defoe in the coaching team.

I think he's got a lot to offer in the role.
Can you elaborate-not challenging as such just genuinely interested in understanding what makes you think that?

I know this a probably a load of bull (don't shoot the messenger) but i heard Arthur Numan was spotted at Glasgow airport last night.

Joe Biden was there the other day so I reckon he is being lined up as the new kit man.

If Australia is local to glasgow it’s news to me mate

Would definitely like one of the background team to be someone that knows the Scottish game inside out.

McCann would be ideal and would be a great influence in the dressing room. He will also know Gio so makes sense

Most likely be those he's worked with before at Feyenoord and in China with possibly one "local" with current knowledge of the Scottish game

No thanks.
Micheal Mols before kennys Moles

I saw Albertz at Gleddoch last week. He looked like he enjoyed his stay

Absolutely no chance of that happening after all the shit he caused behind the scenes.

Back