Castore / Gerrard

I said it on another thread, Gerrard joining them isn’t just out of the blue. IMO purslow tapped him up months ago. Apparently he’s hardly been at the training ground most of this season.
Everything has been timed to coincide with the international break. Smith sacking, the lot.
I remember hearing Simon Jordan say a while ago about another sacking/appointment that these things are going on in the background for weeks sometimes months.
It definitely looks like it

I said it on another thread, Gerrard joining them isn’t just out of the blue. IMO purslow tapped him up months ago. Apparently he’s hardly been at the training ground most of this season.
Everything has been timed to coincide with the international break. Smith sacking, the lot.
I remember hearing Simon Jordan say a while ago about another sacking/appointment that these things are going on in the background for weeks sometimes months.
Reading between the lines, it looks that way. My question is, did the players know? It would go a long way to explaining why so many are off form.

Castore stuff isn't that bad I havnt had any problems I get some have but its similar with addidas and nike though happens less often.

Castore when they became our partners said they were going to be growing their brand particularly in the UK more clubs isn't a surprise

They know how to market and production lines will improve over time and we will be able to tender to addidas, Nike Castore etc

Then growing their brand is a good thing for us and being successful longer term as we can then use their kit deals with others as starting point shadowy our sales I suspect we will have a Castore for quite a while even after this deal

Based on the way Gerrard completely deceived us, wouldn’t be shocked if he has some sort of profit share in this mob.

Looking forward to seeing the back of them in a few years time.

Reading between the lines, it looks that way. My question is, did the players know? It would go a long way to explaining why so many are off form.
No chance. No way they knew, what’s probably thrown them off was he was spending less time at the training ground. Less hands on. This could be a blessing for us.
I’m actually thinking was smith going sooner but they held of because Sir Walter passed away??
Even the villa fans were shocked that he was sacked.
With purslow being there it wouldn’t surprise me if Gerrard has been their Radar since day 1. Ironically dean smith tried to bring him to villa a few years ago as his under 18s coach but he went to Liverpool.
It’s actually quite sickening thinking this has been going on behind the scenes for agars.

No chance. No way they knew, what’s probably thrown them off was he was spending less time at the training ground. Less hands on. This could be a blessing for us.
I’m actually thinking was smith going sooner but they held of because Sir Walter passed away??
Even the villa fans were shocked that he was sacked.
With purslow being there it wouldn’t surprise me if Gerrard has been their Radar since day 1. Ironically dean smith tried to bring him to villa a few years ago as his under 18s coach but he went to Liverpool.
It’s actually quite sickening thinking this has been going on behind the scenes for agars.
I get the impression that, if the players didn't know, they knew something was different. Hopefully the new manager comes in and has these players playing to the standards we know they can play at.

I get the impression that, if the players didn't know, they knew something was different. Hopefully the new manager comes in and has these players playing to the standards we know they can play at.
Yeah, a lot makes sense now, especially our form all season. I suggest he was given the heads up in the summer, privately, from purslow, and negotiations had been already concluded long before official approach was made. He would have had something in his contract stating if an EPL came in he would be granted permission to talk to them.

Yeah, a lot makes sense now, especially our form all season. I suggest he was given the heads up in the summer, privately, from purslow, and negotiations had been already concluded long before official approach was made. He would have had something in his contract stating if an EPL came in he would be granted permission to talk to them.
You are probably close to the truth there.

I take this situation as a positive step for us. We have stagnated this season, no matter what the issues were. A new manager should see us at least re-energised and up for it in games.

Sorry mate that is tinfoil hat material.
You saying Villa knew in the summer they were going to sack there manager in November?
But of a pisser if they went on a good run.

Why not just see it for what it is Villa we’re shite sacked there manager and Gerrard was top of there list.
Happens all the time in football.

You saying Villa knew in the summer they were going to sack there manager in November?

Why not just see it for what it is Villa we’re shite sacked there manager and Gerrard was top of there list.
No I’m not saying that, I’m saying purslow, a personal friend of gerrards told him that if there’s an opening at villa he’ll be first choice.
Smiths coat has been on a shoogly peg all season and they chose the right time to get rid of him. And I’m suggesting WEEKS ago negotiations had been going on behind the scenes to relive Gerrard of his duties with us and appoint him at villa.
As I said earlier Simon Jordan said a few months ago about a very similar situation with another club that these appointments never “just happen” in a day or 2. Negotiations are ongoing in the background for weeks sometimes months with a new manager, he would know the scenario.
This didn’t happen over 2 days.

There’s no place for this sort of common sense on FollowFollow mate. I’m genuinely incredulous at some of the ‘theories’ posted on here.

You are probably close to the truth there.

I take this situation as a positive step for us. We have stagnated this season, no matter what the issues were. A new manager should see us at least re-energised and up for it in games.
If you think back, over the past few weeks he had the bounce back in his step. I’m convinced he knew this was coming.

I think it is more likely that Gerrard knew this was going be his last season at us especialy the way he treated to going out the CL and how he couldn't raise the players or did have motivation

Villa prob knew Dean Smith would be his last as well

Is not or the realms that chat has been going on maybe was meant for the summer coming that he would go villa poor form had maybe just speeded up the timelines

No I’m not saying that, I’m saying purslow, a personal friend of gerrards told him that if there’s an opening at villa he’ll be first choice.
Smiths coat has been on a shoogly peg all season and they chose the right time to get rid of him. And I’m suggesting WEEKS ago negotiations had been going on behind the scenes to relive Gerrard of his duties with us and appoint him at villa.
As I said earlier Simon Jordan said a few months ago about a very similar situation with another club that these appointments never “just happen” in a day or 2. Negotiations are ongoing in the background for weeks sometimes months with a new manager, he would know the scenario.
This didn’t happen over 2 days.
We will never know.

Back