Castore / Gerrard

More I think about it rangers was not only a stepping stone for Gerrard as a manager but it seems as a business man! Did he ever really give a shit??

Hope they get their act together- just been sent a polo shirt that has 2 Rangers crests on it.one extra Rangers crest in place of castore logo

The polo shirt should have had the castore logo on right side with Rangers crest on the left side

How the %^*& can that happen lol? B-D

The amount of growth castore have had a result of us is incredible.

Shame it is such a long deal with them because our next deal will be with a better company and for a lot more money
I was thinking the same myself tbh.

The sheer volume we as a support have spent must be on of the largest in the UK. The top English sides will have us beat worldwide but from purely UK sales we must be one of the largest, if not the largest in UK sales.

Castore would probably still be testing the waters, if they hadn't made a deal with us.

I suspect whoever our next kit deal is with will be for a lot more money than our current deal is worth.

Where do Newcastle United and Wolverhampton Wanderers sit in your 'coincidence'?;):)

I'd guess the Castore deal with Villa hasn't just happened in the last few weeks, it will have been under discussion for months.

Yeah you are right these deals just don’t happen overnight but it’s a funny coincidence though.:))

Way better than last deal but £4m a year is shit when we're selling hundreds of thousands of bits of kit b
Yep.

Selling that amount of stuff and getting around £4m is nothing to be getting excited about. In fact questions need asked in all honesty.

As we said, better than previous (which wouldn't be too difficult) but still not near what it could/should be. Disappointing.

I'm probably a lone voice but I think the deals that Bisgrove has done are all a bit meh.

I'm many ways he's gone for quantity over quality imo and i certainly think we have sold ourselves short on this Castore arrangement

Last edited:
More I think about it rangers was not only a stepping stone for Gerrard as a manager but it seems as a business man! Did he ever really give a shit??

Nope. As someone said in another thread, he's a ruthless guy, who will do whatever it takes to reach his end goals. All the stuff he's said over the years about how much the club now means to him, is/was bollocks.

Reactions: BWO
Apart from the prices and the dreadful quality control, the Castore Rangers gear mostly looks quite good.

Their logo is utterly honkin though

Not for months maybe, but I don’t buy the 3 > 4 decision process. He’s mates with Purslow their Director, he’s been tapped up.
I always kind of felt come the end of this season Gerrard would've been moving on. It seemed like the natural stopping point. 4 years is a long time at one club now and a lot of the squad would probably be moving on or retiring at that point. So it seemed to me like it would be the end of the Gerrard era here.

Purslow would've probably known this and their was maybe an unofficial agreement about him coming in at the end of the season.

Villa's poor form and being just above the relegation places, despite spending a ridiculous sum of money. Has hastened something that may have been planned for the coming summer.

Outside of this season Smith has done a good job but I don't think he was the guy who'd turn Villa into the top 8 side they want to be. The same type of stuff happened with Adkins and Pearson at other EPL clubs.

Yeah, a lot makes sense now, especially our form all season. I suggest he was given the heads up in the summer, privately, from purslow, and negotiations had been already concluded long before official approach was made. He would have had something in his contract stating if an EPL came in he would be granted permission to talk to them.
Our form started dropping since December last year.

Although they have produced some shockers, I think the design of the Castore Rangers stuff has been mostly really good. The home and fourth shirts this year are my favourite Rangers shirts for a long time. The quality has been extremely variable but I think has improved. Still too much of a lottery though.

The Castore own brand stuff is very good in my experience.

Although they have produced some shockers, I think the design of the Castore Rangers stuff has been mostly really good. The home and fourth shirts this year are my favourite Rangers shirts for a long time. The quality has been extremely variable but I think has improved. Still too much of a lottery though.

The Castore own brand stuff is very good in my experience.
The 4th shirt looks like a dentists smock

Bet they sell a fraction of the gear that Rangers sell but get a hell of a lot more than £4 million.
We should have been a bit cute during negotiations, as we were the club who gave them their big break in football if any other club was added to their stable our £s received should at least match what they are offered, in Wolves/Newcastle/Villa they now have 15% of the teams in the "worlds best league" us propelling them that way should see suitable rewards.

Castore gear is bang average. The designs are smart enough, but the quality certainly doesn't match and the quality assurance is an absolute piss take. The fruit of the loom incident should have seen the contract ripped up!! Absolute embarrassment.

Castore gear is bang average. The designs are smart enough, but the quality certainly doesn't match and the quality assurance is an absolute piss take. The fruit of the loom incident should have seen the contract ripped up!! Absolute embarrassment.
Any hassle with the quality this season??

Wait... people *really* think that there is a conspiracy afoot here?

SG secretley invests in Castore and then moves around clubs, having their commercial departments negotiate kit-deals months in advance, ahead of his arrival?

This is proper tinfoil helmet/bendy water stuff.

Hopefully it's Nike or Adidas for us next. I don't even care if it's just a template kit.

Castore are a riot and folk can say what they like. I’ve bought most of the kits including extras btw. Hope to god we can get to one of them or even Umbro soon.

I don't know if it's just an age thing but I went into the Rangers shop in town and even the training tops are like £40, just seems wildly overpriced. Fair play to them though if folk buy it.

Back