Interim coaching staff announced

Could be read two ways - it'll take a little longer to get the new man in or it's just for clarity about who is taking training today/tomorrow

I got a bit worried there, thankfully there is no mention of interim in that tweet. Suggests an appointment isn't far off.

This simply confirms the mess Gerrard left us in

The club were well aware that when you employ a manager with a back room team, when he leaves that all walks out the door.

Just one of those things, the players are professionals and a lot of them will have been through this kind of thing many times before, I don’t see it being a ‘substitute teacher’ mentality and we will be ready for Sunday.

it is a mess. He has ripped the wiring out of the club
He's gone and we move on but your analogy sounds pretty apt. That was one of the main things that gave me confidence was the progress in the backroom operations. Clean slate now for the new guy but still an empty shell.

I know he will be only taking training for a couple of days but I really like McCallum.

He has had his youth teams playing some excellent football over the last couple of years and seems like a manager with decent potential. Seems intelligent and erudite too.

This will probably also be good for his development.

And I would have a lot more trust in him taking care of the team than Murty.

I hope the club have missed out interm for the reason that things will be tied up quickly rather than the fans will erupt like a volcano if this isn’t sorted out this week.

I know he will be only taking training for a couple of days but I really like McCallum.

He has had his youth teams playing some excellent football over the last couple of years and seems like a manager with decent potential. Seems intelligent and erudite too.

This will probably also be good for his development.

And I would have a lot more trust in him taking care of the team than Murty.
Yeh these guys know their stuff and will be absolutely fine looking after the team for now. They’ll be excited to get the chance too no doubt and bring some energy to things.

Does in a way but McCallum and Gilmour have been involved in plenty of sessions with the first team previously. Even going back to last international break the remaining first team players and B team squad trained together so they're well aware of what's done on a daily basis.
Not knocking theses guys just the total upheaval

He's gone and we move on but your analogy sounds pretty apt. That was one of the main things that gave me confidence was the progress in the backroom operations. Clean slate now for the new guy but still an empty shell.
that's my biggest concern until the the coaching team get bedded in. we are completely rudderless at the moment

It's the old 'Damned if they do, damned if they don't' situation for the Board/ PR team here.

Folk clamouring for info and worried about who'll be taking training pro temps and folk not happy because Gio and his team not announced and overthinking what is a bit of fairly straightforward info.

I don't feel anything needs read into this, just a piece of info to keep the fans updated.

I simply read that as "This is who is taking training until we get this over the line".

I still suspect that Gio will be in charge of training on Wednesday morning

Because he is a registered player it would be impossible for him to leave until the January transfer window.
if agreed he could move to another club as a player coach just means he couldn’t actually play for them until January

If GVB is new manager will he have to wait until work permits are issued. Could this cause delays

So according to SG, villa approached him Wednesday and him and his whole backroom team were signed and sealed by Thursday, what’s the hold up?
I have some magic beans here and i'll sell them to you for 15% cheaper than anyone else, I promise.

Interested?

Back