Diversion - A team with all players with the same surname

BucksBear

While waiting for a new manager to be announced, I was thinking if you had to pick a team of players past and present all having the same surname, which one would be it. It started because I was thinking about Rod Wallace and his brothers, then Lee and Jock in goals.

But just now I am thinking Henderson would be a good bet. Dean, Jordan, Willie, even the two potato faced boys that came through Celtic.

While waiting for a new manager to be announced, I was thinking if you had to pick a team of players past and present all having the same surname, which one would be it. It started because I was thinking about Rod Wallace and his brothers, then Lee and Jock in goals.

But just now I am thinking Henderson would be a good bet. Dean, Jordan, Willie, even the two potato faced boys that came through Celtic.

Ferguson had to be in with a shout. Then you could go smith or Wilson too.

If global try Jesus. Loads of these foreigners have Jesus somewhere in their name. Must be much better foreign ones…

Yeah, I was thinking Ferguson. We've had quite a few plus there was a keeper called Bobby Ferguson.

Ferguson had to be in with a shout. Then you could go smith or Wilson too.

If global try Jesus. Loads of these foreigners have Jesus somewhere in their name. Must be much better foreign ones…
if you could find 8 other guys called Maldini :)

Allan Ferguson (ex Accies goalie)
Brown Ferguson (Ex Alloa/Accies/Stenny)
Barry Ferguson
Iain Ferguson (striker, Dundee, Rangers Motherwell)
Ian Ferguson
Derek Ferguson
Lewis Ferguson
Darren Ferguson (Alexs boy)
Alex Ferguson
Martin Ferguson (Alex brother defence)
Steve Ferguson (ex Ross County left mid)
Duncan Ferguson
Shane Ferguson ()

You can’t go wrong with Smith.

As an aside, there is zero chance of getting a team with my surname.

Just over 400 of us worldwide and outside of a Scottish premier league goalkeeper, only yours truly and my son has ever played organised football as far as I know.

We’d still pump the Rattlers though.(There are 3 in England)

I remember someone did some study of our players's surnames and Ferguson was the most common name for Rangers players.

I remember someone did some study of our players's surnames and Ferguson was the most common name for Rangers players.
There’s a heart and hand pod I listened to last night and apparently Smith is the most common. Like you, I thought it would be Ferguson for us.

You can’t go wrong with Smith.

As an aside, there is zero chance of getting a team with my surname.

Just over 400 of us worldwide and outside of a Scottish premier league goalkeeper, only yours truly and my son has ever played organised football as far as I know.

We’d still pump the Rattlers though.(There are 3 in England)
Must admit Malengus is a new one on me.

The team has too many attackers in it, but Rangers have had enough Smiths for an eleven.

Goalkeeper Graeme Smith
Defenders Nicol Smith, Dave Smith, Stevie Smith
Midfielders / Wingers Alex Smith, Gordon Smith, Billy Smith, Alec Smith
Forwards Jimmy Smith, another Jimmy Smith, Jack Smith

The team has too many attackers in it, but Rangers have had enough Smiths for an eleven.

Goalkeeper Graeme Smith
Defenders Nicol Smith, Dave Smith, Stevie Smith
Midfielders / Wingers Alex Smith, Gordon Smith, Billy Smith, Alec Smith
Forwards Jimmy Smith, another Jimmy Smith, Jack Smith
And managed by Sir Walter

Kieran Wright

Stephen Wright
Mark Wright
Josh Wright
Kevin Wright

Shaun Wright-Phillips
Scott Wright