• Sakala

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Patterson

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Defoe

Votes: 11 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
when will we learn to turn with the ball? tav and kamara were the biggest culprits for playing it back into trouble in the second half, they can all beat a man but hardly ever try to do it.

when will we learn to turn with the ball? tav and kamara were the biggest culprits for playing it back into trouble in the second half, they can all beat a man but hardly ever try to do it.
Confidence thing I think. Low in confidence and play the safer way (back). Hopefully see that change after a run of decent results

Pleased with that performance. Poor goal to lose but, that apart, we were comfortable and dominated most of the game. Much better tempo to start the game. Another good game from Bassey and Arfield well worth his place in that team. I hope Gio can coach Kamara not to be quite as negative as he was in the second half - it must actually be quite difficult to work it back the way he does rather than play a simple forward ball.

Martindale's been sampling some of his product I think. They created the better chances? What fucking chances?! The goal and 1 save from McGregor?

You’re probably right, not pathetic mind you.
What I’d ask though is what would be the benefit to Rangers though.
The game is won and the player would only be suspended against somebody else who might be our main opponents.
If it’s the tallying up of points you’re considering, we won’t play Livingston for another, could be ten games so, again, it’s unlikely that it’s us who’ll gain the advantage.
Just keeping to the rules of the game. I see your point but if the same challenge happened and we were drawing at the time I would absolutely feel we were hard done by but as we were in the ascendency it's less of an issue.

Good 3 points today. Could have done with more urgency and turning forward but I wonder if that was more a pitch thing....

Can I just say Livi timewasting in the first minute, at 2-1 down, a delay due to snowballs and the stadium announcer correcting himself to emphasise the "cinch" premiership are some of the most tinpot things I've ever seen at a professional game :D

Stats wise it is true.

Hagi has the third most assists this season, despite only playing just over a 1000 minutes (half of what Aribo has). Kent has 1 more than him this season to be fair.

Last season, only Tav had more and Kent equalled it but Kent played 1500 more minutes and Aribo who played 400 more minutes managed less than half.

He creates the most chances, the best chances and it’s generally why he’s regularly at the top of these charts.

Tav is our most creative outlet, then there’s a bawhair between either Hagi or Kent.
3rd most assists this season...sounds much better than what it actually is, he has 1 in the Europa League (Thursday) and 2 in the League Cup.

Aribo/Hagi/Kent, none of them contribute anywhere near enough & their numbers are poor, the difference is the other 2 get us up the park & take players on, if they're not assisting they offer much more to the team.

Ended up in a debate about Hagi...I think he can offer us much more and is a good player but right now he's not doing it and we'd be better off with pace on the wing instead of him.

Alfie played ok, if not at his best, nice lay off for Joe's goal. Worked hard.

3-1 at a very tricky venue, totally dominated the 2nd half, all after a EL match Thursday night.

Some fans are never happy :)
That last sentence? Sometimes guilty as charged. Just sometimes.

We were comfortable second half, however we needed that third goal to put the heebie jeebies to bed.

Stats wise it is true.

Hagi has the third most assists this season, despite only playing just over a 1000 minutes (half of what Aribo has). Kent has 1 more than him this season to be fair.

Last season, only Tav had more and Kent equalled it but Kent played 1500 more minutes and Aribo who played 400 more minutes managed less than half.

He creates the most chances, the best chances and it’s generally why he’s regularly at the top of these charts.

Tav is our most creative outlet, then there’s a bawhair between either Hagi or Kent.

It's not even that close to be honest. In their Rangers careers to date (before today), Goals + Assists per 90, in the league:

Hagi: 0.59
Kent: 0.51

And in Europe:

Hagi: 0.78
Kent: 0.34

3 brilliant points. I hate that pitch with a vengence. How we managed to play well on it belies belief. Livi played above their station and made a game of it. Still, what more could we ask for after seeing our 2 opening goals. Stunning. Both of them. The strange bounce of the ball on that pitch allowed Livi to pull one back. It could have been two if it were not for Mr McGregor right on half time. It was a wee bit nervy now and again 2nd half despite us controlling it. Sakala’s salmon leap made it 3 and I at least could drink my cup of tea in peace:))

Aribo & Arfield for motm, Joe probably shades it, a fit and hungry Arfield is an asset, pity he’s winding down these days.

A good 3 points, I think that pitch contributed to a lot of our sloppy play. Good thing was they did not get a sniff in the second half.

Really could have had a few more goals today but 3-1 is good enough.

Some atmosphere in the south stand behind the goal.

Alfie played ok, if not at his best, nice lay off for Joe's goal. Worked hard.

3-1 at a very tricky venue, totally dominated the 2nd half, all after a EL match Thursday night.

Some fans are never happy :)

Agree on Morelos, thought he worked very hard.

Misplaced some passes, yes, but got an assist for Joe.

Not at his best, but part of a vital & relatively solid victory at a tough venue.

Back