Hagi

Gazza no8

Official Ticketer
Why does he play wide right? He has no pace and I don’t think I’ve seen him cross a ball. Tbh he’s the one I would sell first if a decent bid came in for him.

Imo he needs to play as a 10 or nothing but I think he’s a player we could afford to lose. Arfield will contribute more in the 10 until the end of the season.

I’ve just never got the hype with the lad.

Almost at the stage anything could happen when he gets the ball, can pick a perfectly decent pass kill it stone dead in a second, or fall on his arse.

I wouldn't trust him as a 10 personally, totally get why his wide to just be on the edge of a game rather than having to dictate it and control it.

Airbo is the 10 we need before him just now

He’s being picked for every game, there’s obviously a reason but I just don’t see it right now.

I’m a massive fan of Hagi if played centrally. I think he needs to be able to take the ball and look up and see 2/3/4 players ahead of him so he can move it quickly. Being out wide right, he doesn’t have that and often slows us down.

We need a right winger and Hagi and Aribo can battle it out for that attacking midfield role, otherwise we’re as well moving him on for the decent profit we’d get.

His lack of pace is the reason he’s a good player and not a great player. I think he’ll be used wide right until January until Gio can bring in a more natural winger

Don't think he's looked great the last few games in all honesty but I can see why GVB persists with him. He's still capable of doing this few others in the team can do, although I feel like last night might have been more suited to having Arfield on from the start in his place.

It’s baffling that someone with his footballing quality struggles with the basics at times. Poor passing and control of the ball are quite frequent occurrences. Yet I forgive that because his numbers are generally very good in terms of goals and assists, and he’s proven in the past to step up and score a cracker when needed.

He’s definitely capable but he needs a rocket up the arse. But then, so do many of the others in the squad.

He plays so much better when linking up with Aribo or Tav out wide right. Unsure that two successive sets of coaching teams will be getting it ‘wrong’ with him though. He is obviously not following instructions.

Why does he play wide right? He has no pace and I don’t think I’ve seen him cross a ball. Tbh he’s the one I would sell first if a decent bid came in for him.

Imo he needs to play as a 10 or nothing but I think he’s a player we could afford to lose. Arfield will contribute more in the 10 until the end of the season.

Ive been saying this for ages, either Aribo or Hagi at the 10 and if you are determined to play both then Aribo out wide as even though hea not the quickest he is still quicker than Hagi.

Utter madness that anyone would sell the boy, probably the most technically gifted player in the squad.
You can be technically brilliant all you want, but if you’re a square peg in a round hole then it’s not a long term solution.

With the way Gio is playing, a right sided version of Kent is what would suit the team best and ultimately that’s what it’s all about.

I don't think he suites the wide position at all. I think he would thrive in the Arfield position against Livi in a 4-1-4-1.

I hope we can get a right-sided forward like Kent in January.

Even though he was off it last night he still nearly gave us a goal out of nothing with that low long range placed drive with his left foot that just went past Macey’s post.

But I generally agree that he is our most disposable high value asset. In that I mean I would rather sell him than the likes of Kent, Aribo and Kamara. Possibly even Morelos.

Even though he was off it last night he still nearly gave us a goal out of nothing with that low long range placed drive with his left foot that just went past Macey’s post.

But I generally agree that he is our most disposable high value asset. In that I mean I would rather sell him than the likes of Kent, Aribo and Kamara. Possibly even Morelos.
Yeah, that’s where I’m coming from.

Love the boy but given the new style of play under Gio, he’s a sellable asset if he’s only going to be filling a gap out right.

I don't think he suites the wide position at all. I think he would thrive in the Arfield position against Livi in a 4-1-4-1.

I hope we can get a right-sided forward like Kent in January.
I actually think we should look at getting a left footed winger who can play on the left who can compete with Kent. Unless Middleton was to be brought back we have no balance in the wing positions with Kent, Sakala, Wright and Hagi all right footed. Yes Kent and Hagi have great weaker feet but Hagi isn’t even a winger and Kent is hot and cold.

When was the last time our club had a proper pacey left wing option? My mind’s gone a bit blank but I think it might have been Beasley.

Hagi played 92 scored 14 assists 21
Arfield played 166 scored 31 assists 18

Arfield is more of a goal threat. But you also have to factor the fact Hagi is as you pointed out often played out of position.
Hagi assists more than Arfield.

They offer different things, Arfield will arrive late in the box or run beyond the striker.
Hagi plays on the edge and tries passes others in our side couldn’t see let alone try.

Both valuable squad members

Its baffling how slow he is, although I don’t think it helps we are playing him wide against fullbacks who are generally fast. For me, he needs replaced with Sakala or Wright.

His decision making, passing and control last night was absolutely woeful. And yet he still had one of our better efforts.

If he's going to be a starter he has to be better and do more.

I'd play him in home games, where generally we need craft/intelligence to break teams down.

Think he's too of a bystander at places like Easter Road/Tynecastle where it's all a bit fraught. Especially when he's on one of his off-games.

First half last night and first half on Sunday, he was woeful. Yeah I know he switched the ball across to Kent which led to Aribo's goal on Sunday, but aside from that he was a man down.

Both games 2nd half he was a bit better but still not enough for me.

If he's not going to be played rigidly through the middle, then we should cash in on him.

He puts in a shift every match he plays regardless if he’s played out of position or not!

Hagi played 92 scored 14 assists 21
Arfield played 166 scored 31 assists 18

Arfield is more of a goal threat. But you also have to factor the fact Hagi is as you pointed out often played out of position.
Hagi assists more than Arfield.

They offer different things, Arfield will arrive late in the box or run beyond the striker.
Hagi plays on the edge and tries passes others in our side couldn’t see let alone try.

Both valuable squad members
Hagis assists are very decent.

No doubt would be better centrally but you can't doubt his vision and eye to play the ball through the gaps, he played a brilliant ball through the lines to arfield right before the penalty so again despite him not being amazing the full game he massivly contributed to us scoring the winner as he does with near enough every game he plays

If a sizable bid comes in during the January window Rangers should take the money and reinvest it in a centre back and possibly a midfielder.

Hagi on his game is excellent but for me he's a bit hit and miss at times.

I think he is an asset to the team and a very useful player to have in the squad. Numbers are good but has periods where he frustrates which folk seem to remember more than the good stuff.

Looking at the numbers @JW1988 posted above the compare well to Arfield.

Hagi = 6.6 games per goal, 4.4 games per assist
Arfield = 5.4 games per goal, 9.2 games per assist

Still not convinced we can play Aribo and Hagi it is one or the other as a number 10

I really like Hagi but he is maybe someone we could afford to lose if it means investing in the team

Actually thought second half he was pretty good. He has incredible intelligence in terms of the game. He was off it passing/attacking last night but chipped in defensible when needed. His work rate is second to none.
Draws a ton of fouls.
He is brave and puts his body in the way of defenders.
Makes vital contributions.
Probably the most intelligent forward we have.
Has an unselfish workrate and is a real team player.
Has a great shot.
Apart from that, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Has a lot of talent and skill in his locker, but pace isn't in there. But all added together though he's worth the inclusion in the starting line-up, but Sakala should have subbed him at 60mins last night to freshen up the attack.

If we're going to persist with this shape where Tav and Borna don't get forward as much then we need out and out wingers in front of them IMO.

Still not sure what Hagi's best position is.

Back