Robbie Neilson not a happy man

uneasydaz

Wouldn't be surprised to see him getting pulled up for his comments

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson cuts a frustrated figure in his BBC Sportsound interview.

"I was delighted with the players, especially the second half I thought we had the better of the game," he said. "We played on the front foot, pressed Celtic and created chances.

"We didn't get beaten by Celtic, we got beat by poor decisions from the officials, that’s the galling thing.

"I’ve seen it, everyone would agree with it [the goal being offside]. The linesman had a brilliant view. I don’t want to say too much, last time I did, at Ibrox, I had the book thrown at me.

"We deserved to take something out of the game, in key moments in the game Craig Gordon had a few good saves but we had good chances. But we were done by a very, very poor official."

"I'd end up going to jail if I said what I really think about it," adds Hearts boss Robbie Neilson when asked about Bobby Madden's decision to go for a drop-ball after Jota's injury.

"I've never seen anything like it in my life," he adds. "The boy pulls his hamstring and the referee stops the game and gives them the ball back when we're going to counter-attack. But that's Scottish football... You're in Glasgow."

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson cuts a frustrated figure in his BBC Sportsound interview.

"I was delighted with the players, especially the second half I thought we had the better of the game," he said. "We played on the front foot, pressed Celtic and created chances.

"We didn't get beaten by Celtic, we got beat by poor decisions from the officials, that’s the galling thing.

"I’ve seen it, everyone would agree with it [the goal being offside]. The linesman had a brilliant view. I don’t want to say too much, last time I did, at Ibrox, I had the book thrown at me.

"We deserved to take something out of the game, in key moments in the game Craig Gordon had a few good saves but we had good chances. But we were done by a very, very poor official."

"I'd end up going to jail if I said what I really think about it," adds Hearts boss Robbie Neilson when asked about Bobby Madden's decision to go for a drop-ball after Jota's injury.

"I've never seen anything like it in my life," he adds. "The boy pulls his hamstring and the referee stops the game and gives them the ball back when we're going to counter-attack. But that's Scottish football... You're in Glasgow."
No Robbie....your at Parkheed....don't bring us into it were on the end of it as well.

Ironic that he pulls out the classic "that's Scottish football" quote when his team played with no midfield at all. You have to actually put the ball in the net to win games, Robbie, not just win the physical battle.

He was absolutely right with everything he said…….remember when Alfie got slaughtered for pulling up when playing in europa league and one of our opponents went down. This was the same but only it’s the ref stopping the game, one of worst refereeing decisions I’ve ever witnessed as was the way he restarted it afterwards!!!

Robbies on the fake blues or the peace pipe

Jota pulls up with a hamstring injury and incredibly Madden stops the game and then gives Celtic the ball when the game restarts. No wonder Neilson was raging, i've never seen anything like it.

He was spot on tonight though.

Their goal was clearly offside.
I could not believe what I saw and heard on sky sports i think it was about 15 - 20 mins in and a stat comes up passes scum 100% hearts 53% surprised they did not say are you watching Pep

Neilson is correct about the shambolic officiating. To give the manks a drop ball after one of their own players goes down injured when the other team is on the counter attack is nothing short of scandalous. One of the very worst refereeing decisions you’ll ever likely see, and that’s saying something.

To also allow as clear an offside goal as you’ll see to stand, and the times when the little Japanese was hit by a feather to fall on his arse and go unpunished is also staggeringly bad refereeing.

Neilson is correct in what he says, absolutely.

He's a prick of the highest order (I witnessed his antics at New St Mirren Park when we won the Youth Cup there against Hearts).

But I'll give him his due for speaking his mind and calling out the incompetence of the officials and not giving two monkeys about the consequences.

A shocking decision, will we see an outcry for VAR after this from the usual suspects, I have my doubts?

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that Bobby Madden made an emergency visit to Jota’s home tonight to tuck him up in bed with a nice hot water bottle. Never in over 60 years watching football at every level of the game both in the UK and abroad have I seen a referee stop a game when a player pulls up with what was clearly a hamstring strain. He then compounded the error by giving Celtic possession from the dropped ball when Hearts had taken possession and were breaking on Celtic’s back four. The Celtic captain then displayed bad sportsmanship by keeping possession and going on the attack instead of either kicking the ball out of play to give Hearts possession at a throw-in or lumping it up the park to the Hearts goalkeeper. They have no shame.

Neilson is correct about the shambolic officiating. To give the manks a drop ball after one of their own players goes down injured when the other team is on the counter attack is nothing short of scandalous. One of the very worst refereeing decisions you’ll ever likely see, and that’s saying something.

To also allow as clear an offside goal as you’ll see to stand, and the times when the little Japanese was hit by a feather to fall on his arse and go unpunished is also staggeringly bad refereeing.

Neilson is correct in what he says, absolutely.
I agree , apart from bringing us into it...big Levine does the same...

Hes correct on both assessments. The diving cnut was offside throughout the full passage of play, if its not cheating, id love to hear the explanation of how you called a guy onside, that hadnt been onside in the full 10s leading up to the goal.

The Jota incident is - remarkably - even worse in my opinion, because Madden didnt have any entitlement whatsoever to stop the game. None. Not in his remit. Yet, not only did he do it, he gave them the ball back. It reeks of a guy shite scared to be called "a hun" by their support.

He should be brave enough to get his players to have a go for the full game and who knows what would have happened?

Neilson is 100% right about tonight’s officiating. Astonishing stuff.

Only thing I could take issue with him is saying Glasgow instead of the reality, Ceptic Park

No Robbie....your at Parkheed....don't bring us into it were on the end of it as well.

In fairness, he always states it's a Glasgow/Old Firm thing when Hearts travel through.

He doesn't pick sides, despite his allegiance to the famous, which I think you have to respect.

He's absolutely correct regarding the officials.

The linesman has had umpteen previous decisions in previous games that are blatant cheating. And if the referees are fair game, then so should the linesman.

In fairness, he always states it's a Glasgow/Old Firm thing when Hearts travel through.

He doesn't pick sides, despite his allegiance to the famous, which I think you have to respect.

He's absolutely correct regarding the officials.

The linesman has had umpteen previous decisions in previous games that are blatant cheating. And if the referees are fair game, then so should the linesman.

Except I can’t remember us getting any decisions he has a right to feel aggrieved about

He’s a bear, as far as I’m aware.

He’s a hearts man, played for them, gave up the Dundee United gig in the premier league to manage Hearts.

Whatever fantasies people have about childhood allegiances, and it’s a very popular past time on here, Neilson has been a professional in the game for decades with other clubs. I’d love to know how he’s “a bear”

Absolutely nothing wrong in what he has said. The jota incident is beyond poor decision making its plain and simple cheating. Nielson can be an asshole at times but he has every right to feel hard done by tonight. Bobby Madden your a bellend.

He’s a hearts man, played for them, gave up the Dundee United gig in the premier league to manage Hearts.

Whatever fantasies people have about childhood allegiances, and it’s a very popular past time on here, Neilson has been a professional in the game for decades with other clubs. I’d love to know how he’s “a bear”
You genuinely haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Still very much a bluenose.

I never knew that happened, but Robbie, it only happens in one side of Glasgow ya tramp,

You genuinely haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Still very much a bluenose.

Is he? Fantastic. Will let us win a week on Sunday then !

No, get a grip mate. He’s the manager of Hearts. He’s a professional.

If you think any “bluenose” feelings come into it….wow.

Is he? Fantastic. Will let us win a week on Sunday then !

No, get a grip mate. He’s the manager of Hearts. He’s a professional.

If you think any “bluenose” feelings come into it….wow.
What the fck are you gibbering on about? If he's a Rangers man he'll let us win next week....whit? Is Lee McCulloch still a Rangers man since he's at Hearts now?

He grew up a Rangers fan and he still is a Rangers fans. He's also a professional and will do what it takes to beat us since its his job.

You can both support a team and do your best to beat that team if its your job. Idiotic to think otherwise.

What the fck are you gibbering on about? If he's a Rangers man he'll let us win next week....whit? Is Lee McCulloch still a Rangers man since he's at Hearts now?

He grew up a Rangers fan and he still is a Rangers fans. He's also a professional and will do what it takes to beat us since its his job.

You can both support a team and do your best to beat that team if its your job. Idiotic to think otherwise.

No, I think your last point is the most idiotic one.

Robbie Neilson has been in the game for decades as a professional. None of which he’s been associated with Rangers.

If you honestly think he’s still a “blue nose” after all that, you’re living in a fantasy land.

If there was a fair ref tonight Hearts would have won 2 or 3-1. Simple as that.

The game is rigged against us in Scotland. We just have to adapt.

Jota pulls up with a hamstring injury and incredibly Madden stops the game and then gives Celtic the ball when the game restarts. No wonder Neilson was raging, i've never seen anything like it.
What's more barbour on sky knew fine that's what the neilson booking was for, not the goal that happened an hour earlier like she asked, she's not fit to present that show.

Back