Falkirk FC - What A Mess

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
After their fans forum went viral with the now infamous “it’s a statement, not a question” line, I’ve been keeping an eye on their results. After the fans forum, they picked up a few wins but are now back to losing, having now lost their last two league games and being put out the Scottish Cup by Raith Rovers who played with 10 men for 70 minutes.

Yesterday they got pumped 6-0 by Queens Park. Next week they play league leaders Cove Rangers and it’s looking like they will be in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football for another season. Their fans have resigned themselves to it.

Some shambolic decisions off the park over the last few years, especially closing their relatively successful youth set up so Paul Hartley had more money to spend on first team and then the somewhat pointless appointment of Gary Holt to work above Paul Sheerin which doesn’t seem to be working. Two massive gambles which haven’t paid off.

Nearly 70 players have left them over the last 3 years. One of them scored two for Queen’s Park yesterday.

They could still make the play offs but their players look to have chucked it totally. The atmosphere is utterly toxic from the fans and no wonder.

One to watch for the rest of the season. B-)

Be fun listening to producer John on football daft next week sure to be a rant from him or Purdon/Grado winding him up about it. He absolutely hates Paul Hartley so fair to says that's where it started but it was a bizarre decision for them to close their academy which had been successful for them for years.

Mental how shambolic and shite they are. They are a pretty well supported club along with their pals Dunfermline. Mind you, their fans are wanks from my experience so get it right up them

Had a soft spot for them prior to 2012 as they were my local team. I used to go to a few games as a youngster when Rangers weren't playing and remember putting my pocket money into their "back the bairns" thing when they were in bother in the 90s.
The few falkirk fans I worked with back then were timmy-like in their opinions back in 2012 and weren't afraid to let it rip.
I hope they go under.

I worked under Gary Deans when he was a big 4 partner. I’m not surprised at their demise with him at the helm.

Another club who made a ludicrous managerial decision to get rid of Peter Houston after a poor run of form. They’ve had one shambles after another since then. These clubs need to show more patience and loyalty to people who work well for them. The chopping and changing only ever has one result.

Apart from Russell Latapy about 20 years ago and our own Scotty Arfield, their most notable player is Darren Barr. They're at the appropriate level.

My friend’s late grandad scored a winning goal for Falkirk in a Scottish Cup final in the 50s. Fairly certain he could be considered more notable than Darren Barr :)). Still, their demise is highly amusing, long may it continue.

Never liked them since the company I worked for ordered us to remove their tannoy system for non payment of the bill.
Director back then was a high heid yin with the sfa ( can't remember his name,steedman maybe)
Came out ranting and raging about it.
Told him why ..called me an arsehole and threatened that I would never work for the sfa ever again.
Tbf I never did.

Fck them

I'm pretty sure the council have taken over the running of the stadium as well so they don't even own their own ground now

Kevin McAllister was a great wee winger.

Used to like them and went to Brockville many times when Rangers were away. Detest them now since their fans really turned against Rangers - no idea why as there used to be decent links. Can't wait for the day that Stenny finish above them.

Back