Falkirk FC - What A Mess

I used to work with one of their part time kitmen, when I was an apprentice in the mid to late 80's. He claimed that he punched Peter Grant in the mouth in a post match fight in the tunnel at Brockville. Not sure if he got into bother with the league or SFA.

Nothing to do with the subject of the thread, just a wee amusing story I remembered from the time, especially if it was true, given the identity of the victim.

They got utterly scudded by timing. They were a really sold side during our two seasons in the Championship. Both us and Hibs being in the league really screwed them out of a chance to go up.

They should've went up in the 15/16 season. Did all the hard work beating Hibs in the playoff semi-final and going 1-0 up in the final first leg, then got pumped 4-0 in the second leg at Rugby Park. How 90 minutes can change so much.

They are a car crash, what a shame.

Sheerin is away but Holt still there. Fans/fannies are delighted, not. :))

The fans Q&A in October was brilliant.

Their fans have reveled in our troubles so %^*& them. I was partial to going to a falkirk game when we weren't playing on a sat, but the vitriol from their fans now means I don't bother.

I know falkirk fans who think we cheated them out the Scottish cup for example

Pure and simple

No money to do it.

Remember when they were doing well and won the championship.

They got refused entry several times because they never had a 10k seated stadium and couldn’t ground share with anyone.

Yet Celtic shared Hampden.
Early signs of the game’s authorities giving aid to the bheasts.

Early signs of the game’s authorities giving aid to the bheasts.
Ive mentioned this to the Tims a few times and they cant answer it.

Same when Aberdeen fans come out with all that stuff..
My reply is they stopped relegation during a season you were getting relegated..

The rule was a disgrace and harmed so many clubs. But surely they knew themselves that building two excellent stands is pointless when they ruin it by leaving two stands empty? Just build one like Livi or St Mirren. I’d rather four small stands than two big ones, a tent and a waste ground.

Think you are getting Falkirk and Hamilton mixed up mate.

Falkirk have 3 full stands. Access have 2 and a tent.

No. When we were playing them in the championship, they had 3 mate. Only along the side has nothing.
Stands were completed in 04, 05, and 09. I'm thinking way back when we played them under PLG. My first away game.

That El Dorado has a lot to answer for.

One of the sacrificial lambs to gift that bastardised team a league title. SFA have played a big part in their demise.

They were trailing Raith by 1 point that season and still had to play them at home in the final game of the season.

They were still big favourites to win the league that season from memory due to the remaining fixtures they had.

One of several that were shafted as you say, but also one of several that didn’t do enough about the corruption.

Pumped 3-0 at home again today.

They really are in free fall.

What a task the new manager is going to have.
It's a bit of a left-field appointment to be fair.

Guy who was a Falkirk supporter as a kid, never played the game at any decent level and has managed in South Korea and The States.

He's apparently friends with one of their directors.

High risk move and they turned down Brian Rice for him.

It's a bit of a left-field appointment to be fair.

Guy who was a Falkirk supporter as a kid, never played the game at any decent level and has managed in South Korea and The States.

He's apparently friends with one of their directors.

High risk move and they turned down Brian Rice for him.

maerin rennie is actually a decent manager. Done alright with Vancouver whitecaps and also in South Korea. think hes good at giving young players a chance

I did an HND at Falkirk, why I stayed there, used to go past Alexanders a lot, never realised they are such a big company,
I went to see a reserve game at Brockville and Gary McSwegan and John Spencer absolutely fuckin destroyed them, I think it was 6-0 going on 12

Their ground is brutal , much preferred going to brockville
Yes the old ground was great, it was a ramshackle but it was what football was all about. What’s the deal with new ground only having 3 stands, it’s stupid looking and makes it even colder than it is on a winters day.

I worked at Alexander’s for 5 years. I found the genuine Falkirk supporters absolutely hated us with a passion. Mainly because the vast majority of Falkirk is staunch. It used to eat the actual Falkirk supporters up.
Weird folk in Falkirk, i am a member of Bannatynes so go through there and use the one in Stepps.
Night and and day with the members of each club.
Falkirk ones hardly talk and most are up their own arse.

Yes the old ground was great, it was a ramshackle but it was what football was all about. What’s the deal with new ground only having 3 stands, it’s stupid looking and makes it even colder than it is on a winters day.
Don’t know how true but there was talk years ago that side is in the blast zone for the BP and not allowed a large number of people in the one place at the one time :)), it’s that ridiculous it’s probably true

Falkirk fans back in the day were majority Pro union and Rangers friendly changed days these days so phuck them.
My old man was from Falkirk, he used to go and watch them when the Rangers were away from home. He called them the wee Rangers.

This would have been in the 70s, anyone else hear this?

Went to there game today comfortable win for Cove with a peach of a first goal in there 3-0 win. If they dont get there act together they could still go down. Last few weeks I have been going to local games on a sat. Stennie v Annan, East Stirling v Gala Fairydean. Falkirk v Montrose, Boness v Gers B.

Was involved with Falkirk FC when Neil McCann was playing there.

Was at the u18s at the time and McCann walking about the place and me being a bluenose, I buzzed off of it. Was always trying to talk to him for advice and stuff, was a great time in my life.

It makes me sad seeing them in the state they are now, I've always looked out for their results since they let me go, and Ive got to agree, they're an absolute mess.

Hopefully they can turn it around. It's all the diehard auld men at Falkirk I feel sorry for, in that Amarillo Cafe all day every day waiting for players and staff.
They had a decent youth set up when Craig Hagi Mcpherson was involved but then went downhill.

Back