Falkirk FC - What A Mess

It's a bit of a left-field appointment to be fair.

Guy who was a Falkirk supporter as a kid, never played the game at any decent level and has managed in South Korea and The States.

He's apparently friends with one of their directors.

High risk move and they turned down Brian Rice for him.
It'll be interesting to see how he gets on, he played football with Camelon Thistle when a few guys i knew did and he's a close friend of my cousins husband, through that I've always sort of kept tabs on how he's doing, he played in the juniors for a few years with Dunipace and Bo'ness too.

As you say it's a left field appointment but he's someone different from the usual faces of the Scottish managerial merry go round.

The post is about Falkirk FC why does it turn into a stupid area/ locals bashing thread. As someone who has worked in Glasgow / Edinburgh/ Motherwell and others I can assure you it's no different to these other places. There are good and not so good, people and areas just like anywhere else. ;)

Camelon should be napalmed and restarted. One of the most miserable grey places I’ve ever came across. Yet ask anyone who comes from there, it’s the greatest place since slice bread.
Sliced bread is a fairly new thing there to be fair :)

As I’m from the area I would like to see them do well. Used to be very well run and if they could get back to that and get a grass pitch they’d be good to have in the Premier league.

The fans are pretty weird though, I generally find them leaning towards us.

Camelon should be napalmed and restarted. One of the most miserable grey places I’ve ever came across. Yet ask anyone who comes from there, it’s the greatest place since slice bread.
Theres some amount of takeaways,bookies and chemists then a court at the end of the road just for the locals.
And i thought cumbernauld toon centre was bad

Since most of my mates are Falkirk fans I’m taking great pleasure seeing them get skelped every week

Used to have a soft spot for them after they beat the filth 2-1 at the Knewcamp on the day we won the league at Pittodrie in 1987. Totally indifferent towards them after 2012 (like the majority of Scottish clubs).

From the Falkirk wheel to the Rosebank takes for ever.
It's been like that since they built the junction at Tesco and also put in lights at the Mariner Centre when they built the Aldi and Home Bargains down there, the two sets of lights cause chaos now, and its even busier now with the McDonalds behind the Tesco petrol station.

It's been like that since they built the junction at Tesco and also put in lights at the Mariner Centre when they built the Aldi and Home Bargains down there, the two sets of lights cause chaos now, and its even busier now with the McDonalds behind the Tesco petrol station.
All the parked cars dont help.

Churches? Or is it the Mariner bar on a sunday
The old Irving Parish church (my old BB's church) behind the Copper Top is still there, it merged with St Johns (opposite the mariner centre) and was renamed as Camelon Parish church a good few years ago now.

The chapel which is opposite tesco closed a few years ago after merging with the one in Falkirk, its now a funeral home.

The old Irving Parish church (my old BB's church) behind the Copper Top is still there, it merged with St Johns (opposite the mariner centre) and was renamed as Camelon Parish church a good few years ago now.

The chapel which is opposite tesco closed a few years ago after merging with the one in Falkirk, its now a funeral home.
See there building a distillery at Rosebank.
Traffic lights have been a nightmare there.
Only temp

They're rebuilding the old one with a visitor centre added on.
The camelon mob will be standing outside getting a smell of the vapours , best having night security when it opens.
Canny see the punters in the flats being happy about it.

The camelon mob will be standing outside getting a smell of the vapours , best having night security when it opens.
Canny see the punters in the flats being happy about it.
The distillery was there long before the flats, there have been quite a few plans to reopen it over the years though so they can't say they weren't warned.

What a calamity for the Bairns, but I temper my sympathy.

I had occasion, twice, to go undercover into the gazebo end as it was. I wore my Scotland rugby jersey to be incognito.

I sat amongst them, I bit my lip as I listened to an ever ending delivery of "Huns" and "Orange bastards" through the 90 minutes.

From a much earlier l point of view, I was visiting relatives in Falkirk approaching the turn of the new year in1974.

We, that is to say, the gentleman of the gathering, went to Brockville, as the ladies done their thing.

As a 15 year old Rangers fan who had no real interest in the game, other than it being a contest, I couldn't help hearing the songs from the terracing.

I was behind the goal (to the right of the main stand as I viewed it), as late in the proceedings, a few drunk and happy guys were singing The Cry and the Sash.

Were they Falkirk fans? I presumed so as no one objected and it seemed to suit the mood of the terracing.

As I say. I was delighted by my first encounter with Falkirk fans, but not so years later.

The denoumont of this story is that nearly 40 years later, I really don't give a monkey's about the pygmies of our game who actually, incredibly, thought that Rangers fans didn't really love Rangers.

We showed to them the folly of that misguided and delusional state of mind.

RANGERS FC, SCOTLAND'S NATIONAL CLUB.

Rumour going around that Kenny Miller will be his assistant, they announced that Danny Grainger had left his position as assistant coach today.

Rumour going around that Kenny Miller will be his assistant, they announced that Danny Grainger had left his position as assistant coach today.
Can’t see Kenny Miller going anywhere near Falkirk for an assistant role.

He’s already managed a Premiership club. He’ll want to be the main man.

Can’t see Kenny Miller going anywhere near Falkirk for an assistant role.

He’s already managed a Premiership club.
The club announced it at a meeting last night.The manager is coming over from America.Also looking for supporters to put in £10 a month in a scheme similar to Club1872.
Not many wanting involved though as there seems to be a lot of animosity towards Gary Holt being there

Maybe a shitehole but still has the biggest RSC in the area with two coaches for home games.

The Falkirk fans hate the fact there are so many of us in the area, somewhere in the region of 10 RSC's travelling to Ibrox.
And hundreds more in cars and trains. Love it.

The post is about Falkirk FC why does it turn into a stupid area/ locals bashing thread. As someone who has worked in Glasgow / Edinburgh/ Motherwell and others I can assure you it's no different to these other places. There are good and not so good, people and areas just like anywhere else. ;)
Globetrotter.

The club announced it at a meeting last night.The manager is coming over from America.Also looking for supporters to put in £10 a month in a scheme similar to Club1872.
Not many wanting involved though as there seems to be a lot of animosity towards Gary Holt being there

Falkirk announced it last night that Kenny Miller is their new assistant?

If that’s the case, he’s an idiot.

Falkirk announced it last night that Kenny Miller is their new assistant?

If that’s the case, he’s an idiot.
They had a meeting with a supporters group.The guy from America is a Falkirk fan and seemingly knows Miller well.
Only reason I heard this is my mate was at the meeting

They had a meeting with a supporters group.The guy from America is a Falkirk fan and seemingly knows Miller well.
Only reason I heard this is my mate was at the meeting

Miller is constantly talking himself up for a managers gig. When Dunfermline’s was going he was interested in that. Amazed he’s taking the assistant role at a basket case like Falkirk.

Back