Falkirk FC - What A Mess

They had a meeting with a supporters group.The guy from America is a Falkirk fan and seemingly knows Miller well.
Only reason I heard this is my mate was at the meeting
It was Martin Rennie who signed Kenny Miller for Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS, Rennie grew up in Falkirk and was a ball boy at the old Brockville, he played for a few local junior teams before getting into coaching and moving to America.

It was Martin Rennie who signed Kenny Miller for Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS, Rennie grew up in Falkirk and was a ball boy at the old Brockville, he played for a few local junior teams before getting into coaching and moving to America.
That's the name.I had heard he was a ball boy years ago.A very qualified coach by all accounts

That's the name.I had heard he was a ball boy years ago.A very qualified coach by all accounts
I posted earlier in the thread that he's close friends with my cousin's husband, he's done well, his appointment has mostly went down well with their fans, a few have had a moan but thats to be expected.

Outstanding appointment for us.
Will give the place a huge lift.
Obviously a stepping stone for his coaching career but we have to make the most of it.
The future looks a bit brighter.
Now it's down to the players to listen , learn and give what's expected.
With the greatest of respect, Falkirk are ‘too big’ a club to be in League 1. We all joke but Falkirk should be a PL team, with the support size, history etc. Just remember, if you ever do get back, which I think you will in the future, grow a bloody grass pitch :))

With the greatest of respect, Falkirk are ‘too big’ a club to be in League 1. We all joke but Falkirk should be a PL team, with the support size, history etc. Just remember, if you ever do get back, which I think you will in the future, grow a bloody grass pitch :))

Most definitely want that grass pitch back.... I cant think of any player that would prefer plastic to grass.
We are in league 1 because of bad leadership at all levels.. plus players that have signed are well below standard needed.
I think a few clubs around our size could also claim to be PL teams... Dunfermline, Partick, Kilmarnock etc.
The support is loyal and have stuck by the team for the large part, but it was starting to dwindle.... hopefully now we can push on and eventually get back to the top league.

Most definitely want that grass pitch back.... I cant think of any player that would prefer plastic to grass.
We are in league 1 because of bad leadership at all levels.. plus players that have signed are well below standard needed.
I think a few clubs around our size could also claim to be PL teams... Dunfermline, Partick, Kilmarnock etc.
The support is loyal and have stuck by the team for the large part, but it was starting to dwindle.... hopefully now we can push on and eventually get back to the top league.
From a Bear, with no association to Falkirk whatsoever, except my dad working as a lecturer at the college for 25 years, I wish you and your clubs endeavours all the best. Like you said, poor leadership has cost you. Us at Rangers know all to well what poor leadership can cause.

From a Bear, with no association to Falkirk whatsoever, except my dad working as a lecturer at the college for 25 years, I wish you and your clubs endeavours all the best. Like you said, poor leadership has cost you. Us at Rangers know all to well what poor leadership can cause.
I'd like to jump on the back of this post and say I wish your Club nothing but misery. Horrible Club and hopefully they stay rotting in the lower leagues.

falkirk were in the div 3 the late 70/80’s.i remember going to a forfar v Falkirk game in the league and their being a lot of bother after the game and the falkirk fans getting a bit of a chasing.

Miller left wsw. Maybe the family were homesick. But in terms of quality of life he should have stayed in oz (I get things are a bit mental there)

My mate has a corporate table there (fk knows why) and he’s invited me twice this season for a free day out on the bevvy. The standard of football is beyond shocking and they look like they have found their level in that league. After the first game I was at (lost to Dumbarton) they had 2 players come into the suite for a Q&A. Compère asks one of them “You had to come off just before half time with an injury, has it been assessed and could you give us an update on it” and the boy says “Yeah it’s still really sore” Ah nearly spat ma lager all over the table! Wonder why they say some footballers are thick :)

Another defeat on Boxing Day. After leading 1-0, they ended up losing 2-1 to Clyde at home.

Now sitting 7th in the table, 18 points behind the leaders Cove Rangers. Saving grace for them is being 1 point out of playoffs.

Another defeat on Boxing Day. After leading 1-0, they ended up losing 2-1 to Clyde at home.

Now sitting 7th in the table, 18 points behind the leaders Cove Rangers. Saving grace for them is being 1 point out of playoffs.
And 4 points off the relegation play off!

They are a total car crash.

They are 5 points outside the promotional play-offs with an extra game played. More chance that they’ll end up in the relegation play-off battle to L2.

After their fans forum went viral with the now infamous “it’s a statement, not a question” line, I’ve been keeping an eye on their results. After the fans forum, they picked up a few wins but are now back to losing, having now lost their last two league games and being put out the Scottish Cup by Raith Rovers who played with 10 men for 70 minutes.

Yesterday they got pumped 6-0 by Queens Park. Next week they play league leaders Cove Rangers and it’s looking like they will be in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football for another season. Their fans have resigned themselves to it.

Some shambolic decisions off the park over the last few years, especially closing their relatively successful youth set up so Paul Hartley had more money to spend on first team and then the somewhat pointless appointment of Gary Holt to work above Paul Sheerin which doesn’t seem to be working. Two massive gambles which haven’t paid off.

Nearly 70 players have left them over the last 3 years. One of them scored two for Queen’s Park yesterday.

They could still make the play offs but their players look to have chucked it totally. The atmosphere is utterly toxic from the fans and no wonder.

One to watch for the rest of the season. B-)

Thats a decision that a few lower league clubs have made. The change in SFA funding means that if you're not running a set-up that attracts level 1 funding then it's just not affordable to run youth development for relatively low returns in transfer or development fees. It's been some time since Falkirk were producing players that were moving for fees.

Thats a decision that a few lower league clubs have made. The change in SFA funding means that if you're not running a set-up that attracts level 1 funding then it's just not affordable to run youth development for relatively low returns in transfer or development fees. It's been some time since Falkirk were producing players that were moving for fees.
Falkirk have re-established their youth academy, all be it, run by a guy out his depth, and some horror stories about kids treatment coming out.
Hopefully just teething problems and it gets back on its feet quickly

It was a Falkirk supporting Admin that banned me from another football forum. I am absolutely living their pain. Nothing club.

Avid Sports are hovering about to make an investment. Rennie and Miller are in with the bricks with David Baldwin the owner.

12 posts deleted since I asked for the thread to remain on topic.

Another 5 posts deleted.

Bans will be coming next time.

Stop posting about the local area. Keep that kind of chat to PM/The Lounge.

This thread is purely about the football club.

Worst abuse I ever suffered at a game was an away trip to falkirk , I had my kids with me at the time both 8yrs old . My daughter had a pink RFC bobble hat on , this made her a legitimate target in the minds of a group of falkirk fans , men and women , I may add . The level of sectarian and bigoted abuse aimed mainly at my daughter was off the scale ....My kids have never forgotten that experience , neither have I , for that reason I have a wry smile when I see the position that falkirk are in and I truly hope the group of supporters who verbally abused and intimidated two young kids with their dad are now hurting like hell..

Worst abuse I ever suffered at a game was an away trip to falkirk , I had my kids with me at the time both 8yrs old . My daughter had a pink RFC bobble hat on , this made her a legitimate target in the minds of a group of falkirk fans , men and women , I may add . The level of sectarian and bigoted abuse aimed mainly at my daughter was off the scale ....My kids have never forgotten that experience , neither have I , for that reason I have a wry smile when I see the position that falkirk are in and I truly hope the group of supporters who verbally abused and intimidated two young kids with their dad are now hurting like hell..
Was that a midweek game walking up the Bog road?

Their ex chairman used to employ Paul Hartley and didn't have anything nice to say about Hartley when I met him at a Bo'ness game earlier this season.

No ...it was the 3rd of December 2006...It was full blown galeforce winds that day . The game should never have been played ....falkirk won the match 1-0 to compound our misery

One of the worst games I've ever been too. I remember Papac controlling a sideways pass, he looked up to find a forward pass and the ball promptly blew out the park for a Falkirk throw in.

No ...it was the 3rd of December 2006...It was full blown galeforce winds that day . The game should never have been played ....falkirk won the match 1-0 to compound our misery
I was in the Falkirk end that day.

The scaffolding stand behind the goals.

About 50 bears in there.

Flooding everywhere

Back