We've owned them in OF games for 2 full years.

Martyboy70

So today marks a full 2 years since they landed a glove on us in an Old Firm game, and even that was a blatantly offside goal.

During the journey back, when we were routinely taking tankings and celebrating Clint Hill equalisers like Champions League winners, I wondered where a period of dominance like this was coming from.

So it might be a bit early, but what are your thoughts on whether we can keep the record going?

So today marks a full 2 years since they landed a glove on us in an Old Firm game, and even that was a blatantly offside goal.

During the journey back, when we were routinely taking tankings and celebrating Clint Hill equalisers like Champions League winners, I wondered where a period of dominance like this was coming from.

So it might be a bit early, but what are your thoughts on whether we can keep the record going?
Unfortunately they picked up quite a few more trophies than us since that day, and might add to that in a couple of weeks. I get what you mean, but we haven't turned that superiority into much silverware, sadly.

Thats for the reminder op, you also could have went with its 2 years since they beat us.

They are able to come out 100 mph against wee teams but look lightweight and blunt against solid sides.

I’d be extremely disappointed if they manage to get a result against us, even at parkhead.

Unfortunately it was truly pathetic that we didn't score that day, despite being cheated by the officials. And those cunts still think they're the victims of a conspiracy.

One of the lowest I've felt following Rangers.

We absolutely dominated them and got done by a shite linesman.

Didn't help that Morelos decided to hit everything straight at Forster that day.

A linesman who couldn’t see 3 players offside and a linesman who couldn’t see a 6ft 7in goalkeeper 3 yards off his line at a penalty yet their chairman questions the integrity of referees.

The paranoia regarding refs is being ramped up by the Peasants already for the January game. They know that if they lose that then the psychological blow will be massive. We must win at the Piggery.

Unfortunately they picked up quite a few more trophies than us since that day, and might add to that in a couple of weeks. I get what you mean, but we haven't turned that superiority into much silverware, sadly.
Actually they haven’t.
They were gifted a title and won a Scottish cup that had seen transfers and people who should’ve been cup tied playing for other teams etc. they were gifted two trophies to try to make up a false quadruple treble when they’d already been knocked out of the current(at that time) league cup.
So actually, they’ve won %^*& all since.

If we can avoid defeat against them on the 2nd, it will then be 945 days by the time the next old firm game rolls around, before we will have lost against them in the league.

Actually they haven’t.
They were gifted a title and won a Scottish cup that had seen transfers and people who should’ve been cup tied playing for other teams etc. they were gifted two trophies to try to make up a false quadruple treble when they’d already been knocked out of the current(at that time) league cup.
So actually, they’ve won %^*& all since.
The fraudruple treble. Engineered over 5 seasons by a corrupt governing body.

If they hadn't been in that SC final, the competition would just have been null and voided.

They are very capable of causing us problems at their ground, we will need to be at our best.
I really don’t think they will cause us many at all if we play like we have so far under Gio.

High press will cause their defence/Hart massive problems and defensively they’re poor imo.

Our midfield should overrun theirs as well

We beat them earlier in the season without being anywhere near our best, it might not be easy but I still think we’ll win.

Genuinely completely battered them that game despite the scoreline that flattened them.

More one sided than the games against us under Pedro etc which says a lot. Gerrard had that lot down to a T, let's hope Gio can continue that.

If they don't beat us on the 2nd January then they will go over 3 years without a victory over us at Parkhead*

*barring drawing them in a cup tie there before the end of March.

Ah yes. The referee conspiracy to stop Celtic at all costs by gifting them a clearly offside goal.

An awful refereeing performance, that somehow only got worse when we played them again a few weeks later.

Those 2 games within the space of a month, and those maniacs will try and tell you there is a conspiracy against them. Victim mentality.

Absolutely .....the Brain speaks :)
You don't agree? I don't think adopting their arrogance of recent years is helpful. They caused us problems at their ground in the 90s when we were streets ahead of them, this season the league is tight and both sides are on form so of course they can cause us problems, that's not to say we won't be favourites providing we keep playing as we have been under Gio.

You don't agree? I don't think adopting their arrogance of recent years is helpful. They caused us problems at their ground in the 90s when we were streets ahead of them, this season the league is tight and both sides are on form so of course they can cause us problems, that's not to say we won't be favourites providing we keep playing as we have been under Gio.
I was agreeing with you

The only thing worrying me about 2nd Jan is the law of averages. They're due a win against us.

That cup final was heartbreaking, glad we have skelped them consistently since then and I am confident we will do so again next month.

I think sadly the law of averages will go against us, which is why it’s crucial to keep our 4 point lead until that game. That way if it ends up a loss we still have a lead going into the next round of fixtures

you would think when they have all the best players in Scotland they would win one of the OF games. Rangers must be very lucky

Most one sided OF game I can remember, including the game last season we took 4 off them.
I haven’t see two kicks of the ball from the two defeats under Murty.
Some of the guys in my group reckon the cup final was even more one-sided than either of those games.

Just gub them on Jan 2nd. This will see them in a tailspin.

Hopefully they unexpectedly drop some more points by then.

Can never predict an Old Firm game. If we can hit them on the break and get at their defence then we will win. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster but I think that Gio has the managerial upper hand to take all three points. If we do then they will implode.

Back