PL to consider a festive shutdown on Monday - update - they will fulfill fixtures (13 players and a GK required)

It's getting to the point where I dont even care what happens anymore. What happens happens.
55 happened in front of nobody.
I didnt get to go to uni in person.
etc etc.
It cant get any worse if things get cancelled again than it already was.
Mate, please don’t take this the wrong way but you are talking about going to uni, so I take it you are a very young guy. You have a whole lifetime ahead of you. I don’t want to seem like a Rangers da or whatever but you are very young.
If you need someone to talk to dm me

Hope not as im going to chelsea vs brighton on 29th , if it does stop at least i go to the greenman to watch the aberdeen match & go to the shops to get the deals for my drink for new years eve

Is there any specific news for that match mate?

kick off time has changed to 1400, that is just for TV at the moment but the following makes me think this one might be hanging by a thread.

Manchester City have cancelled their planned pre-match press conference with manager Pep Guardiola.

The City boss was due to speak to the media at 12:30 GMT to look ahead to his side’s trip to Newcastle on Sunday.

However, Guardiola returned an inconclusive coronavirus test and is now waiting for the results of a follow-up PCR test.

Show me the data for 5 million OMICROM deaths. Let's not get into a debate about COVID related deaths worldwide. Initial indication is that this new variant is a lot milder than Delta. Indeed, hospital admissions UK wide are down significantly from this strain than Delta. You are the cretin. A buffoon whose probably a Facebook da.
Stick him on the ignore list.

Mine has ballooned since covid started.

Mate switch the news off you'll feel much better.
I’m perfectly relaxed about it dude, living my life, been abroad 7 times in last 18 months and happy to do what’s needed. If clubs are getting outbreaks it doesn’t matter where you are with vax etc. it needs a circuit break

Amazed that some keep falling for this Colin Nish
Hmm, bet I’ve managed to do more and go abroad more than you have in last 18 months. I don’t conform to the hype. But sometimes in a certain setting it needs something to circuit break. Looking at the amount of games cancelled this weekend I think a little tweak might help given the close confines of football

Personal opiinion. I think after this weekend football will be suspended till after the winter break. Not saying that’s the right decision but I think that’s what will happen

Hmm, bet I’ve managed to do more and go abroad more than you have in last 18 months. I don’t conform to the hype. But sometimes in a certain setting it needs something to circuit break. Looking at the amount of games cancelled this weekend I think a little tweak might help given the close confines of football

Nae bother Charlie Sheen.

2 years we have had our lives interrupted for. They can stick their circuit breaks right up their ring.

Nae bother Charlie Sheen.

2 years we have had our lives interrupted for. They can stick their circuit breaks right up their ring.
Charlie sheen? I’ve not got aids dam buster dude. I’m living my life quite happily though, but looking at the football cancellations in England this weekend it looks like something needs to be done as there is an evident outbreak. I’m not suggesting a general population circuit break

One of the biggest problems the UK has with Covid is the constant stop/start way of life. Every country that has just got on with it seems to be fine.

The UK Gov, coupled with the devolved mess's are probably, or definitely, the single biggest problem we have.

I could see them bringing our winter break forward, with a view to starting back earlier. Personally I think that pointless but nippy seems hell bent on turning the clock back 2 years.

Never thought a post indicating that we are pretty powerless in this case would find a reaction in the form of a laughing emoji, but there we are :D

On the rampage :D
Yeah, Kirb, the rate of growth seems pretty alarming. Unlike you, I ain't a scientist, and also unlike you, I am given to dramatic language, such as "on the rampage", but . . . a little emoji cures all!

Anyway, what will be will be. One step at a time. Arabs, booo, baaa, them. That's 12 points. Omicunt permitting.

No but apparently that Whitty has advised that there will be a peak in a couple of weeks and then it’ll die down again. I think that is the rationale behind it.
What does he know? He’s only an extremely well educated scientist that’s studied these sort of things. Personally I’ll listen to some bloke in the pub that knows someone

That's not to say we will too

There have been huge differences how Scotland and England have handled the situation

1) they continued a season while we voted to end it

2) they don't punish players who breach guidelines

3) they seem to cancel games more routinely

Edit:

4) as @TN8 points out we also have a winter break coming up, they don't

Let's see what all happens
Stick to the quizzes.

I tested positive for Covid 2 weeks ago, I put a post on Twitter asking how long the fatigue from it lasted, the amount of Rangers fans that replied to me telling their experiences of months, some now even over a year of illness, still suffering to this day with different forms of ‘long covid’ was pretty frightening.

Touch wood I seem to have been spared that, despite having a rough fortnight and still not being able to taste or smell a thing, but it did make me wonder why we don’t hear these people more, especially on here.

Probably worried they’ll be shouted down by those who shout the loudest that its ‘just a bad cold’ most likely. For loads, the majority, it is a mild illness, that has ALWAYS been the case, but for many folk it isn’t, and I think some folk on here need to take that on board.

They're all tuckered out from trying to break away and create a super league.

This just seems like focus testing for when they inevitably do it after the "World cup" next season and then threaten that "this is a nonsense schedule get rid of it or we'll join a super league!"

ITS A MILD FLU/COLD ffs. This is utterly ridiculous.
Sorry your getting the brunt of it. Don’t know you or how old you are but I’ve had enough of your lot. Yes it can be a mild cold/ flu for most and that’s fine. What you fail to realise is that although it might not kill them it puts thousands in hospitals. Therefore clogging up the nhs for the other poorly people. So you having a mild cold but passing it on inevitably leads to a hospital bed or 2 being occupied unnecessarily. That’s ridiculous

What the vaccinations, 10 days in hotels, numerous circuit breaks, facemasks, social distancing, Furlough and closure of businesses etc. were for nothing?

I for one am deeply shocked, but hey ho, let's try the same shit again. If you all be good little boys and girls then we might let you out again in March.

How are Sweden getting on?

What the vaccinations, 10 days in hotels, numerous circuit breaks, facemasks, social distancing, Furlough and closure of businesses etc. were for nothing?

I for one am deeply shocked, but hey ho, let's try the same shit again. If you all be good little boys and girls then we might let you out again in March.

Folks are complteley overreacting. No one is saying shut the whole country down ffs but stopping the prem league and football league for a week to ten days looks sensible give how many games are being cancelled. Keep your hair on

I’m not sure if the Sweden comment is a joke or not?!

Folks are complteley overreacting. No one is saying shut the whole country down ffs but stopping the prem league and football league for a week to ten days looks sensible give how many games are being cancelled. Keep your hair on

I appreciatte what you are saying, but the language being used by the Govt tells you whats in the pipeline. If the PL shuts, it starts paving the way for more restrictions, like it's a great idea. It doesn't affect me personally other than my son not going home for xmas. Things like this are just the start.

Back