Lundstram

I thought he was ok, Hagi was much worse.

I'd imagine he would have played Davis if he wasn't isolating.

At this stage the only thing I have left to cling on to is other players have taken a while to settle in before raising their level considerably, Barasic being an example

Lundstram has been a major disapointment so far

I dont see what he’s good at to be honest, an absolutely bang average footballer. Brings nothing to the team that someone like Kelly couldn’t. Hell of a lot more expensive too.

I wouldn’t be sorry to see him leave in January. I just don’t see a future for him in the team.

Nowhere near the standard we need.
Not worked out.

Can’t believe Gerrard brought this guy in, and we changed our philosophy of playing to suit his style!
Obviously not just to suit his style, but he was brought in to suit this change.
And it hasn’t worked.

Didn’t work under Gerrard.
Not working under Gio.

Get rid of.
Save 35k for someone Gio wants.

No brainer for me.

Doesn’t deserve to be singled out to be honest he was ok I just don’t think the changes worked for us

For me it's not Lundstram as a player, it's Lundstram not working with the players he's generally been picked alongside. Think him and Kamara don't work and it's not necessarily that Lundstram himself slows the play down, it's the balance of the team with both of them in it.

Would like to see Lundstram at the base of the midfield, with Arfield and Aribo in front. Wouldn't drop Kamara to do that, of course, but I think that's the last hope that there's a long term spot for Lundstram here as anything other than a player to see games out when we're up.

We really need another attacking midfielder for these type of games. Aribo is rested and straight away we are in trouble.

Lundstram is not a bad player but he was a weird signing and not what we needed. perhaps SG will give us 2 or 3 million for him. I just dont think he will ever adapt to the style of play we need in 90% of games.

I don't think he's a bad player, wasn't the worst by any means in the 1st half. Him and Kamara in the same side doesn't work and Gio will know that, the tactical change at half time completely changed our play going forward, Lundstram just doesn't fit the way we play or the style Gio wants from the players. He has in the past under Gerrard played MOTM games and performed very well however I'd be looking at offloading him back to England.

Lundstram is clearly a good player but one that isn't suited to our system under Gio. A perfectly fine player but his style of slowing it down and playing it backwards is no use in this league

We're in no position to allow a high earner to be used in a Bongani Zungu closer role so it wouldn't stun me to see him go elsewhere in January if we can get a club to pay his wages

Not worked out.

Can’t believe Gerrard brought this guy in, and we changed our philosophy of playing to suit his style!
Obviously not just to suit his style, but he was brought in to suit this change.
And it hasn’t worked.

Didn’t work under Gerrard.
Not working under Gio.

Get rid of.
Save 35k for someone Gio wants.

No brainer for me.
Can you explain the philosophy and style we ditched to fit him in please?

I don’t think he suits starting games where we will be on the front foot from the start, he’s the guy you bring on to slow it down and take the pace out the game or where we are playing in a defensive manner which we rarely do, if at all.

I do think he’s a good player, just in the wrong type of team. He contributed more than Hagi in the first half.

His stock should still be fairly high in England so if he does get moved on i see no shortage of offers. may be quite low ball but if we can get a replacement for the income i would be happy with that.

I don’t think he suits starting games where we will be on the front foot from the start, he’s the guy you bring on to slow it down and take the pace out the game or where we are playing in a defensive manner which we rarely do, if at all.

I do think he’s a good player, just in the wrong type of team. He contributed more than Hagi in the first half.
I contributed more than Hagi first half fumbling my balls as well.

He doesn't sut the requirements of Rangers in this league.
I think it would do us both a favour if we called it a draw and let him find a club down south in January.
Getting out of his contract with no financial damage would be a result for us I think.
No hard feelings to John either.
Sometimes it doesn't work out for players at a new club.
Spot on.

I don't think he is that bad. Just nowhere near what we need, certainly not when you take weekly wage into account.

He can get that wage elsewhere? Probably quite easily down South. Then we should flip, get our outlay of signing on fee plus wages paid back as a sale price, then let both parties move forward with face and without issue.

I was under the impression he was bought as an 8. He certainly doesn't work as the deep lying midfielder but doesn't have the ability to run beyond (that I've seen).

If he's rumoured wages are accurate we should certainly be looking to move him on.

I don’t think we have been making good signings recently. Lundstrum was meant to be our marquee guy and to date that’s not been the case, also throw in Bacuna, Simpson and a few others we need a better calibre of player.

Kamara ,Davis and Lundstram all play a similar type role . We need two quicker and more attacking players playing in midfield when any of those 3 are playing against defensive teams. He is the least effective. If we get an offer for him I would take it.

Can you explain the philosophy and style we ditched to fit him in please?
High pressing.

From the first close season game against Tranmere, it was already evident to me at least, that we had changed our style.

Obviously it wasn’t till we got about 7-8 games into the season, and after we went out of the CL that this style was here to stay.

There is a interview with Michael Beale which explains the change of style.
Apparently the old style was to save energy.
Without having the ball.

What's the difference between a win and a loss on FF, if we win there is only slightly less negative threads

For the first half I don't think any of our layers got out of first gear tbh

Thing is he's a talented player, it's never working out for him here

Hopefully sell for a profit

That can be Davis.
Davis is a shadow of the player he was last season and has been worse than lundstram all season. He doesn’t suit Gio’s style by the looks of it, under Gerrard he had protection either side of him but under Gio he only has the one person next to him and he needs to cover more ground and he just doesn’t look to suit it, doesn’t have the legs anymore for it by the looks of it.

Davis is a shadow of the player he was last season and has been worse than lundstram all season. He doesn’t suit Gio’s style by the looks of it, under Gerrard he had protection either side of him but under Gio he only has the one person next to him and he needs to cover more ground and he just doesn’t look to suit it, doesn’t have the legs anymore for it by the looks of it.

He hasn't been worse than Lundstram at all. He hasn't hit the heights of last season and has had a few poor performances, but he is at least a level above Lundstram.

Lundstram is clearly a good player but one that isn't suited to our system under Gio. A perfectly fine player but his style of slowing it down and playing it backwards is no use in this league

We're in no position to allow a high earner to be used in a Bongani Zungu closer role so it wouldn't stun me to see him go elsewhere in January if we can get a club to pay his wages
Respect your opinion, but could you define ‘clearly a good player’ please?

I thought he didn't do anything that bad but also didn't do anything that good, if you know what i mean. His play can be pretty turgid at times and i don't think its for Rangers. He may be a better player for another team

I thought he set the tone from the first minute, where we had a chance to attack, and he passed behind the man, halting any forward momentum, which is his trademark.

I wanted us to sign him, thought he'd be a good acquisition. I was wrong, he's got no awareness at all. I'd sell him and Simpson in January, if we've any takers, get them off the wage bill.

Any more performances like Hagi's today, and I'd cash in on him too, we cannot afford passengers this season.
I think Tav set the tone when that left back ran through him twice and thry had their first shot.

I don't think Lundstram has been great but he is singled out quite often on here which I think is unfair.

I agree on Hagi he has one league goal all season and zero assists which is absolutely awful, I don't understand why he keeps playing.

He wasn't helped by the team selection but should be behind Kamara and Davis in the holding role, especially home games.

The movement ahead of him today was woeful in the first half.

Kamara and him were the wrong way around aswell, Lundstram should have been the more forward of the two in the starting lineup.

Either select Lundstram or Kamara, but not both. It doesn't work.

It just kills our attacking game when we have more than one of Kamara, Lundstram or Davis on the pitch at the same time.

It is a hard call for the manager to make because the three of them will be on a high salary and wanting to play, but he needs to be ruthless and start only one of them.

It voluntarily handicaps us when we start more than one holding midfielder against the low quality Scottish Premiership teams, no need for it when there are more attacking minded midfielders on the bench.

I have voted him MOTM on a couple of occasions do he does have qualities. His problem is his pace, have we ever had a slower player under 30?

I'd use him as a sub when needed, and when teams are tiring.

He hasn't been worse than Lundstram at all. He hasn't hit the heights of last season and has had a few poor performances, but he is at least a level above Lundstram.
Mate Davis has had one above average performance all season away to Motherwell. If he was a level above it would be good if he showed that in his play. Lundstram has been a better player than Davis all season. This will be Davis’s last season I reckon.

Back