SPFL Talks of Bringing Winter Break Forward - Problem for us with AFCON Players

Bizarre. In the best form for years and years and they want to bring it to a stop why?
Because the are skint and likely wanting the cash from playing games TBF. It’s just hilarious they actually think fans will be allowed back anytime soon.

Would expect Sky will want cash back if games get changed

So just to clarify . The Tim’s are getting the exact scenario they want (down to playing tomorrow fs) and because it’s likely the best interest of every other team in the league there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it .

Let’s leave this backwater cos I’m so close to being done with the full thing

Can anyone dig out the statements from a year ago to the effect of “lets get as many games played as we can so we dont need to null and void and bankrupt ourselves”

St Mirren have already had that request rejected.

They will however get to avoid their game against us on boxing day when / if this pish regarding the winter break goes ahead.

So just another small detail to benefit the mentally challengeds.

Wither the winter break is brought forward or not, we will not be playing on Boxing day.

They need to hold firm. Albeit, it’s the SPFL boards call, not the clubs
Shifty McGifty enters stage right.

The 2021/22 SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Murdoch MacLennan (Chairman), Karyn McCluskey (non-executive), Ron Gordon (Hibernian), James MacDonald (Ross County), Stewart Robertson (Rangers), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Alastair Donald (Forfar Athletic) and Paul Hetherington (Airdrieonians).

They need to play the games

Postponing them poses the serious risk of making the rest of the season at utter shambles. It leaves zero contingency for further postponements post break.

I think its likely to be April before the OF game could even be played.

The 2021/22 SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Murdoch MacLennan (Chairman), Karyn McCluskey (non-executive), Ron Gordon (Hibernian), James MacDonald (Ross County), Stewart Robertson (Rangers), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Alastair Donald (Forfar Athletic) and Paul Hetherington (Airdrieonians).
The amount of charlatans on that board :mad:

Stewart Robertson has his work cut out with that lot.

It’s a cfc sorry spfl board decision… tinpot farce yet again. 2 years of this and still buffoonery at the highest order.

I say this a lot but I think this time I mean it, if this is voted through then I am done with Scottish football and following anything within it:
Agreed. We need to get ourselves out of this league run for one club only . Start down south in the 4th division we will be there for the journey to the top again.

Sturgeon will align a review of fans at sport events to marry with the 6 Nations, wouldn’t be shocked if they fuddle some 30% BS for Scotland v England on the 5th Feb as some magical test event then no fans at events again for another 7 months

Jason Leitch has said that the final was a super-spreader.
Sweeney has said football attendances should have been stopped before now.
They’re expecting an ‘explosion’ in numbers in the coming weeks.

Football as a whole has to come together and think of the greater good, protect the NHS and call the league on a PpG basis!

*no one wants to go without football and the above will never happen but that’s the argument that every Rangers fan should be putting forward. We really can’t allow them to manipulate the situation to their own benefit. If they have issues with injuries they should have a bigger squad/better sports science department/play a less intense style of football. Completely self-inflicted.

Sturgeon will align a review of fans at sport events to marry with the 6 Nations, wouldn’t be shocked if they fuddle some 30% BS for Scotland v England on the 5th Feb as some magical test event then no fans at events again for another 7 months

Will be full attendances in time for the 6 nations nothing surer

That makes no sense

How do the SPFL board decide how to proceed without them voting amongst themselves (the likes of Doncaster, Airdrie, Dunfermline etc)

Do they just talk about it and Doncaster just makes the decision himself?
Yes. It’s not a vote. It’s a zoom call where the board will get the overall feeling from the clubs and make a decision. It’s literally not a vote. It may result in a defacto vote but it’s not an issue that is voted on. That is a fact.

Absolutely being halted then

I think we are being delusional if anyone thinks she will lift everything in 3 weeks time. she has always been brutal and over cautious implementing restrictions and slow and steady(to the extreme) when removing them. Unless figures come down dramatically the restrictions will continue for another 3 weeks at least

I think we are being delusional if anyone thinks she will lift everything in 3 weeks time. she has always been brutal and over cautious implementing restrictions and slow and steady(to the extreme) when removing them. Unless figures come down dramatically the restrictions will continue for another 3 weeks at least

Exactly. Any sort of attempt to argue that moving the winter break forward to help get back to increased attendance is garbage. We're not going to see full capacity for months.

Shouldn’t we wait and see what he has to say before making judgement ? We haven’t heard from the club yet

And therein lies the problem. Other clubs have been right on to it issuing statements and getting on tv and radio. Meanwhile our MD has radio silence. We are now on the back foot and anything we now say will look bitter

At the moment, the only narrative being pushed, is the one by the club's who want the winter break, more clubs will want to play the remaining games before the break - the loudest voices don't always win.

Back