SPFL Talks of Bringing Winter Break Forward - Problem for us with AFCON Players

I know people who know him well and they are all in agreement that he isn’t the man to lead rangers. I trust their judgment

I know a few who know him very well too and they are guys who never miss a Rangers game.

I trust their judgement and they think he is bang on the money.
The board seem to share that view too, so I guess we'll need to agree to disagree.

I know a few who know him very well too and they are guys who never miss a Rangers game.

I trust their judgement and they think he is bang on the money.
The board seem to share that view too, so I guess we'll need to agree to disagree.
Hopefully he is "bang on the money" in this instance. I have to admit I have my doubts

You don’t have to know him well you can judge him from what you see, the decisions he makes and how soft he is. He’s soft as shite. The proof is literally in the pudding.
Last year and earlier this season Stewart Robertson was at the forefront of decision making in Scottish football.

He was fighting for us tooth and nail and we ended up with more fans in than anticipated early on thanks to Stewart Robertson.

He may appear soft as shite and not be the stereotypical figurehead but he certainly backs us.

Yes. It’s not a vote. It’s a zoom call where the board will get the overall feeling from the clubs and make a decision. It’s literally not a vote. It may result in a defacto vote but it’s not an issue that is voted on. That is a fact.
Yer that’s what burrows made you think on Clyde but the clubs voted against such things last year. This could go legal.

There’s absolutely nothing we can do to the stop this . Zilch . Every club in the league bar us can’t afford to lose the revenue . Cormack from sheep I said their 2 home games behind closed doors could cost them 750k. Every other team in the league knows their league position will be in effected by an early break . No players on international duty and main rivals don’t have massive injury’s . We are absolutely on our own and completely f’ed

Is that right?

Know him well do you?
You defend him a lot, because you seem to know him. If you think the ex Motherwell finance guy is the right man to lead our day-to-day then fair enough.

Lied to fans faces at the AGM about safe standing and is pretty rudderless on the whole.

I believe we can do much better. More people on Wilson & Bisgrove's level, please.

What do you propose we do mate, if every other club takes the oppo
What do you propose we do mate, if every other club takes the opposite view?
Maybe at least try? - just seems we take it without any fight - appreciate that I dont know the inner workings - but as soon as I heard the news today BCD - I knew i would hear from the tims and knew we would see hee haw and the net result will be 1. cancelled game on 2/1/22 2. game replayed when we are without ACON players

We are going to be the only team shafted here and we all know it

Celtic game on tomorrow - cricket score
Winter break starts 10pm tomorrow
3 week break
They get there squad rested and folk back from injury
They get some new signings
Old firm rescheduled for during AFCON
Spfl reject our request to postpone cos missing 3 players citing fixture pileup may be caused by covid

Absolutely kidding yourself if you think it will play out any other way
Spot on. They'll stop at nothing to get the CL money this season. This latest effort will seem tame by the end of the season.

Yer that’s what burrows made you think on Clyde but the clubs voted against such things last year. This could go legal.
No I don’t listen to Clyde. There is precedent and it’s in the rules of association of the SPFL. What does “it could go legal” even mean and how does it reflect on my post which is a statement of fact? If you can present evidence from the articles that show that a vote will take place then I have misread the articles, otherwise you are speculating wildly based on assumpitveness and wishful thinking.

The only thing our board can do now is make sure the games arnt rescheduled during the AFCON. That would be a scandal. Anything else at this point would be a bonus .
That is EXACTLY what Timbo will be trying to engineer. Maximum damage to us.

You defend him a lot, because you seem to know him.

If you think the ex Motherwell finance guy is the right man to lead our day-to-day then fair enough.

I believe we can do much better. More people on Wilson & Bisgrove's level, please.
Don't confuse good manners with weakness.

Pity you couldn't ask Bisgrove and Wilson, or Park for that matter, what they think of him.
You'd maybe change your view mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
You defend him a lot, because you seem to know him. If you think the ex Motherwell finance guy is the right man to lead our day-to-day then fair enough.

Lied to fans faces at the AGM about safe standing and is pretty rudderless on the whole.

I think Stewart Robertson does an excellent job for Rangers. To call him an ex Motherwell finance director would be to call Ross Wilson an ex Falkirk employee who moonlighted as a football manager player rater. Which he was.

If it was a fair meeting all you would do is get the people who want to delay the 3 rounds of fixtures for 3 weeks to explain their reasons. If the reason is solely to get the games played in front of a crowd then surely this has to be denied as there's no guarantee that the restrictions will end in 3 weeks and we would then just have the fixtures behind closed doors anyway. This would be embarrassing for the whole of Scottish football - and Sky who will have moved our fixtures to less convenient times for nothing

Shifty McGifty enters stage right.

The 2021/22 SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Murdoch MacLennan (Chairman), Karyn McCluskey (non-executive), Ron Gordon (Hibernian), James MacDonald (Ross County), Stewart Robertson (Rangers), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Alastair Donald (Forfar Athletic) and Paul Hetherington (Airdrieonians).
It's a done deal then.

Don't confuse good manners with weakness.

Pity you couldn't ask Bisgrove and Wilson, or Park for that matter, what they think of him.
You'd maybe change your view mate.

Anyway, the bigger issue is that the vast majority of the teams are backing the scum route on this one.

We're in a small minority and it's tough to win those types of situations.

We need someone like Sky to flex a bit of muscle.
If I spoke to any of them they wouldn't bad mouth him.

Much in the same way if I asked Gio is Brandon Barker was a good player, he isn't going to say no.

I think Stewart Robertson does an excellent job for Rangers. To call him an ex Motherwell finance director would be to call Ross Wilson an ex Falkirk employee who moonlighted as a football manager player rater. Which he was.
No, it really would not.

What is it he does that is excellent for you?

The fact he has been in a position of 'power' for years now and made little difference says it all. There are plenty clubs who dislike the SFA/SPFL set up and the control the mentally challengeds have. He still can't get them on our side because he is not a leader.

The likes of Cormack & Budge would be with us on issues, if we had any sort of leadership. But they aren't going to side with a weak man.

Its pitiful.

Surely the fairest way is that if both teams agree then postpone the games otherwise the games have to be played.

With AFCON confirmed as going ahead tonight together with being in Europe after Christmas then our hands are tied.

Sporting integrity demands that our games go ahead.

Surely the fairest way is that if both teams agree then postpone the games otherwise the games have to be played.

With AFCON confirmed as going ahead tonight together with being in Europe after Christmas then our hands are tied.

Sporting integrity demands that our games go ahead.
100% this.

Personally I think people saying it’s not a vote are talking nonsense. It might be an informal chat and the SPFL then decides if it goes further to a formal vote. The SPFL were never given authority on COVID rules by the clubs themselves.

If this all happens as we think and we drop points in any games that are rescheduled and those points cost us the league then it’s fine to Chuck the whole thing in this country

Putting that aside no football for a month is utterly depressing

Is there any news of what actually going on? As far as I’m aware the games will be payed from the JRG SFA statement. Is that now not the case?

The dye has been cast for the rest of the season, IMO. No full stadiums for the remaining matches this season. Wee Nippy has spoken.

Personally I think people saying it’s not a vote are talking nonsense. It might be an informal chat and the SPFL then decides if it goes further to a formal vote. The SPFL were never given authority on COVID rules by the clubs themselves.
Yeah, I remember that now.

It's something that the SPFL asked for and were resolutely denied by the clubs, because of how badly they fucked up the 2019-20 season.

Then they put out a huffy PR piece after the vote.

Then again, they might just ignore the rules. They've already tried that over the Cinch deal this season, so why not do it again?

And therein lies the problem. Other clubs have been right on to it issuing statements and getting on tv and radio. Meanwhile our MD has radio silence. We are now on the back foot and anything we now say will look bitter
This highlights an issue with our media strategy tbh. Why would media have us on or ask us for our view when they’re not a media partner? They’ll happily just put out the other side without reply.

I despise Sturgeon, but it is not her stopping games being played and fixtures fulfilled. There is no reason to cancel games, none whatsoever. The League is being postponed because Celtc want it postponed.
No crowds and no money not an issue at all then? They may be under the delusion that crowds could be back again after the shutdown. Obviously thats pish and we’ve all complied our way further towards teams going bust.

Reactions: BWO
No, it really would not.

What is it he does that is excellent for you?

The fact he has been in a position of 'power' for years now and made little difference says it all. There are plenty clubs who dislike the SFA/SPFL set up and the control the mentally challengeds have. He still can't get them on our side because he is not a leader.

The likes of Cormack & Budge would be with us on issues, if we had any sort of leadership. But they aren't going to side with a weak man.

Its pitiful.
No it is because there are, in your words, plenty of clubs who dislike the SFA/SPFL set up BUT who also dislike Rangers FC and there is no way that is just down to Stewart Robertson !

A soon as £25m CL money was on the table for next season we knew they’d pull every trick in the book to get their talons on it.
Wonder what else they have up their sleeves…
They aren't really a football club. It's like some kind of quasi-religious/political cult. They certainly won't be able to win it fairly on the pitch given the levels between each side so they will try to manoeuvre their way to the title off it.

No crowds and no money not an issue at all then? They may be under the delusion that crowds could be back again after the shutdown. Obviously thats pish and we’ve all complied our way further towards teams going bust.

Just like when the SPFL blackmailed clubs with no money unless they voted to end the season early and hand Celtc a title, they'll now be doing similar again if clubs don't agree to a postponement. No postponement, no money.

There’s absolutely nothing we can do to the stop this . Zilch . Every club in the league bar us can’t afford to lose the revenue . Cormack from sheep I said their 2 home games behind closed doors could cost them 750k. Every other team in the league knows their league position will be in effected by an early break . No players on international duty and main rivals don’t have massive injury’s . We are absolutely on our own and completely f’ed
The thing is after this break nothing is going to change as it will be BCD only team benefitting is the mhanks you could see their influence full throttle to get this through so they can regroup get signings in and players back, that clown Burrows spouting games can be played in Feb however for us we have europa league games we are already thursday, sunday

They aren't really a football club. It's like some kind of quasi-religious/political cult. They certainly won't be able to win it fairly on the pitch given the levels between each side so they will try to manoeuvre their way to the title off it.

They'll be quite happy with a fixture pile up, will give them another opportunity to award themselves the league if they somehow get their noses in front.

Back