Arfield for Canada in World Cup – 5 Others May Also Be On International Duty

HIHI

Rumours that he has made himself available again for the Canucks!
Playing in WC is the pinnacle for a footballer but some here would say Gers comes first as they pay his wages.
Thoughts?

Qualifiers from 28th Jan to 3rd Feb.

Means he would miss OF.

Means scum will be loving the change of date now.

He’s out of contract, so might not be our issue.

All we can do is go on previous - last time he went to a tournament, he was utterly shite for the succeeding 6 months for us.

I don’t think he can manage it and do us justice.
I think he’ll be offered an extension mate .Hopefully if that’s offered ,he retires from international football

I would be irritated if he decided he was going to take part in those World Cup qualifiers.
Clive just said in commentary that Arfield might be playing in those qualifiers and also there’s a risk the Alfie is selected for Colombia

At his age I don’t think Gio or the club would stop him going to a World Cup if selected

Would rather he didn’t play in the qualifier though, should put the Old Firm first

Would never criticise a player for wanting to play at an international tournament, I imagine he’ll want to play and potentially captain them.

We could really struggle for quality on February 2nd. Balogun, Aribo, Bassey (if he gets a late call-up), Morelos, Roofe and Arfield all potentially missing.

Will be really disappointed if Morelos, Roofe and Arfield are called up and choose to not play the Old Firm game.

Aribo, Balogun, Roofe, Morelos and Arfield all potentially away. Need to hope the latter two don’t get called up and the former two are knocked out early. Think if Roofe is fit, he’ll be away.

We could really struggle for quality on February 2nd. Balogun, Aribo, Bassey (if he gets a late call-up), Morelos, Roofe and Arfield all potentially missing.

Will be really disappointed if Morelos, Roofe and Arfield are called up and choose to not play the Old Firm game.
Is there any ruling on the amount of players away on international duty that would allow us to ask for a postponement?

He’s out of contract, so might not be our issue.

All we can do is go on previous - last time he went to a tournament, he was utterly shite for the succeeding 6 months for us.

I don’t think he can manage it and do us justice.
He’s our issue if he misses the OF.

Surely if we have six away on international duty then we can get the game postponed.

I’m sure the authorities wouldn’t want to favour the scum.

Is there any ruling on the amount of players away on international duty that would allow us to ask for a postponement?
Three players. But it’s not going to be granted because Doncaster has already said there are no more availabilities in the fixture calendar for rescheduling.

Tbf scum should have the diving cheat and the rest of their new Japanese signings out, Rogic and potentially Carter Vickers out for the same reasons.

Club football should take precedence over international football, this business of countries being able to take players away from clubs when they are due to play competitive games is nonsense, it is the wrong way around.

He was their captain, would suggest the set up rated him quite highly :))
It might just have been someone trying the old we're better off without him anyway routine.

The trusty Wikipedia page says that Gerrard said he retired but then he said it was up to coach, and that he was called up to the Gold Cup squad originally but never made the cut.

That doesn't suggest they're massively keen to be fair.

Aribo, Balogun, Roofe, Morelos and Arfield all potentially away. Need to hope the latter two don’t get called up and the former two are knocked out early. Think if Roofe is fit, he’ll be away.
How does it work with international call ups?

Can players simply say they don’t want to be selected? I remember us ending up with Lafferty suspended after he missed an NI call up

They’ve orchestrated it deliberately.
Clive in commentary saying we could also be without the 3 Nigerians, Alfie & Roofe if called up

Bassey not been called up. So TBH, if we want to utilise the G7 rule we need more to be called up. We then need to be in the press first talking about how it takes away the spectacle of the prestiges OF game.

They’ve orchestrated it deliberately.
Clive in commentary saying we could also be without the 3 Nigerians, Alfie & Roofe if called up

They will maybe miss Japanese, Rogic.

Not a huge issue for them. I even think that the Japanese manager has stated he won't pick European based players.

We will lose 2 Nigerians (Bassey never made squad), Alfie, Arfield and Roofe. Then hope none in the squad have covid.

Kent, Wright, Sakala, Halifax, Davis, Kamara, Tav, Borna, Goldson and Fil should be more than enough against them.

Disappointing but we shouldn't lose with that team.

Nothing they can do if they are called up. If they refuse to go their countries will go to FIFA who will enforce a ban on playing for the club.

Not a huge issue for them. I even think that the Japanese manager has stated he won't pick European based players.

We will lose 2 Nigerians (Bassey never made squad), Alfie, Arfield and Roofe. Then hope none in the squad have covid.

Kent, Wright, Sakala, Halifax, Davis, Kamara, Tav, Borna, Goldson and Fil should be more than enough against them.

I think I'm well versed on our squad but who the f.ck is Halifax?!

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Simpson Barisic

Davis Kamara Lundstram

Hagi Sakala Kent

Excluding injuries that's out worst case scenario in terms of call ups. Still more than enough to turn that rotten lot over.

Nothing they can do if they are called up. If they refuse to go their countries will go to FIFA who will enforce a ban on playing for the club.
I’m suggesting more a conversation with Morelos in particular, because we know he won’t be starting for Colombia and unlikely to even feature off the bench. We need him for the scum.

With Roofe, a conversation to say, look we have nursed you through your last injury. Let’s not risk another one with a series of long haul flights.

With the others I can understand not standing in their way at all but Morelos and Roofe for me should have a decision to make at least.

It might just have been someone trying the old we're better off without him anyway routine.

The trusty Wikipedia page says that Gerrard said he retired but then he said it was up to coach, and that he was called up to the Gold Cup squad originally but never made the cut.

That doesn't suggest they're massively keen to be fair.
The whole “has he/will he” thing about his retirement was strange, as you said it was very ambiguous.

Three players.

If this scenario arises we will be requesting postponements

We can only request, Doncaster has already made noises that there’s no room to move fixtures. They're always 1 step ahead of us

I believe that that was in reference to another set of fixtures and not what is now a vital set of World Cup qualifiers.

I’m suggesting more a conversation with Morelos in particular, because we know he won’t be starting for Colombia and unlikely to even feature off the bench. We need him for the scum.

With Roofe, a conversation to say, look we have nursed you through your last injury. Let’s not risk another one with a series of long haul flights.

With the others I can understand not standing in their way at all but Morelos and Roofe for me should have a decision to make at least.
Morelos is on the fringes of their squad so he’ll never turn down a call up.

You're missing the point. If they get the call and don't go they can't play for us anyway.

Qualifiers from 28th Jan to 3rd Feb.

Means he would miss OF.

Means scum will be loving the change of date now.
That was the whole idea mate the OF will not get cancelled that was the reason St Mirren , & now Dundee game were not cancelled so they can use that as a marker if that is the case we should lawyer up , we will go their a weakened team our biggest miss will be Aribo .

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Simpson Barisic

Davis Kamara Lundstram

Hagi Sakala Kent

Excluding injuries that's out worst case scenario in terms of call ups. Still more than enough to turn that rotten lot over.
You’ve missed out Bassey and Helander, also Wright.

A front three of Wright, Sakala and Kent is a frightening thought in an away game against that lot. Imagine those three bearing down on their goal on the counter.

You’ve missed out Bassey and Helander, also Wright.

A front three of Wright, Sakala and Kent is a frightening thought in an away game against that lot. Imagine those three bearing down on their goal on the counter.
Working on the assumption Bassey gets a last minute call up and Helander isn't fit enough

Back