Villa linked with Kamara according to sky sports app

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
Whilst this doesn't really surprise me, I'm hoping it's lazy journalism as I feel Glen is a vital player for us in a very important season

I'm hoping we resist selling any key players in January unless crazy money is offered and we are able to bring in a suitable replacement but that's a gamble as no shoe in that any new player will hit the ground running.

I'm hoping any business is to offload any player Gio doesn't rate or any that aren't really contributing and any incoming we'd obviously have to trust Gio and his judgement.

We are in a decent position and playing well and could do without further disruption after the shitebags changed the winter break.

Last edited:
It's 4 months from January to May.

Convince these players to stay and win this title and then assure them we won't be difficult to deal with in the summer if they want to move on.

By then a lot of the squad will have won 2 SPFL titles, we have to be realistic that there's more out there for players.

Plus, it will allow Gio to build his own team.

Convince these players to stay and win this title and then assure them we won't be difficult to deal with in the summer if they want to move on.

By then a lot of the squad will have won 2 SPFL titles, we have to be realistic that there's more out there for players.

I hope we can do that. 4 months is a lot of money on EPL wages so would tempt any player.

Kamara is playing extremely well just now and key to our success.

I'd imagine the 4 main ones - Kamara, Kent, Aribo and Alfie are going nowhere until the summer.

Patterson or Hagi is my guess for any potential January sale.

I fear some folk truly won't appreciate what Kamara gives us until he's gone.

You just need to watch him closely in games and the areas that he takes the ball on in, moves his body and there's comfortably a good pass on for us because of it.

In tight areas he keeps possession for us allowing the others to pick up their positions and retain our shape.

and I say all that as someone who never really seen the fuss in him at Dundee and was really underwhelmed when we signed him, but now he's someone we must keep in January at all costs.

By all means if come the summer a team from the EPL or Italy come in and throw 15 or 20-million at us then I'd expect us to honour our side of the deal with him (as per the suggested terms of the new contract he signed a few months ago)

I’m loving Glen in his new role under Gio.

He’s risen to the added responsibility that he has been given.

Looking at Villa squad I don’t think that’s a position they are short in.

I’d say Kent is the most likely to be on Gerrard’s list and they don’t have many options in his role.

I'd imagine the 4 main ones - Kamara, Kent, Aribo and Alfie are going nowhere until the summer.

Money talks, and of the right amount is offered, any of our players are off, but only if it’s the right money. Ross Wilson already said we don’t have to sell but clubs can get drain January and players have a premium on them.

It's still an enormous rebuild in the summer but it's now being done by a new manager looking to build his own team and create a legacy, not a manager bored and in the huff at having his team broken up.

That's massive.

Unfortunately we are going to have more of this speculation over the coming weeks. Kamara, Aribo, Kent etc. Hope we can keep them all until the summer at least.

Would be a blow as I think he has started improving again under Gio. This role he has as the only sitter in the midfield has been great to watch.

That said if we could get top dollar for him and regenerate the starting eleven it may be a good opportunity to start building Gio’s team. For me it would need to be £15M plus for GK.

Those would be the logical sale options that would cause the squad and first XI minimum immediate impact. That said it would be a shame to lose Patterson and we’d have no right back back-up option. Hagi would be my first choice to go. He’s a trier and has a great footballing brain, but not quick enough and gives the ball away cheaply too much in trying what he tries.

My concern is that, due to being privy to contract negotiations, Gerrard knows the minimum that we will sell our players at and that's what he will bid.

Agree. The "top 4" would need a bid of 20+ in January. Would rather hold them until the summer and secure 56. Losing Hagi and/or Paterson for 10-15 would make sense from a football and business perspective.

This is the one I have always feared will happen just because of how little we got him for and the potential profit , signing him on an enhanced deal hopefully ensured we get what we expect for him

He’s a class act ,would stroll into that villa team especially when the boy who plays CDM is now out with a long term injury , a minimum profit of £24,950,000 is not too shabby

Hopefully comes in the summer but if it is an offer around that region he will be off I think

The reality is every one of our players is available for the right price assuming he agrees to leave. That's the position we are in as a club and the league we play in. If people are leaving then my only hope is it's early in the window giving us the cash and the time to get replacements.

I fear some folk truly won't appreciate what Kamara gives us until he's gone.

You just need to watch him closely in games and the areas that he takes the ball on in, moves his body and there's comfortably a good pass on for us because of it.

In tight areas he keeps possession for us allowing the others to pick up their positions and retain our shape.

and I say all that as someone who never really seen the fuss in him at Dundee and was really underwhelmed when we signed him, but now he's someone we must keep in January at all costs.

By all means if come the summer a team from the EPL or Italy come in and throw 15 or 20-million at us then I'd expect us to honour our side of the deal with him (as per the suggested terms of the new contract he signed a few months ago)
This is everything to me.
It’s one thing that we want the “model” to work and be seen to be working but selling our best talents when there is a league to win and a Euromillions jackpot as a prize, I’m left wondering about the business sense of selling.

I said in the transfer thread that as soon as Nakamba was ruled out for injury (three months) this link had an air of inevitability about it.

Personally I think it’s nailed on. Villa will almost certainly come in for him. I just hope it’s a fair price. £18m would be fair and would allow us to bring in a replacement and maybe one other player whilst banking over £10m.

Every player we have has a price the club will accept.

We also need to remember the players thoughts as well. If they want to leave then no point having a unhappy player left until the summer. Better to sell and reinvest.

Back