Villa linked with Kamara according to sky sports app

This is everything to me.
It’s one thing that we want the “model” to work and be seen to be working but selling our best talents when there is a league to win and a Euromillions jackpot as a prize, I’m left wondering about the business sense of selling.

It's definitely an interesting dilemma. However, it's a dilemma we're paying the likes of RW big bucks to navigate accordingly.

The selling of Morelos for 18m to Lille last time around probably didn't make much sense from a purely footballing perspective but - and admittedly with a huge slice of hindsight - it absolutely did make business sense - and it's probably something we'll come to regret, as I doubt Alfie will ever command such a bid again. Who knows.

But there also has to be an element of risk attached to the selling of, say, a Kamara this January. The day he goes, the team instantly becomes weaker, however with the maximum fee secured - given his stock is currently very high and that we're in January, which tends to see asking prices inflated - we should have confidence that the management team and RW are able to take a portion of those funds and increase the overall strength of the team, in spite of Kamara's exit. Kamara leaving and the arrival of 3 quality players across the team could quite easily see us in a better position to push on in the second half of the season. Simply put, that's the risk based nature of a player trading model.

I think both the board, and certainly us fans, to this point, have been overly risk averse to losing our best talent, in fear that we don't adequately replace them and it costs us. Last year it was 55, this year it's automatic CL entry. I'm sure there will always be a reason to 'just hold onto them until the next window' at which point the next reason to keep them emerges.

On the back of an invincible league season, we saw no major bids for our assets. If a big one comes in the next few weeks for one of Kamara/Aribo/Kent etc - I think we're now at the precipice of having to take the leap of faith.

20m for Kamara? Take it.

Firstly I don’t want to see Glen going anywhere. But if Villa were to make an approach it would be interesting to see what their offer would be.
As we all know Gerrard’s thoughts on Rangers players valuations when he was with us.
If villa or anyone else in the EPL think he is good enough to play in their starting line up then what price would they put on that? If they bought him from france, spain or even portugal they wouldnt piss about with low ball offers. Not joking when i say that £20 million or get fuucked should be our response. And not till the summer.

I fear some folk truly won't appreciate what Kamara gives us until he's gone.

You just need to watch him closely in games and the areas that he takes the ball on in, moves his body and there's comfortably a good pass on for us because of it.

In tight areas he keeps possession for us allowing the others to pick up their positions and retain our shape.

and I say all that as someone who never really seen the fuss in him at Dundee and was really underwhelmed when we signed him, but now he's someone we must keep in January at all costs.

By all means if come the summer a team from the EPL or Italy come in and throw 15 or 20-million at us then I'd expect us to honour our side of the deal with him (as per the suggested terms of the new contract he signed a few months ago)
He’s my MOTM virtually every week.

If there are bidders for Kamara or Aribo in the transfer window then they will need to turn up with serious amounts of cash. Although playing in the SPFL, both are well enough known in England from our games in Europe and their international appearances.

Kamara is one of the most consistent players around just now, and Aribo seems to be getting better every game under GVB.

£20M for each of them minimum, with a sell on clause. Even then I think if a team bought them they would be getting bargains. They could play in any team in Europe just now and not look out of place. They would improve most teams.

Saying that I hope that both of them are around for a while yet.

Sorry mate but you are wrong. Nakamba has been ruled out for three months. They will 100% sign a defensive minded midfielder in January and Kamara is one who fits the bill really because he’d be an upgrade on Nakamba and Gerrard knows what he can do.
If he’s good enough for epl he’s 25m. Villa are a rich club atm

I fear some folk truly won't appreciate what Kamara gives us until he's gone.

You just need to watch him closely in games and the areas that he takes the ball on in, moves his body and there's comfortably a good pass on for us because of it.

In tight areas he keeps possession for us allowing the others to pick up their positions and retain our shape.

and I say all that as someone who never really seen the fuss in him at Dundee and was really underwhelmed when we signed him, but now he's someone we must keep in January at all costs.

By all means if come the summer a team from the EPL or Italy come in and throw 15 or 20-million at us then I'd expect us to honour our side of the deal with him (as per the suggested terms of the new contract he signed a few months ago)
If we are grown up to realise we are a selling club we have to realise that he will and must be sold. We can hope for summer but if an offer 100 times plus his purchase value( it’slikely it would be more) we have to take it and run. We can talk about important seasons but I don’t remember one that wasn’t.

If villa or anyone else in the EPL think he is good enough to play in their starting line up then what price would they put on that? If they bought him from france, spain or even portugal they wouldnt piss about with low ball offers. Not joking when i say that £20 million or get fuucked should be our response. And not till the summer.
You’re right, if Glen was playing for a club somewhere other than Scotland I don’t think EPL clubs would hesitate to fork out around £15 /20million. Plus, GK is only 26 so has still to hit his peak.
But let’s hope the so called interest is just media rumours.

Last edited:
Given the 'thief in the night'way that Gerrard left us,I have long suspected that he'd been in discussions with the board well before his exit.If that is the case, I also suspect that he's probably agreed to take some of our players for a reasonable price.That would ensure a bit more financial stability and also allow GVB to get in players of his choosing.

I thought his performance was an absolute master class yesterday
He was really good yesterday but still made 2 blunders that could have cost us, that being said it won't put clubs off him as he is a very talented player, as said previously Gérard will know what price his release is the only way we will get more is if 2 or more clubs come in for him, my worry though is losing Aribo who must be attracting a string of Premier league clubs at the moment as he is playing out of his skin.

It's definitely an interesting dilemma. However, it's a dilemma we're paying the likes of RW big bucks to navigate accordingly.

The selling of Morelos for 18m to Lille last time around probably didn't make much sense from a purely footballing perspective but - and admittedly with a huge slice of hindsight - it absolutely did make business sense - and it's probably something we'll come to regret, as I doubt Alfie will ever command such a bid again. Who knows.

But there also has to be an element of risk attached to the selling of, say, a Kamara this January. The day he goes, the team instantly becomes weaker, however with the maximum fee secured - given his stock is currently very high and that we're in January, which tends to see asking prices inflated - we should have confidence that the management team and RW are able to take a portion of those funds and increase the overall strength of the team, in spite of Kamara's exit. Kamara leaving and the arrival of 3 quality players across the team could quite easily see us in a better position to push on in the second half of the season. Simply put, that's the risk based nature of a player trading model.

I think both the board, and certainly us fans, to this point, have been overly risk averse to losing our best talent, in fear that we don't adequately replace them and it costs us. Last year it was 55, this year it's automatic CL entry. I'm sure there will always be a reason to 'just hold onto them until the next window' at which point the next reason to keep them emerges.

On the back of an invincible league season, we saw no major bids for our assets. If a big one comes in the next few weeks for one of Kamara/Aribo/Kent etc - I think we're now at the precipice of having to take the leap of faith.

20m for Kamara? Take it.
Yes, 20m for Kamara would probably see him gone. Without an adequate replacement coming in Rangers would obviously be diminished in terms of midfield quality. The real issue at stake then is how not having Kamara would impact our chances of retaining the league

I wonder if Gerrard will come in for any of criticism that other Scottish managers came in for when they moved to England and plundered Scotland for players. I can remember Souness getting it tight for pinching Boumsong and Ferguson.

It’s going to be a tough balancing act for the board.
There is a £30m pot of gold at the end of the season and the temptation would be to gamble to get that with the current squad.
However, we still have a big financial gap to plug this season and if a £20m bid comes in for Aribo, Kent,Kamara or Morelos this window, I suspect at least one of them will be away.
I think Leeds will come back in for Kent but he might not go there now as that looks like a relegation battle.
I am concerned that an EPL team, possibly Villa, will offer us £5m for Goldson
I think we will be offered £12m by Everton for Patterson and am hoping an Italian team come in for Hagi!!
There is also a danger that Borna will be the subject of a bid.
That might not work out too bad if Bassey does not go to Afcon,
The good news in all of this is that no doubt Gio’s team will have eyes on good replacements.
Although no one wants to see major surgery midterm, if a couple go and a couple of good replacements come in then all should be well.

If we are grown up to realise we are a selling club we have to realise that he will and must be sold. We can hope for summer but if an offer 100 times plus his purchase value( it’slikely it would be more) we have to take it and run. We can talk about important seasons but I don’t remember one that wasn’t.
Its not being grown up selling our best players and sabotaging our chance of winning a massive champions league windfall. Thats being a bit daft frankly. No one is saying dont sell him ever. We are saying dont sell him now. Money wise this season is more important than any other , probably ever.

His purchase value probably doesn't have much relevance, but I think I can say with a degree of confidence that a bid of anything less than 300 times that figure won't be considered.

20m for Kamara? Take it.
If Morelos continues to slim down under the guidance of GVB and Makaay and shows up well against Dortmund and then starts being more prolific during the run in then he will certainly push his price up to at least that value again!! Of that I’m sure!!!

My concern is that, due to being privy to contract negotiations, Gerrard knows the minimum that we will sell our players at and that's what he will bid.
I’d imagine that in that situation he would be politely told to fück off.

It will be if the vultures are circling for Kamara

They have Mcginn who's is attracting intrest form bigger sides , Luiz and the young lad Ramsey as their middle 3.

Sanson hasn't set the world alight since his move and El Ghazi looks to have fallen out of favour with new management.

Kent on the other hand would have to compete with

Watkins who plays wide most of the time , Bailey who was a recent 20 mill plus signing, Buendia and Traore who's just back form injury
Watkins plays through the middle mostly

Whilst this doesn't really surprise me, I'm hoping it's lazy journalism as I feel Glen is a vital player for us in a very important season

I'm hoping we resist selling any key players in January unless crazy money is offered and we are able to bring in a suitable replacement but that's a gamble as no shoe in that any new player will hit the ground running.

I'm hoping any business is to offload any player Gio doesn't rate or any that aren't really contributing and any incoming we'd obviously have to trust Gio and his judgement.

We are in a decent position and playing well and could do without further disruption after the shitebags changed the winter break.
Sky Sports App you say ? Did you mean Neil Doncaster TV ?

It would be no surprise if Gerrard has interest in a couple of our players

He’s no longer the draw in recruitment in a league where money rules the roost….players he has built up a relationship with will be the low hanging fruit

Like what’s been previously posted he better appreciate Glens value to us or he can ruck right off

Gerard days he wants to work with ‘elite’ footballers. Elite pricing is your starting point stevie.

This is a quote he made that a lot of people are overlooking in discussions on who Gerrard might come back for.

It makes me think there won't be many. I would suspect only Kent or Aribo.

I don't know how many of the players picked up on it either and it may impact on their willingness to follow him.

20 million isn’t enough and your right it has to be the summer.

This is a quote he made that a lot of people are overlooking in discussions on who Gerrard might come back for.

It makes me think there won't be many. I would suspect only Kent or Aribo.

I don't know how many of the players picked up on it either and it may impact on their willingness to follow him.
Must admit if I was a player for Rangers after seeing that quote I’d have been upset and gone all out to prove him wrong and that I was as good as anyone at Villa. Wouldn’t be surprised if it has actually unintentionally motivated some of our guys.

Keep all our players till the end of the season and most of us are confident that would ensure us the league, sell any in jan especially regulars in the starting 11 and our hope's diminish to the point we might not win the league. It's a massive gamble if it all goes wrong and we cant afford to be giving them a head start again with £30+ million next season.

I'd imagine the 4 main ones - Kamara, Kent, Aribo and Alfie are going nowhere until the summer.

Patterson or Hagi is my guess for any potential January sale.
If we get big offers for any of the 4 main players, good luck trying to convince a player to stay for an extra 4 months when they know they’ll be able to immediately double their wage at least by moving to England

Agree with this. We signed an “EPL level player” in the summer and some had him walking into our team in centre mid. He’s a decent player but nowhere near Kamara. Kamara has incredible technique and the athleticism of a top level player. He’ll be a huge miss when we lose him.

If we get big offers for any of the 4 main players, good luck trying to convince a player to stay for an extra 4 months when they know they’ll be able to immediately double their wage at least by moving to England
Nobody turns down an offer to double their money and play at the top level these days.

Hands off until summer, unfortunately could see him and Aribo going. They have such good chemistry, would be brutal if we lost one or both in Jan

Let's face it ,it will depend on the size of the bid for each individual player.
Right now I'd say Aribos stock is higher than any of our players,which combined with the winter premium would push his price towards £25m right now. Not saying we get that because I don't reckon we get that level of bid

I thought we weren't doing refunds for Covid-hit fixtures that the fans can't attend?

Obviously there's some match-day revenue we won't see with only 500 in attendance, but I wouldn't think things would be that bad, surely?
I can’t say for certain but last years losses were largely attributed to no fans, lack of hospitality etc. and we’d still paid our season ticket monies up front.
I’ve just guessed it would be similar this season.

I'd sell Kamara before Kent and Aribo but I get your point in terms of the contracts.
Agree with that. Great player Glen is, Steve Davis/Ryan Jack can fill the role. Aribo/Kent are flair players which are difficult to replace.

Has excelled in that number 6 role under GVB and is probably his best position. If he goes and I wouldn't be surprised due to his form we need decent money to sign a replacement. Anything over £20 million and he's away probably £18m with add-ons. We can't have another Goldson situation and need to start selling players when their stock is high. I think Gerrard will come in for him all depends on what the offer is.

20m for Kamara? Take it.
Could never say “no” to that type of money.
Half to the manager half to running the club.
We should easily improve more than one position with that, probably even less.

I thought his performance was an absolute master class yesterday

Agreed, his two sloppy moments in the final minutes apart, he gave a sitting midfielder master class, admittedly against an utterly defensive minded St Mirren.

Fair too say that Gio fancies the younger legs of Glen over the elderly Steve Davis for the sole sitting midfield role and he is revelling in the responsibility.

Given the 'thief in the night'way that Gerrard left us,I have long suspected that he'd been in discussions with the board well before his exit.If that is the case, I also suspect that he's probably agreed to take some of our players for a reasonable price.That would ensure a bit more financial stability and also allow GVB to get in players of his choosing.

Can't imagine us selling our players cheaply. We haven't sold a player for any decent money in more than a decade and therefore we have to lay down a marker that we will not sell our crown jewels cheaply.

And as you say we cannot overlook the fact that the club needs big money, both to help bring financial stability and also to sign a replacement, therefore would cause outrage amung our fans if we sell cheaply to SG's Villa - milk the rich, they can afford it (and we need it).

He was really good yesterday but still made 2 blunders that could have cost us, that being said it won't put clubs off him as he is a very talented player, as said previously Gérard will know what price his release is the only way we will get more is if 2 or more clubs come in for him, my worry though is losing Aribo who must be attracting a string of Premier league clubs at the moment as he is playing out of his skin.

Wouldn't say they were blunders, they were careless moments in the final minutes, simply because when a side are in so much control these things can happen.

Convinced one of the conditions of Steven Gerrard leaving so amicably was that he confirmed he wanted certain players and the fees to be paid at the minimum would be the figures he had agreed they would be sold for when he was manager and possibly the “dream” figures they would love to get.

No inside info. Just a hunch.

Back