Villa linked with Kamara according to sky sports app

Looking at Villa squad I don’t think that’s a position they are short in.

I’d say Kent is the most likely to be on Gerrard’s list and they don’t have many options in his role.
Villa paid a big fee in the summer to take Bailey from Leverkusen. He plays in the same position as Kent. I think the most likely destination for Kent, if he were to leave, would be a team that is newly promoted to the EPL or who have just escaped relegation from it. Those clubs tend to look after the money they have and might have good players who move to higher placed clubs and then need to replace them. For example, Burnley might lose Dwight McNeil - talented left winger - and may see Kent as a similar replacement.

Defo - likewise the folk that think we should sell Goldson for 2 or 3 million in January because he's not signed a new contract.

We don't need a couple of million in right away that badly.

If our investors/share holders/directors were all maxed out and the bank was calling debts in and we had a serious shortfall to see out the season due to it then absolutely, fair enough. But that's not the case.
That’s my only concern just now, that if crowds don’t get back in, there will be a shortfall in predicted income and we might need to sell quicker than planned.

I’d say Kent is the most likely to be on Gerrard’s list and they don’t have many options in his role.
Sorry mate but you are wrong. Nakamba has been ruled out for three months. They will 100% sign a defensive minded midfielder in January and Kamara is one who fits the bill really because he’d be an upgrade on Nakamba and Gerrard knows what he can do.

I'd argue the opposite. Possibly Villa's weakest area of the park, whereas in attack they have the likes of Watkins, Bailey, Ramsey, Traore, El Ghazi etc who can all play wide (not all as good as Kent granted).

Either way I'd hope we wouldn't sell anyone key in January, although we have to expect some movement in the summer.

I fear some folk truly won't appreciate what Kamara gives us until he's gone.

You just need to watch him closely in games and the areas that he takes the ball on in, moves his body and there's comfortably a good pass on for us because of it.

In tight areas he keeps possession for us allowing the others to pick up their positions and retain our shape.

and I say all that as someone who never really seen the fuss in him at Dundee and was really underwhelmed when we signed him, but now he's someone we must keep in January at all costs.

By all means if come the summer a team from the EPL or Italy come in and throw 15 or 20-million at us then I'd expect us to honour our side of the deal with him (as per the suggested terms of the new contract he signed a few months ago)
If we sell anyone in january then Kamara should be the absolute last. He could play for any team in the EPL and any fee we get should reflect that, but not till the summer.

This is everything to me.
It’s one thing that we want the “model” to work and be seen to be working but selling our best talents when there is a league to win and a Euromillions jackpot as a prize, I’m left wondering about the business sense of selling.
There is no business sense in selling Kamara now, thats for sure. Patterson would be a different matter if a decent offer came in.

I'd imagine the 4 main ones - Kamara, Kent, Aribo and Alfie are going nowhere until the summer.

Patterson or Hagi is my guess for any potential January sale.
Nathan Patterson could well be the one sold as we already phage Tav who’s our captain. Be sorry to see him go but I’d imagine he’s the one that could raise substantial money and would do least harm to our starting 11.

Whilst this doesn't really surprise me, I'm hoping it's lazy journalism as I feel Glen is a vital player for us in a very important season

I'm hoping we resist selling any key players in January unless crazy money is offered and we are able to bring in a suitable replacement but that's a gamble as no shoe in that any new player will hit the ground running.

I'm hoping any business is to offload any player Gio doesn't rate or any that aren't really contributing and any incoming we'd obviously have to trust Gio and his judgement.

We are in a decent position and playing well and could do without further disruption after the shitebags changed the winter break.
The can be linked all they want if they don't meet the money we want for him he stays the only worry I have is that we may have put low buy out clauses on our player's , like 3 & 5 million for Kamara , Barasic , Aribo because we bought them for small fees has anybody any idea what the buy out clauses are on these player's.

I think Aribo and Kamara and Kent will be the ones to worry about leaving in January.
Patterson going will be the least likely to affect the team so would be the obvious choice to go.
Patterson, Hagi and Barisic are all players I think who can leave without weakening us to the extent where the league could be at risk.

Not only is he too god for a Villa, being shunted out to the left of a 3 again under Gerrard is too good for him. No. 6 pivot and controlling games is where he is excelling to new heights.
He’s a Serie A player, top team Serie A would be perfect for his style

I know Kamara, Aribo and Goldson will be the clickbait this window, but I genuinely think Patterson and Hagi could move on to give GvB funds.

I thought we weren't doing refunds for Covid-hit fixtures that the fans can't attend?

Obviously there's some match-day revenue we won't see with only 500 in attendance, but I wouldn't think things would be that bad, surely?

Hospitality will need refunded, plus we will lose the ticket revenue from Dortmund plus any further European games if we progress, and any home games in the Scottish Cup. Plus we will likely need to give sponsorship rebates plus other lost revenue from matchday advertising and other income generated on match day.

We will be millions down. Its a shambles

Whilst this doesn't really surprise me, I'm hoping it's lazy journalism as I feel Glen is a vital player for us in a very important season

I'm hoping we resist selling any key players in January unless crazy money is offered and we are able to bring in a suitable replacement but that's a gamble as no shoe in that any new player will hit the ground running.

I'm hoping any business is to offload any player Gio doesn't rate or any that aren't really contributing and any incoming we'd obviously have to trust Gio and his judgement.

We are in a decent position and playing well and could do without further disruption after the shitebags changed the winter break.
Selling Kamara to Villa and Patterson to Everton could end up being one of the best things to ever happen to our club.

If we force out 35 million for the 2, that smashes the glass ceiling where they get top dollar and we sell on the cheap.

It means going forward clubs know they'll need to pay the going rate for our stars.

Wouldn't like to see him go.
But if there is any bright side to a sale, I'll take it.

I said in the transfer thread that as soon as Nakamba was ruled out for injury (three months) this link had an air of inevitability about it.

Personally I think it’s nailed on. Villa will almost certainly come in for him. I just hope it’s a fair price. £18m would be fair and would allow us to bring in a replacement and maybe one other player whilst banking over £10m.

I absolutely get the validity of your point Ozzy.

My concern is getting a replacement for Glen who has the skill set to do everything he’s doing for us in that new role.

His ability to cover across the whole park is excellent & his composure to stay on his feet & still win us back so much Possession is hard to find, allied to his mobility & touch.

I absolutely get the validity of your point Ozzy.

My concern is getting a replacement for Glen who has the skill set to do everything he’s doing for us in that new role.

His ability to cover across the whole park is excellent & his composure to stay on his feet & still win us back so much Possession is hard to find, allied to his mobility & touch.
Mate I totally agree with you and if it was my say Kamara would go nowhere until the summer. But if Villa make a bid I can see Kamara asking to leave because he clearly has a strong bond with Gerrard which was probably amplified after the Slavia Prague game.

Yeah. It's very unlikely any of our players will go straight to a top 6 side, but a few of them are definitely capable of reaching those levels.
I honestly reckon Kamara out of all our players could play for a top side in the EPL no problem. He would be good enough for say Arsenal or Spurs. Technically and with his awareness he could hold his own in those teams.

Selling Kamara to Villa and Patterson to Everton could end up being one of the best things to ever happen to our club.

If we force out 35 million for the 2, that smashes the glass ceiling where they get top dollar and we sell on the cheap.

It means going forward clubs know they'll need to pay the going rate for our stars.

Wouldn't like to see him go.
But if there is any bright side to a sale, I'll take it.
The best thing is to win the league we sell players like Kamara or Aribo in January we can forget being champions and the 30+ million that brings with it.

The best thing is to win the league we sell players like Kamara or Aribo in January we can forget being champions and the 30+ million that brings with it.
Would depend how many left. If it was only Aribo or Glen then I don’t think we could forget about retaining our title we would still be strong Favs.

The board would look upon knocking silly money back as a gamble and not many people make their kind of money by gambling.

You would also need to consider the reaction of the player to be denied a move to the riches of the EPL also. The last thing we want is someone going through the motions which could happen.

Mate I totally agree with you and if it was my say Kamara would go nowhere until the summer. But if Villa make a bid I can see Kamara asking to leave because he clearly has a strong bond with Gerrard which was probably amplified after the Slavia Prague game.

True.

I just think he’s adding to his skill range under Gio & hope he’s patient until Summer.

The guy has signed the new deal, so we have less commercial necessity to sell him, compared to Aribo or Kent ?

I actually think he went back a bit for a couple of games when Gio came in now I think he's back playing as well as he has for us.

He's a very clever player but absolutely lacks that killer instinct/confidence to take him to the next level I think SG was working hard on that.

I do think he is key for us but I do wonder if a serious offer comes in or if there is a trigger in his contract that we will do well to hold onto him IF he wants to go. Time will tell.

But if FF is right with the value of £25/30M then we've done unbelievably well I personally doubt we will see that type of fee. Hopefully we can keep the squad till the summer.

This’ll be the year that the final piece of the rebuilding job is done. We qualify for the Champions League and a number of players are sold for big big money. I’d expect us to take in at least £100m between sales and CL qualification. Rebuild and repeat.

True.

I just think he’s adding to his skill range under Gio & hope he’s patient until Summer.

The guy has signed the new deal, so we have less commercial necessity to sell him, compared to Aribo or Kent ?

I'd sell Kamara before Kent and Aribo but I get your point in terms of the contracts.

Gerrard know it will take 20/25M to secure him from us and Kamara will be a Champions League player in a few short months.

If Villa have that sort of money we can talk in May but if not Kamara will go to a bigger more successful club in England without any problems in the next few years.

True.

Yes, the only fear is that that contract may have some sort of release clause in it - and if so Gerrard will know what it is!

Likewise I’m hoping Kamara may want to play against Dortmund and potentially alert more suitors across Europe. My concern is also that Kamara and Aribo are as tight as thieves so if one goes I’m sure the other won’t be as content anymore.

This is why I’m hoping that if needs be and a player needs to be sold it is just one of Patterson, Hagi or Barisic which we can live with and potentially replace with just a couple million outlay.

Yes, the only fear is that that contract may have some sort of release clause in it - and if so Gerrard will know what it is!

Likewise I’m hoping Kamara may want to play against Dortmund and potentially alert more suitors across Europe. My concern is also that Kamara and Aribo are as tight as thieves so if one goes I’m sure the other won’t be as content anymore.

This is why I’m hoping that if needs be and a player needs to be sold it is just one of Patterson, Hagi or Barisic which we can live with and potentially replace with just a couple million outlay.

Yes, absolutely.

If we do need cash sooner than the Summer, I’d go with Nathan & Hagi too. We might squeeze 20m combined out of them ?

Borna ? I’m just not sure if the fee we would get at his age would be worth letting him go, but I may be wrong. He does seem to finally be getting over that back injury that’s plagued him since the Summer.

I am prepared for it. I think most are and understand that’s why the new deal was signed.

If he stays til the summer, excellent. If he goes now then it is what it is and I trust we will have someone lined up either in the short or long term to replace this window.

It will be if the vultures are circling for Kamara

They have Mcginn who's is attracting intrest form bigger sides , Luiz and the young lad Ramsey as their middle 3.

Sanson hasn't set the world alight since his move and El Ghazi looks to have fallen out of favour with new management.

Kent on the other hand would have to compete with

Watkins who plays wide most of the time , Bailey who was a recent 20 mill plus signing, Buendia and Traore who's just back form injury

Gerrard know it will take 20/25M to secure him from us and Kamara will be a Champions League player in a few short months.

If Villa have that sort of money we can talk in May but if not Kamara will go to a bigger more successful club in England without any problems in the next few years.
Mate if Teirney can go to Arsenal for 25 million I’d be looking at more for GK.

I fear some folk truly won't appreciate what Kamara gives us until he's gone.

You just need to watch him closely in games and the areas that he takes the ball on in, moves his body and there's comfortably a good pass on for us because of it.

In tight areas he keeps possession for us allowing the others to pick up their positions and retain our shape.

and I say all that as someone who never really seen the fuss in him at Dundee and was really underwhelmed when we signed him, but now he's someone we must keep in January at all costs.

By all means if come the summer a team from the EPL or Italy come in and throw 15 or 20-million at us then I'd expect us to honour our side of the deal with him (as per the suggested terms of the new contract he signed a few months ago)
I watched him in a game against that other lot and he stood out a mile the best midfielder on display.

Back