Dortmund away (if it happens)

There isn’t any mention of fans on here yet but this is useful for football/covid issues over there. It’s in German but anything regarding fans will go on there pretty quick, it’s a covid ticker:

Cheers for this. I am desperate to get to Germany to watch some Bundesliga so will put this link in my notes.

Actually had tickets for Mainz and Leverkusen games before Xmas even with the restricted attendances but having to get a test over there to get back into the U.K. made me cancel.

Fair play to you mate, my wee boy goes quite a lot but I wouldn’t dream of taking him on a Euro trip yet
Just be a ho,I day but throw in a trip to the game my rsc are there so going to be staying near them and they are going to take us through and back so shou be ok

Well as far as i have found online mate what i said seems to be the case at the moment. Hope it doesn’t change before the game as im not getting the booster and hoping for a daytrip. Fingers crossed loyal
Same here.

Spoke to a boy from Hamburg tonight and he says there's a covid meeting tomorrow. is expecting no fans at all being announced
Find that strange. Significant reductions in travel restrictions would be a positive sign. Similar to here where it’s looking like crowds will be allowed back after winter break I’d be expecting Germany to follow. If it’s that bad they can’t have crowds then why basically completely remove all travel restrictions?

Spoke to a boy from Hamburg tonight and he says there's a covid meeting tomorrow. is expecting no fans at all being announced
A meeting of who mate? The government or the german fa? Seems a bit premature to be announcing anything with 6 weeks to go still

Going over for the HSV Hanover game in May, praying that things are 'normal' by then

Still no booked anything have a few options if fans are allowed so will hold off and book last minute.

Can see this going ahead even if we dont get in the ground will be there for a jolly

Booked the B&B Dortmund City hotel.

Getting the train to Dortmund from hamburg on the Wednesday.

What's the general thoughts on whether to stay in Dortmund itself or Dusseldorf? Been to Dusseldorf a couple times before and it's great but reckon it'd be good to be based where most of our fans are.

Hoping for good news on fans soon.

Any update with the football crowd situation
Seems it is pretty accepted it stays without fans for a while:

Translated, was written yesterday:

This Hamburg way is absurd​

Comment after exclusion of viewers

That the two Hamburg professional clubs FC St. Pauli and Hamburger SV will have to play ghost games again in the future is absurd. A comment from kicker reporter Sebastian Wolff.

Corona and the spreading Omikron variant dictate everyday life in Hamburg, of course, professional sport must not play a special role in view of this critical situation. But no example should be made of him - and that is exactly what happened in the middle of the week with the new measures in the Hanseatic city.

Cross comparison: decision inconsistent​

Like the Bundesliga handball players and basketball players, HSV and St. Pauli have to play again only via tv, the Senate resolution that was announced before Christmas (and never applied) to allow 4,999 viewers in the open air was collected again with reference to the problematic travel.

Given the rising incidence, this may seem appropriate, but when compared with other events, it is not. In amateur sport, 1000 fans would still be allowed, 2000 guests are allowed in the Elbphilharmonie - with a total of 2100 seats, this corresponds to a capacity of 95 percent and is not only difficult to explain, but one thing above all: completely absurd.

Going to book my trip there next week havent decided to leave from edinburgh to hamburg with ryanair £48 or leave from manchester to hamburg £23 will be staying at a&o Hostel Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof from mon 14 to 18 friday

Found a train from hamburg to dusseldorf for £28 return & a return from dusseldorf to dortmumd for £28 , will be flying back to london on the friday from hamburg & get a flight from london to glasgow on saturday morning

So BCD for football and booster rewired to drink in bars? Not just 2 vaccines?
I was out there in late November. Few nights in Hamburg - had to show proof of vaccination and fill a form in whenever went in a bar, was a bit of a pain when going bar to bar to be honest, took 5/10 mins do this form depending on how busy it was and how strict they were. They have their own version of a track and trace app where you are scanned and straight in, think you need to be a German National for that. Could come down to whether the Bundesland Dortmund/Düsseldorf is applying them rules for that yet as we were also in Rostock same weekend (different Bundesland to Hamburg) and you didn’t have to do anything to get in bars other than wear a mask when moving about in them.

I was out there in late November. Few nights in Hamburg - had to show proof of vaccination and fill a form in whenever went in a bar, was a bit of a pain when going bar to bar to be honest, took 5/10 mins do this form depending on how busy it was and how strict they were. They have their own version of a track and trace app where you are scanned and straight in, think you need to be a German National for that. Could come down to whether the Bundesland Dortmund/Düsseldorf is applying them rules for that yet as we were also in Rostock same weekend (different Bundesland to Hamburg) and you didn’t have to do anything to get in bars other than wear a mask when moving about in them.
We have flights booked for Düsseldorf so if it's BCD we will just stay and drink there then fly home. Love Düsseldorf so if that's the case then will just be good to get the %^*& outta scotlanf for a few days.

We have flights booked for Düsseldorf so if it's BCD we will just stay and drink there then fly home. Love Düsseldorf so if that's the case then will just be good to get the %^*& outta scotlanf for a few days.
Aye, it’s not a great hassle them forms to be honest - just be handier if they aren’t needed really. Need these Germans to starting taking up the booster really so that will be knocked on the head.

Still dithering on whether to book up or not. Had a look this morning and seems difficult for some reason to land a direct flight to Düsseldorf. Are folk doing stopovers?

Be careful when booking into other countries, I had Holland booked and was getting the train from there, as it stands you need to quarentine in Holland regardless of vaccine status, I'm sure Belgium has similar rules.

I booked flights to Düsseldorf day of the draw for my son and myself so will see if we can attend the game. However, I think we will still go game or not as son has been going through a hard time recently and needs some cheering up.

Still plenty to see and do in Dortmund itself as well as cologne and Düsseldorf. Have a good time.

I booked flights to Düsseldorf day of the draw for my son and myself so will see if we can attend the game. However, I think we will still go game or not as son has been going through a hard time recently and needs some cheering up.

Can have a great couple of nights in Dusseldorf and watch the game in the pub.
Any word on crowds getting back in Germany?

Could perhaps do the stadium tour worst case scenario mate, sure your son would enjoy that. Plenty of teams in that region too.

Not sure of your sons age but this is right outside Dortmund Train Station and worth a look for any Football fan really:

Be careful when booking into other countries, I had Holland booked and was getting the train from there, as it stands you need to quarentine in Holland regardless of vaccine status, I'm sure Belgium has similar rules.
Our flights go through Amsterdam for Düsseldorf, will need to check this out before going ahead with it. Stupid to book up in all honesty but was just desperate to get away.

Our flights go through Amsterdam for Düsseldorf, will need to check this out before going ahead with it. Stupid to book up in all honesty but was just desperate to get away.
You are ok at the moment if you are only transiting through Holland. We are doing the same route.

If you’re not staying in Holland and just passing through, you’re exempt from quarantine. You need to state on quarantine declaration from that you’re exempt and have your train ticket that shows you’d be in the country for less than 12 hours.
From the Dutch government website:

Exemptions from mandatory quarantine

Stays of less than 12 hours.

People who will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 12 hours, regardless of the purpose of their stay in the very high-risk area.

Documents required

Quarantine declaration and ticket

Passengers travelling by public transport and other commercial passenger transport must have a ticket showing that they will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 12 hours.

If you’re not staying in Holland and just passing through, you’re exempt from quarantine. You need to state on quarantine declaration from that you’re exempt and have your train ticket that shows you’d be in the country for less than 12 hours.
From the Dutch government website:

Exemptions from mandatory quarantine

Stays of less than 12 hours.

People who will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 12 hours, regardless of the purpose of their stay in the very high-risk area.

Documents required

Quarantine declaration and ticket

Passengers travelling by public transport and other commercial passenger transport must have a ticket showing that they will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 12 hours.
Good find mate. Cheers!

Back