The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

£20m for chris wood ffs usual average player in that league going for huge money
He’s slightly above average for an EPL player and that’s a small fee nowadays.

Basically the tyoe of club interested could sign him for that and if he scores his usual goals keep themselves in the League which would be worth a lot lot more.

So really it’s a smart transfer, for the market in question

Reports saying Dundee want a scum defender on loan. Looks ad tjough this will be a trade off for dundee having to keep griffiths. Haha nae luck

Jamie McGrath available for £350k, that’s a a pretty good deal for the likes of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

I suspect the last player Hibs signed from St Mirren will be back in England in the next 18 months as well.

Jamie McGrath available for £350k, that’s a a pretty good deal for the likes of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

I suspect the last player Hibs signed from St Mirren will be back in England in the next 18 months as well.
Not for us obviously but the boys a very decent player, agree he would be a good signing for these teams.

Celtic probably too:)

Very decent player, hibs could punt Boyle and get him in plus a tidy profit.

He’s out of contract in the summer, is he not? No way they’d pay that for him in Jan.

£25m for Digne - Aston Villa.
It’s going to be an interesting end of season for Villa & Gerrard. The signings they are making are n’t being brought in for a mid table finish. Probably unrealistic now to finish in a European spot but if they don’t finish this season well and get off to a decent start next season the pressure will build quickly.

Riley McGree has apparently turned down celtic and is to have a medical at boro tomorrow
If true that is good news I think. Mainly because anything going wrong for them is good news but his stats are actually very promising for a player of his age playing in a rubbish team and I actually think he’d have done well in a team on the front foot all the time.

Last edited:
It’s going to be an interesting end of season for Villa & Gerrard. The signings they are making are n’t being brought in for a mid table finish. Probably unrealistic now to finish in a European spot but if they don’t finish this season well and get off to a decent start next season the pressure will build quickly.
How has their form been? Haven’t paid attention.

Trippier and Wood at the prices paid is pretty decent business for Newcastle TBF, been a decent bit of sense in what they are trying to achieve.

A CB is an absolute must for them
Gotta admire that forward planning for the Championship

Trippier and Wood at the prices paid is pretty decent business for Newcastle TBF, been a decent bit of sense in what they are trying to achieve.

A CB is an absolute must for them

Linked with Badiashile - he’s a young lad though.

Slightly surprised they’ve not looked at Goldson. Pennies (in there terms) would get him and he’s an upgrade on any thing they have at CB.

Prove me wrong?
Spending upwards of £25m on a 30 year old plodding type. Having a laugh.

The vast majority of their fans are pretty realistic about where they are, what they need and are likely to get at the moment.

Seems it is you who is a bit of a miss with reality here TBH.

The vast majority of their fans are pretty realistic about where they are, what they need and are likely to get at the moment.

Seems it is you who is a bit of a miss with reality here TBH.
Makes a change from their usual I guess.

Most of them online were cracking up and having a laugh about it from reports seen.

Uninspired start under their new regime is the common trait most observers in the media are saying. Howe will be gone in the summer if they somehow stay up.

Makes a change from their usual I guess.

Most of them online were cracking up and having a laugh about it from reports seen.

Uninspired start under their new regime is the common trait most observers in the media are saying. Howe will be gone in the summer if they somehow stay up.
Most fans online are complete fannies TBH

Likely Howe will be gone, they are going through the phases a club needs to go through when they first find finance, that's not some shock statement to say that.

£25m less than a player like Wan-Bisakka. Similar fee to what Newcastle are paying for Wood.

Digne is a fantastic player and Rafa Benitez should have buried the fall out and played him. Makes them (Everton) weaker.

i was more commenting on the madness of the EPL prices
Wan-Bisakka was more due to potential but its was an utterly ludicrous fee for someone who'd barely started his EPL career

and the money for Wood is up there with madness levels too

Back