would you accept gerrard at the legends game in March?

You mean the guy who secured 55 for us might not be accepted? If Gerrard is not welcome neither is Souness.
Souness played for us on the park aswell and turned us in a giant again always welcome a true club legend no doubt about it.

The majority of players playing for Rangers in the 'Legends' match will not be legends either.

I'll be honest it's totally random from the OP.

Gerrard wasn't a player for us so I'm not sure why he'd be invited back to play.

I'm personally over the whole thing now that the dust has settled but I don't think it would be the brightest idea. Maybe if we're 15 points clear.

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
No for me.

It's looking like Gerrard's departure came at the right time and I think we're set up better for the rest of the season because he moved on, so I'm past the stage of animosity towards Gerrard. But the proof of that is really us winning the league. So I think having him at the Legends game comes a bit too soon, but if he was there I would applaud him as the man who brought us 55, ended ten years of misery and destroyed them.

Love Gerrard. He returned us to where we belong. That should never be forgotten. He was always going to leave for England. Not ideal timing but we are in good shape and have a decent replacement in Gio. Time we moved on and looked back with fondness at Gerrard restoring our standards

He’s a Liverpool fan who needs a job in England before going to Anfield - was always going to leave.

He left after utterly stuffing Timmy.

He’s not a problem.

Villa is no doubt a stepping stone for his ultimate job in the EPL.

Rangers of course were a stepping stone, but it was a stepping stone that he loved. Any adrenalin rush he gets at Villa Park just doesn't compare. He knows that but needs must before Anfield.

Welcome back any time.

Absolute legend. Too many with short memories.

Rewind 4 years and we were pretty much in the grubber.

Nope. Gerrard was our manager not our player. It’s not like we have a shortage of legendary players we can call on.

Yes absolutely, whats the saying once a ranger always a ranger , i have no issue with gerrard leaving , he went to a better league and to be closer to his family , hes welcome at Ibrox anytime

He came in and changed the playing side of the club, setting standards and attracting players that might not otherwise have come.

He left and the timing was awful but the Gerrard era was more good than bad for the club and that is what matters most to me.

He delivered 55, arguably the most important title in our collective lifetimes.

So an unqualified yes for me.

Last edited:
No, whatever way you try and justify it the way he and his staff left rangers was pretty poor. No getting away from that.

He was "booed" whilst Rangers manager playing in a friendly so no doubt be mixed reception,without a doubt be welcome back anytime imo

Eh? How do you work that out?

Quite the opposite.

If Gio hadn't hit the ground running Gerrard would still be held responsible for leaving us in the lurch.

In response to the original question, yes happy to welcome him for the game.
GvB’s start as manager should have no bearing on how people view Gerrard. He had no idea who would replace him or how well they would do. He didn’t give a f*ck.

personally now the dust has settled, and the start Gio has had, I wish SG all the best and hope they all do well. It would look better on the job he did here if he was a success there.

If he was invited to play in the legends game in March though, I am not entirely sure how the support would take it, I have seen a few people still seem sour towards him on twitter and in whatsapp groups. Personally, I would like to see him get invited and, if I was able to make the game, would most certainly show my respects.
Do you think he'd bother,I have my doubts

Get him signed up. Looks like he left at the right time when the fire went out.

Listen to Robertson's interview with The Athletic podcast - Gerrard changed the Club and I think will go down as one of the most important appointments in our history.

While I'm not sure it qualifies him to play in this game, why anyone would boo him is beyond me. Truly tragic, if they did.

Back