International Call ups - Ours and Theirs

Aribo, Roofe, Morelos.

Why should we have to go to that dump without such quality just because the SPFL messed up big time to appease Celtic in first place?

If those 3 are missing, postpone. As to where the game fits in, not our problem. Hopefuly league is won by time they can get it in

Aribo, Roofe, Morelos.

Why should we have to go to that dump without such quality just because the SPFL messed up big time to appease Celtic in first place?

If those 3 are missing, postpone. As to where the game fits in, not our problem. Hopefuly league is won by time they can get it in
You can't postpone the 1 game. Its 3.... How are people not getting this?

So, as I predicted, they've lost Rogic and Maeda. They have Furuhashi and Turnbull injured - for now at least.

We've lost Morelos and, almost certainly, Aribo. Plus our own injuries.

Just need to hear the Jamaica squad. I don't think Roofe will be called up - and that would be a big relief, with Morelos away.

So, as I predicted, they've lost Rogic and Maeda. They have Furuhashi and Turnbull injured - for now at least.

Just need to hear the Jamaica squad. I don't think Roofe will be called up - and that would be a big relief, with Morelos away.
If we can get our injured players back and keep roofe then I’ll take that

Although nigeria being knocked out tomorrow would be the icing on the cake :))

If the American centre back is called up they will 100% try and get this fixture rearranged somehow.

If Nigeria lose tomorrow and I was an ex Lisbon lion I'd be locking the door and sleeping with a baseball bat under the pillow

Hes not in the squad

Also, Nigeria are going to the semi final at least.

As I’ve been saying for weeks… they don’t have enough internationals to get the game called off. All their cheerleaders and the likes of clyde1 etc trying to set a narrative of their players being away when the truth is they’ve either not been called up in years or are uncapped. It’s embarrassing!

It’s ironic now that it looks like Rangers will be the ones who decide if it should be called off or not.

I personally don’t want 3 games called off so I say bring them on. We’ll still smash them in their own midden.

As I’ve been saying for weeks… they don’t have enough internationals to get the game called off. All their cheerleaders and the likes of clyde1 etc trying to set a narrative of their players being away when the truth is they’ve either not been called up in years or are uncapped. It’s embarrassing!

It’s ironic now that it looks like Rangers will be the ones who decide if it should be called off or not.

I personally don’t want 3 games called off so I say bring them on. We’ll still smash them in their own midden.
Rogic and Maeda called up.

Hopefully, Roofe has had a word with them.

He is just coming back from injury, and Jamaica can't qualify.

To round up, Maeda and Rogic called up for them so will be missing.

They’ve totally mismanaged Kyogo’s injury and he looks to be out for the foreseeable. Turnbull will be out too.

Carter Vickers getting called up would be a nice bonus too.

Hopefully, Roofe has had a word with them.

He is just coming back from injury, and Jamaica can't qualify.
Didnt realise Jamaica cannot qualify. In which case they should be reasonable and look at the big picture regards calling him up now and his recent injury situation plus the stress of long haul travel.

To round up, Maeda and Rogic called up for them so will be missing.

They’ve totally mismanaged Kyogo’s injury and he looks to be out for the foreseeable. Turnbull will be out too.

Carter Vickers getting called up would be a nice bonus too.
The USA squad is already out, neither Sands or Carter Vickers got called up, so the tims won't have enough away to request postponements.

Despite the stories the last week or two of them missing 5 plus players from their squad of world class internationalists, only 2 have made the cut.

Shock.

I dont personally get this argument if it is what the club decide. I back our full squad to beat Ross County and Livi, as well as Celtic whenever those games need to be crammed in. I think that is a calculate risk definitely worth taking.

I dont, however, think making the conscious decision to go to parkhead missing our best players in a league worth 40m is anything close to a risk worth taking.
In what way is it a risk worth taking? The players we lose will be more important than the ones Celtic lose through call ups. We also have a number of injuries/ players getting fit after injury on top of any who are away on international duty.
As the squad would stand after potential call-ups, the games v Livvi and County would be far from foregone conclusions and anyone who thinks we would beat Celtic at the piggery is either suffering from a severe dose of misplaced arrogance, worryingly deluded or both.

Didnt realise Jamaica cannot qualify. In which case they should be reasonable and look at the big picture regards calling him up now and his recent injury situation plus the stress of long haul travel.

I didn’t know that either-If that’s true, then calling him up would be quite ridiculous.
Whilst I’m sure Jamaica don’t really care about Rangers potential personnel issues, the fact is we give them an asset who returns home weaker which is detrimental to the club.

We don’t complain, we don’t say he’s injured, we send him with our blessing.

If they can’t do us a turn for one of our biggest matches of the season over a dead rubber international then I’ll be seriously unhappy and I would expect the player to have already voiced similar to his country informally already.

Jamaica can qualify.

They are 7 points behind with 6 games left.

In what way is it a risk worth taking? The players we lose will be more important than the ones Celtic lose through call ups. We also have a number of injuries/ players getting fit after injury on top of any who are away on international duty.
As the squad would stand after potential call-ups, the games v Livvi and County would be far from foregone conclusions and anyone who thinks we would beat Celtic at the piggery is either suffering from a severe dose of misplaced arrogance, worryingly deluded or both.

We have more depth in the squad. Celtic are missing their 2 most creative players and 2 biggest goal threats and don't have replacements for them.

Rogic is a huge miss for them. He dragged them to results pre Christmas when they were scraping through games.

You can't postpone the 1 game. Its 3.... How are people not getting this?
The USA squad is already out, neither Sands or Carter Vickers got called up, so the tims won't have enough away to request postponements.

Despite the stories the last week or two of them missing 5 plus players from their squad of world class internationalists, only 2 have made the cut.

Shock.
They way the Scottish media were going on about their Japanese players engaged called up was bizarre.

Kyogo and Rogic were the only 2 that were guaranteed to be called up.

The injury to Kyogo and a few others has many that Maeda has been called up. The other 2 were never being called up.

Aribo, Roofe, Morelos.

That was a big part of their plan. Media tried to pretend they were signing a bunch of Japanese internationals, that was another part.

Bizarre comment. Unless you have just worded it very poorly?

We haven't lost to them in 2 years, its far from outrageous and certainly not delusional to believe we can win there.
I meant exactly what I said. A team minus Alfredo, Aribo, Davis, Arfield (and Roofe as an option) with Balogun still trying to find full fitness (or Bassey) in the centre of the defence and we would not win. They’ve not beaten us in two years = so what? Anyone who knows anything about Old Firm matches will recognise that, actually, by the law of averages, that means they are ‘due a win’. I understand that there is very little logic in that belief but, whether you agree or not, history shows that, for some strange reason, it does hold water.

I meant exactly what I said. A team minus Alfredo, Aribo, Davis, Arfield (and Roofe as an option) with Balogun still trying to find full fitness (or Bassey) in the centre of the defence and we would not win. They’ve not beaten us in two years = so what? Anyone who knows anything about Old Firm matches will recognise that, actually, by the law of averages, that means they are ‘due a win’. I understand that there is very little logic in that belief but, whether you agree or not, history shows that, for some strange reason, it does hold water.

Arfield will be available to play.

Our team will be in a better state to play than they will.

For anyone that knows more than me about the AFCON teams, and my knowledge is limited to knowing Aribo is there as well as Mane and Neiby Keita, is there any chance of Tunisia beating Nigeria?

That sounds ridiculously selfish and Aribo will be loving it, and I genuinely do want him and Nigeria to do well, but I cant say I would be massively upset if they were eliminated tomorrow B-)

For anyone that knows more than me about the AFCON teams, and my knowledge is limited to knowing Aribo is there as well as Mane and Neiby Keita, is there any chance of Tunisia beating Nigeria?

That sounds ridiculously selfish and Aribo will be loving it, and I genuinely do want him and Nigeria to do well, but I cant say I would be massively upset if they were eliminated tomorrow B-)
Slim to nil.

Tunisia are 19/4 so its not looking likely lol

Its a really daft comment to state outright that people who believe we will win are delusional

I'm actually gobsmacked you've doubled down on such a stupid statement.

Have you seen who timmy is missing?

McGregor
Tav balogun goldson borna
Kamara Lundstram
Kent arfield sakala
Itten/roofe

Is this how we’re looking for that much based on current availability?

So we no chance of winning because they are due a win and we have injuries and players missing through call ups, whilst they have injuries and players missing through call ups also ?!

Back