International Call ups - Ours and Theirs

He wouldn't be allowed to play if he has called off due to injury.
That's not strictly accurate. A player has to get permission to withdraw from an international squad. He wouldn't be the first to miss international games but feature in domestic at the same time.

They'd leave him out of Hearts for example then say he has recovered.

If he was called up but didn't appear without seeking approval then he can be subject to a ban.

They will push ahead to have it played as we are weaker than they would be

However even our weaker side should still be strong enough to beat their best

I'm sure I read the Japan and Australia squads were due to be announced this Sunday.

FWIW I don't think we will see either of Sands or Roofe called up, so we might 'only' be missing Aribo and Morelos. I think the Yanks will be amenable to letting Sands 'settle' in his new environment and Roofe will be omitted to his lengthy period out with injury.

For the Dhims I don't think any of their Japanese will be called up - Furuhashi, allegedly is injured anyway and the rest aren't regulars. Outside chance Maeda could replace Furuhashi but I don't think so. Carter-Vickers is far from a regular for the USA also. They will likely be missing just Rogic due to call-ups and a few more due to injury (bound to be more hamstrings go in the next few weeks) such as Furuhashi and Turnbull.
That would be good for us, One out and one injured

Yip, they'll seek a postponement if they feel they are at a disadvantage only
I suspect they will be missing a maximum of two to international call-ups - Rogic and, an outside chance, Maeda if he replaces Furuhashi - so won't be entitled to seek a postponement. I don't think Carter-Vickers will get called up. Then they have Furuhashi and Turnbull missing through injury (allegedly).

I also don't think Sands or Roofe will be called up so, potentially, we may 'only' be missing Aribo and Morelos. Not great, but not enough for us to seek a postponement either.

I suspect they will be missing a maximum of two to international call-ups - Rogic and, an outside chance, Maeda if he replaces Furuhashi - so won't be entitled to seek a postponement. I don't think Carter-Vickers will get called up. Then they have Furuhashi and Turnbull missing through injury (allegedly).

I also don't think Sands or Roofe will be called up so, potentially, we may 'only' be missing Aribo and Morelos. Not great, but not enough for us to seek a postponement either.
We could, possibly, only be missing Morelos if Nigeria go out in the next 2 rounds. Its unlikely but you never know.

Also, they have done their business for the window. The are missing rogic, kyogo, turnbull plus possible maeda and CCV at the very least.

We will still sign a player or 2 so our impact is harder to predict.

Still up in the air i think.

Kygothediver (injured but otherwise likely to be called up) but will make a miraculous recovery when not named
You cant play in a domestic game during international break if called off with injury. If there is a suggestion it might happen Japan can block it and will.

Roofe is the one i am waiting on. If we have him available i am less concerned about our striking otions, different players from Alfie, but when fully fit just as effective. Jamaica might not bother calling him up as he just back from injury and they cannot qualify.

You cant play in a domestic game during international break if called off with injury. If there is a suggestion it might happen Japan can block it and will.

Roofe is the one i am waiting on. If we have him available i am less concerned about our striking otions, different players from Alfie, but when fully fit just as effective. Jamaica might not bother calling him up as he just back from injury and they cannot qualify.
Exactly as I see it. Sands getting called up wouldn't, as things stand, be the end of the World for us but I'd be far more comfortable if we had a fit, up-to-speed Roofe available to add to the options up top.

I too think Jamaica will leave him out due to his lengthy time out through injury. Antonio, of West Ham, will lead the line for them. They lost a friendly 3-0 to Peru last night so I suspect we will get their squad announcement in the next 24 hours as they are due to assemble on Monday. I'm sure Rangers will already have had contact from Jamaica if he was to be called up and, if he was, I'm not sure we'd have had him in the squad for tonight if he was then going to 'disappear'.

Exactly as I see it. Sands getting called up wouldn't, as things stand, be the end of the World for us but I'd be far more comfortable if we had a fit, up-to-speed Roofe available to add to the options up top.

I too think Jamaica will leave him out due to his lengthy time out through injury. Antonio, of West Ham, will lead the line for them. They lost a friendly 3-0 to Peru last night so I suspect we will get their squad announcement in the next 24 hours as they are due to assemble on Monday. I'm sure Rangers will already have had contact from Jamaica if he was to be called up and, if he was, I'm not sure we'd have had him in the squad for tonight if he was then going to 'disappear'.
Jamaica have 2 other forwards expected to miss out.

Shamar Nicholson who has not played for over a month after transferring to Spartak who are still on their winter break.

And Leon Bailey at Villa who is injured.

I would fully expect Roofe to be called up and play.

Jamaica have 2 other forwards expected to miss out.

Shamar Nicholson who has not played for over a month after transferring to Spartak who are still on their winter break.

And Leon Bailey at Villa who is injured.

I would fully expect Roofe to be called up and play.
I prefer a bit of optimism mate.:)

If Roofe is disappearing to Jamaica tomorrow or Sunday then there's no reason at all for us to have him in the squad tonight. There's nothing in that for Rangers. Would have made more sense to leave him out and wish him well on his travels.

You might be correct, of course, but hopefully not.

With Alfie in the Colombia squad

Really hope Roofe doesn't get selected

Only guy other than Alfie I want as no. 9 for the old firm

Can already see what he brings tonight compared to others who could be in the role.

His ability to take the ball in and recycle possession will be huge.

So far then, we are missing Aribo and Morelos and the Dhims just Rogic (though they have injuries). Be nice if Maeda was called up to replace the injured Furuhashi and leave them short on strikers.

Important one for us is hearing the Jamaica squad. I'm hoping Roofe is omitted.

Back