Kevin Thomson defends his mate Scott Brown

Bonnyloyal

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "Anyone can knock him but the reason he’s done so well is the reason there is so much animosity towards him from other fans.

"If you’re not big enough and brave enough handle Scott Brown winding you up then that’s on you.

"He does what he does and has had a brilliant career and continues to do and if ever you wanted a chance to knock him off his pedestal then this would be it and some of them still struggle.

"It’s not the way I was or what I would do but Scotty is his own person and gets to do what he wants to do.

"He’s had an unbelievable career that anyone in Scotland could only dream of.

"You need to be big enough and hard enough to deal with it. If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem.

"I played with and against Scott and he’s one of my good mates – I’d go to the gutter for him any day of the week and vice versa.

"I love him to bits and I’ve had to say that in front of 500 Rangers fans in a social club before and get booed but I won’t change for anyone and it’s the same for Scott.

"When we played in Old Firms against each other there was no banter - we want to war. When I played with him we went to war together.

"You would want him in the trenches with you and Aberdeen have landed on their feet getting Scott Brown.

"He’s been on one side of the Old Firm and one side doesn’t like him and the other love him."

KT has never hidden his friendship with Brown which is fair enough and I agree to the extent of players shouldn’t buy his pish.

But diving to get a fellow professional sent off and then waving at him is the mark of a cun.t and something I think KT would have plenty to say about if his own side were on the receiving end of.

Kent nutmegs Brown, beats him with skill and guile and just excellent footballing ability.

Brown, barges, pushes, sly kicks, blatant kicks, basically everything that anyone at any level can do.

At his peak he ran about a lot. He won things in a team that should be winning things given the disparity of resources and no Rangers for the bulk of it.

I know which type of player I prefer to watch.

Would’ve had more respect for him if he pleaded the the 5th with that one. No excuse for that no Mark scumbags behaviour. We’ll have the last laugh on the clown again though this season.

I've said it before. If Broon had signed for us, he would have spent most of the season in the stands after numerous red cards, then transferred to a low League division in England. He only had a " career " up here because he was at the Piggery. Over the top challenges, two-footed lunges were his calling card, and he got away with it for almost a decade.

Scott Brown could have been a proper footballer, he had all the talent at Hibs but chose to become a thug. If he signed for us under Smith he would have been disciplined and his talent would’ve done his talking on the pitch instead of his elbows.

He’ll be remembered as the captain of the side who failed to get 10 in a row in the most advantageous circumstances ever awarded to either us or them.

%^*& him.

So 'big and brave' that he can't drive the Sheep on from their position of mid-table mediocrity.

The Tims' weakest link as we eventually exposed.

Enough of the gushing tributes to him.

Brown being a wee fanny is not unusual, unexpected or what anyone is irate about. A tremendous c*nt of a referee facilitating it all and being visibly giddy about it is what we are pissed off with.

Thomson gets on my nerves to be honest.

If it’s not Porteous he’s defending, it’s his cretin mate Brown.

Added to his cliche riddled co-commentary, I can do without him.

Find him a tough listen on commentary

Constant sharp intakes of breath and shouts “goal!” whenever Rangers have an attempt that invariably doesn’t end up a goal

What can you say about that? That’s his pal and has been for a long time. I don’t have an issue with Thomson sticking up for his pal, it’s just that his pal is a rabid scumbag that we all hate!!

100 percent mate,I don't dislike him but he's not like us the fans who rangers means everything to us,ask yourself if Kevin didn't play for rangers would he really care much about rangers probably not same goes for many other ex players there views can be so out of touch with us the fans who live and breath rangers everyday

Meh, best pal sticks up for wanker best pal. Expected, he targets the players he knows will react also which is no surprise

I feel he says a lot sometimes, without actually saying anything.

Plus I can't read any quotes from him unless it's in his voice!

I've said it before. If Broon had signed for us, he would have spent most of the season in the stands after numerous red cards, then transferred to a low League division in England. He only had a " career " up here because he was at the Piggery. Over the top challenges, two-footed lunges were his calling card, and he got away with it for almost a decade.
If Brown had signed for us, Walter would not have stood for those classless antics and would have coached him into a better player.

Instead he signs for the Tims and Lennon moulds him into a version of himself.

We’ve had wind-up merchants play for us in the past and will have in the future. The difference with Brown is he lacks the intelligence to do it subtlety and plays to his gallery to make up for his lack of footballing talent.

He’s just a Lennon mark ii.

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "Anyone can knock him but the reason he’s done so well is the reason there is so much animosity towards him from other fans.

"If you’re not big enough and brave enough handle Scott Brown winding you up then that’s on you.

"He does what he does and has had a brilliant career and continues to do and if ever you wanted a chance to knock him off his pedestal then this would be it and some of them still struggle.

"It’s not the way I was or what I would do but Scotty is his own person and gets to do what he wants to do.

"He’s had an unbelievable career that anyone in Scotland could only dream of.

"You need to be big enough and hard enough to deal with it. If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem.

"I played with and against Scott and he’s one of my good mates – I’d go to the gutter for him any day of the week and vice versa.

"I love him to bits and I’ve had to say that in front of 500 Rangers fans in a social club before and get booed but I won’t change for anyone and it’s the same for Scott.

"When we played in Old Firms against each other there was no banter - we want to war. When I played with him we went to war together.

"You would want him in the trenches with you and Aberdeen have landed on their feet getting Scott Brown.

"He’s been on one side of the Old Firm and one side doesn’t like him and the other love him."
He gets to do what he wants to do.

Therein lies the problem.

Thomson is bang on the money here. The problem lies with the referees, not Scott Brown. He's been doing it for years and we absolutely lap it up when Alfie slaps him off the ball etc.

Far too many Rangers fans are obsessed with that clown and go into a fit of rage at the mention of his name or seeing his face. He's a pantomime villain with very average footballing capability.

Back