Kevin Thomson defends his mate Scott Brown

Like most things in Scottish football if you can remotely think for yourself then it's glaringly obvious that Scott brown is an absolute neanderthal in football terms. He's treated differently to almost every other player purely down to how he behaves. There's a reason why brown got constantly booked in Europe because his style of play is long gone. Awarding childish antics, goading players and feigning injury is soooo Scottish level. The quicker he's out the game the better for the whole of Scottish football as his presence alone drags others onto his low, low measly level.

It’s his mate. Funnily enough at a recent Q&A with Boyd he was very complimentary about Brown off the pitch.

Still a c#nt on it and can’t believe we still rise to his shit after that long.

They still celebrate the Broony in a season when it was Diouf who ended up with a league winners medal.

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "Anyone can knock him but the reason he’s done so well is the reason there is so much animosity towards him from other fans.

"If you’re not big enough and brave enough handle Scott Brown winding you up then that’s on you.

"He does what he does and has had a brilliant career and continues to do and if ever you wanted a chance to knock him off his pedestal then this would be it and some of them still struggle.

"It’s not the way I was or what I would do but Scotty is his own person and gets to do what he wants to do.

"He’s had an unbelievable career that anyone in Scotland could only dream of.

"You need to be big enough and hard enough to deal with it. If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem.

"I played with and against Scott and he’s one of my good mates – I’d go to the gutter for him any day of the week and vice versa.

"I love him to bits and I’ve had to say that in front of 500 Rangers fans in a social club before and get booed but I won’t change for anyone and it’s the same for Scott.

"When we played in Old Firms against each other there was no banter - we want to war. When I played with him we went to war together.

"You would want him in the trenches with you and Aberdeen have landed on their feet getting Scott Brown.

"He’s been on one side of the Old Firm and one side doesn’t like him and the other love him."

Nice words from someone many want as future Rangers manager.

if the sky cameras weren't there brown wouldn't have an audience to play to...he won all his medals playing against the nicky law and kyle huttons
You cannot leave out all the stamps, elbows, shirt pulls etc etc lets be honest WJ this guy should have the most yellow and red cards in the history of the game instead of plaudits and well decorated in over hyped medal achievements, its as you said against weaker opposition and I include us in that as we ourselves were rebuilding to get back to the top and this shoots down their arguement of SG 1 in 9 taking focus off their failures in a basically 1 horse race should have been clean sweeps till we got back!

He has been the most protected for selfish and bias reasons be that from pundits, former team mates, media, tabloids, weak and or complicit match officials and his friends who like KT think because they themselves had that mentality of dishing some out and receiving some and getting up and getting on with it mentality but KT fails to recognise Browns antics were on a different level but he is allowed his opinion ofcourse!

Last edited:
Can’t believe the panty wetting on Scott Brown. A 36 year old wind up merchant. The only blame for the other night is on ourselves - someone needs to take responsibility and put him firmly in his place ….. we can blame Clancy and co but all it took was one of our players to take him out. I’m more concerned by the fact we are too soft (again) and allow this average / most over rated player in Scotland do what he does. Where’s our leaders on the pitch?
So your answer to dealing with Scott Brown is for us to get a player sent off?

Surely you don't think "taking him out" results in anything other than a red card for our player?

So your answer to dealing with Scott Brown is for us to get a player sent off?

Surely you don't think "taking him out" results in anything other than a red card for our player?
Did I once say get a man sent off?
First few mins lay one him set the tone and lay a marker - what’s your option since you don’t agree?

Ah Scott the cabbage Brown.

The windae lickers windae licker.B-D

Done absolutely nothing in the Walter 3IAR era and regularly had his ass handed to him on a plate from Ferguson,Davis,Mendez,Edu etc,clocked up a bag of medals with us out the league then when we returned,collected a few more against the might of Jason Holt,Sean Goss and Josh Windass.

As soon as Gerrard arrives and brings in players like Davis,Arfield,Kamara etc,then it’s back to getting his ass handed to him again.

This muppet thought it was his destiny to lead the tinkers to the holy grail of 10IAR and strutt around rubbing it in folks faces for the rest of his life.

The reality is he scuttled off the old firm scene failing to achieve the 10*,on the end of a 4-1 mauling and was subbed off with opposition players laughing at him as he begged the ref to book people.

He then goes running to Keith Jackson giving it the ‘sir,sir,a bad man said words’ act after getting the p!ss ripped out of him by our PR man David Graham.B-D

An empty shirt at international level,an empty shirt at European level and someone who literally struggles to speak in sentences when on the TV.

The poster boy for the ‘we had to close the top tiers of our stand because Rangers aren’t in the league’ era.

I always said that he should of went to the scum along with his girlfriend Brown!
He was never anything special for us. Snake in the camp?

Thompson is quite entitled to defend his mate, despicable pond life though he is.

The problem is that we treat this clown seriously. Our players should be under strict instructions not to engage with him at all, then to laugh openly in his face when we have won the game.

I keep hearing Thomson going on about “Scotty” and how good a guy he is.
Does it all the time, so I’m not surprised.

Has Lego ever reciprocated by being anything other than a mouth breathing rodent?

Liked Thomson as a player but we shouldn't be fooled into thinking he has any loyalty to Rangers. He isn't one of us.

It's admirable that he's loyal to his mate. Just a shame his mate is an elbow-licking lego-chomper.

As @Jonathan E says above Rupert, he also came out in support of Porteous after our game.

He’s in danger of stopping himself from achieving his so called ambition with this stuff.

To be fair most people, like myself, wouldn't have even known Thomson said this if it wasn't posted on here with many strange people on this board losing their small minds over it.

I don't see it as a big deal at all and certainly wouldn't stop him being hired again at Rangers if the opportunity arose.

To be fair most people, like myself, wouldn't have even known Thomson said this if it wasn't posted on here with many strange people on this board losing their small minds over it.

I don't see it as a big deal at all and certainly wouldn't stop him being hired again at Rangers if the opportunity arose.

That’s absolutely fine Bruce, there are many people on here with differing opinions, otherwise FF would be quite boring.

I personally do have an issue with Brown’s behaviour & a guy many of us look up to coming out to support him disappoints me. Brown cheated & then to taunt a guy after his red card ?

Opinions mate.

Thomson has zero chance of being Rangers Manager, and that was before his comments regarding Brown.
Who’s to say he has zero chance,we really don’t know yet but years down the line if he’s a success in management then this place will be screaming for him to be manager and nobody will give a flying %^*& about an interview he gave to radio Scotland he gave Sunday past

Nonsense KT, Lego has been protected in a similar fashion to how Clancy looked after him.

If the clown ever had the backbone or skill to play down south he'd be on a red card every other week.

Perhaps Scottie can be Kev's assistant manager at Rangers????
Aye, maybe we can open a groupie thread for the two Amego's and all their followers?
I remember Ally screaming at Thompson from the touchline 10 feet away for his lazy antics in the game!
Too many of his fan club here, have short memories!

Recently, Thomson said that he can "obviously never manage Celtic" and whatever brought him to that line, I find it hard to fathom how he harbours any ideas of managing Celtic at all. Obviously, he`s probably a Hibee first and foremost, but still.
When commentating alongside Tom Miller and Co. for RTV, he`s quite often gives a rather objective opinion on what goes on in front of him, but quite often irritates with comments on tackles, even against our players ... or comes up with lines such as "if he feels contact, he`s every right to go down".

Dunno, but I started to like British football because back in the day, people were honest and if they got fouled, they were actually fouled and still got up and played on. Now you have loads of guys that are worse than the Iberians or what we saw from the Prague sides, with that Japanese cheat being the icing on that particular cake.

Brown is a different case altogether though, heinous fouls, goading players and fans alike, laughing at people send off by a conned ref. He´s the polar opposite what you would think a decent British footballer should be. It`s boke-inducing alone that his fellow team-mates, managers and fans defend this cretin - full well knowing his antics and behaviour.

It is totally beyond me that anyone employed by Rangers would defend him though ... and KT should have a long and hard look at himself.

Thomson has plummeted in my, and dare I say a lot of Rangers supporters view.I get that love is blind and all that, but sheer cheating should be a no no in all supporters view.Sadly, it seems that it isn't.The club should act to show their disapproval, i.e no more gigs.
Given that the club has sent an 8 page letter of complaint ,surely they can't have employees showing a contrary view in public.

He's going to defend his best mate. The main issue is Clancy. He's corrupt and should have dealt with Brown.
Why ?
Recently, Thomson said that he can "obviously never manage Celtic" and whatever brought him to that line, I find it hard to fathom how he harbours any ideas of managing Celtic at all. Obviously, he`s probably a Hibee first and foremost, but still.
When commentating alongside Tom Miller and Co. for RTV, he`s quite often gives a rather objective opinion on what goes on in front of him, but quite often irritates with comments on tackles, even against our players ... or comes up with lines such as "if he feels contact, he`s every right to go down".

Dunno, but I started to like British football because back in the day, people were honest and if they got fouled, they were actually fouled and still got up and played on. Now you have loads of guys that are worse than the Iberians or what we saw from the Prague sides, with that Japanese cheat being the icing on that particular cake.

Brown is a different case altogether though, heinous fouls, goading players and fans alike, laughing at people send off by a conned ref. He´s the polar opposite what you would think a decent British footballer should be. It`s boke-inducing alone that his fellow team-mates, managers and fans defend this cretin - full well knowing his antics and behaviour.

It is totally beyond me that anyone employed by Rangers would defend him though ... and KT should have a long and hard look at himself.
If he gets the boot from rtv which he should imo, Clive will be happy , every sentence thomson says ends with "Clive"

You can hear the commentary if that was, for instance, Morelos behaving that way.

"Loose cannon", "there's just no need for that" "Let's his team-mates down", "Why does he need to get involved", "Compliance officer will be having a look"....

etc etc

Thompson is quite entitled to defend his mate, despicable pond life though he is.

The problem is that we treat this clown seriously. Our players should be under strict instructions not to engage with him at all, then to laugh openly in his face when we have won the game.
I agree , he should be able to defend his mate ...he should also be able to tell his mate when he's being a tucking idiot , and not to be seen to agreeing with his conduct.

no hes not, Brown does what he does because players fall for it, he targets those who he knows he can wind up, have you ever seen him try it on with Davis or Arfield?
100% arfield marked his cards the day Jack scored winner and brown wasn’t the same player after it. Arfield missed game the other night and kunty bolloxs acts the hard man and not one of our players stand up to him! Yes if they did Clancy would have sent them off. But point is. Browns a shite bag when someone stands up to him and he goes and hides.

Back