John Souttar transfer fee Rangers must pay 'revealed' as Craig Levein gives Hearts injury 'probably not' verdict

Their pig headedness will cost them £300,000 and his wages to the end of the season.

Classic Scottish football small mindedness from a team who bend over and let a certain team from Glasgow shaft them on such a regular basis they would be better moving in with them.
Correct

I also heard a rumour that they also want sell on clauses. If these rumours are true, then there is no way we should be offering them, when they could be worth millions in future, and don't exist if he signs for a free in 5 months.
Agreed, no way should we be offering any sell on clause, it would be just throwing money away in the future. From what we’ve seen of Ross Wilson so far then I can’t imagine he would offer that. I believe Hearts would request it to chance their arm.

Better playing with hearts til end of season, than sitting on the Rangers bench. Any money we could have spent can be used elsewhere.

I said we wouldn’t get him for 150-250k
300-350 at absolute maximum or get him the start of next season.

For me he’s not a priority just now but would have been good to bed him in.

Their pig headedness will cost them £300,000 and his wages to the end of the season.

Classic Scottish football small mindedness from a team who bend over and let a certain team from Glasgow shaft them on such a regular basis they would be better moving in with them.
Did we not pay them money for Templeton earlier than we needed too when they couldn't pay their players wages? they said we were skint...lol. I stand corrected if wrong, I'd give them nothing and let big Souttar join for nothing.

Na %^*& that.

Tbh we don't even need him until the summer anyways.

Withdraw the 300k and just wait until summer when he officially joins us.

We really don’t need him right now.

Balogun is back and Helander should be soon too.

Unless Goldson is due to depart before the end of the window I honestly wouldn’t pay them a penny this month.

We have Bassey and Simpson as cover. We’re actually relatively well covered in this area.

He’s their player and they can ask what they want for him

See you in the summer John

This, we like our players in early, but not if they are being stupid about it. £300k is a good amount for getting him 4 months early.

The irony of it is asking these ridiculous fees for a guy we can have for free in a few months is about nothing but humouring their crowd.

And they're actually just screwing themselves. There's no way we're giving them 600K. They surely know that so what's the point? The point is simply act like we're sticking ot to them while stupidly robbing ourselves.

200K tops. Otherwise nothing. We need to demonstrate to all of them we're not going to play this game.

I cannot believe we actually offered them £300k for a pre contract signing we don't really need this window.
£150k max, for me.

As for £600k?

In your dreams.
I think the mistake you make is thinking hes not any use cos you say it on here all the time, its not a lot of cash to pay for a player that many believe can and will make a huge difference in such an important season.

I think the mistake you make is thinking hes not any use cos you say it on here all the time, its not a lot of cash to pay for a player that many believe can and will make a huge difference in such an important season.

I've never said he's no use and outside of Ibrox, I'd say he's probably the best central defender in Scotland.

However, the fact is, under Gio we've barely conceded a goal and with Balogun back and Helander returning soon, we are welcoming back 2 first choice central defenders for 2 good international teams.

Paying £600k for a pre contract player, in probably the last outfield position we need to strengthen, doesn't make much football, or economical sense for me.

Souttar to replace Balogun in the summer seems more logical imo.

Don’t know mate, we took Simpson early too. I wonder what the fee was?

RE: covered at the back. Are we, Helander and Balogun are injury prone, Bassey is slotting in. Should Borna get a knock, it’s Bassey to LB.

Balogun and Helander need rotated regularly.
Both struggle with an overload of games.

Game management is key with them.

If they don’t sell him in this window then the lose a sell on clause . 250k and a 10% sell on clause as a gesture of good will I would offer it once and for a day if they don’t accept cease contract and wel take him in the summer.
Are you on smack? Why on Earth would we offer a sell on clause for a player we will be getting for absolutely nothing if we simply sit on our hands?

Rangers had to make a bid to show the player we want him, but we have no need at all to spend a thin dime bringing him in now, especially with 2 players returning.

I wouldn't give them £300k to take him now, not a chance. Just get him in at the end of the season. Suspect they might change their minds on that though.

£300k is not enough to bring him in now for Hearts tbf. The prize money between 3rd and 4th alone is not far off that, but the reasonable prospect of European football makes it more financially advisable for them to keep him and push for 3rd, as it would be worth more than the £300k.

Balogun and Helander need rotated regularly.
Both struggle with an overload of games.

Game management is key with them.

You want a settled back four. Potentially losing Goldson is a disaster.

Balogun out of contract and look at his, Helander and Souttar injury history - brutal.

Go and tie down Doekhi on a bosman. 23, solid, continuing to improve, experienced, captained his club from an early age, ambitious etc.

I cannot believe we actually offered them £300k for a pre contract signing we don't really need this window.
£150k max, for me.

As for £600k?

In your dreams.
Or we never offered that but when the 'undisclosed' offer gets accepted Hearts leak it as £600k when we pay nothing near it. It then suits both sides.

Worth about 100,000 I believe. Just wait till end of season and get him for free. Give hearts fuckall. They were right in among the scum trying to destroy us. Be nice for him to do us a turn midweek against the beasts

You want a settled back four. Potentially losing Goldson is a disaster.

Balogun out of contract and look at his, Helander and Souttar injury history - brutal.

Go and tie down Doekhi on a bosman. 23, solid, continuing to improve, experienced, captained his club from an early age, ambitious etc.

We've never had any issues rotating Helander and Balogun.
It's never really affected our results and performances.
Goldson is the vital common denominator.

I know you know your European football and you and a few others seem to rate Doekhi very highly.

I won't pretend to know much about him, or have ever seen him play, but he certainly seems to tick a lot of boxes.

All this hullaballoo about Souttar !

He was part of a Hearts defence, that was catastrophic against Rangers recently.

They can keep him a lot longer than July.

300k is probably north of what I think would be an ideal price.

All for getting him in early and learning our way ASAP but not at that price.

Offer nothing Hearts get zero and end up paying out another 4/5 months wages plus bouses.
We pay the £600K plus wages for next 4/5 months plus sign on fee best end of a £million spent on a non priority , we are like a Beach just now covered, with Sands ,probably for Goldson due to the unknown of his future by 31st Jan.

Back