John Souttar transfer fee Rangers must pay 'revealed' as Craig Levein gives Hearts injury 'probably not' verdict

BlueMeanie

Robbie Neilson revealed how the Jambos booted out a £300,000 bid from the Ibrox club for the defender to make the move now.

Craig Levein

Craig Levein believes Hearts are looking for in excess of £600,000 to sell John Souttar to Rangers this month.
And the former Tynecastle boss and director of football admitted he doubts the veracity of claims the player was injured for the Scottish Cup tie against Auchinleck Talbot.

Souttar would have been ineligible to play for the Light Blues in the competition should he make the move to Ibrox before the January transfer window closes.
Robbie Neilson revealed after the fourth round tie how the Edinburgh club had booted out a £300,000 bid from the Scottish Premiership champions.
Souttar has signed a pre-contract and will move to Ibrox on a free at the end of the season unless a deal can be thrashed out now.

Levein said on the fee: “I heard that it’s more than the double the £300,000 offer that Hearts are holding out for. He’s under contract.

“It’s like anything. If you are buying a house then you make your mind up on how much you want to pay.
“Hearts are quite within their rights and if they don’t want to let him go for the money Rangers are offering then John will have to suck it up and play as well as he can until the end of the season.

0_JS141784329.jpg

“I honestly think that if the deal does get done then it will get done at that point and I don’t think Hearts will want to keep a hold of him for one particular match.
“But it’s just about getting to the number they want and if Rangers can’t do that then John will be playing for Hearts until the end of the season.”
And on Souttar’s absence at Beechwood Park Levein said: “It was an ankle injury. That’s what I heard,” but asked if he believed it, the former Hearts boss smiled: “Probably not.”

There’s absolutely no point faffing around offering them daft money when our priority’s for strengthening lie elsewhere.

A nonsense of a move for right now in all honesty. We are covered at CB

They can ask for whatever amount they want.

They know Rangers are not going to pay 600k for a player who will be coming for free in the summer and a player who we are not desperate for right now due to being covered in that position.

'“It’s like anything. If you are buying a house then you make your mind up on how much you want to pay.'

It's not really the same is it Craig. A house wouldn't be leaving on a free in 6 months.

150k take it or leave it jambos

Levein really is a total fuking weirdo.

Haven’t heard from this numpty in years, the twice within a week about Souttar

Go public with the £300k and tell them that is a full and final offer.

He’s signed a pre-contract so isn’t going anywhere unless Hearts accept.

We get him for free in the summer anyway

Robbie Neilson revealed how the Jambos booted out a £300,000 bid from the Ibrox club for the defender to make the move now.

Craig Levein

Craig Levein believes Hearts are looking for in excess of £600,000 to sell John Souttar to Rangers this month.
And the former Tynecastle boss and director of football admitted he doubts the veracity of claims the player was injured for the Scottish Cup tie against Auchinleck Talbot.

Souttar would have been ineligible to play for the Light Blues in the competition should he make the move to Ibrox before the January transfer window closes.
Robbie Neilson revealed after the fourth round tie how the Edinburgh club had booted out a £300,000 bid from the Scottish Premiership champions.
Souttar has signed a pre-contract and will move to Ibrox on a free at the end of the season unless a deal can be thrashed out now.

Levein said on the fee: “I heard that it’s more than the double the £300,000 offer that Hearts are holding out for. He’s under contract.

“It’s like anything. If you are buying a house then you make your mind up on how much you want to pay.
“Hearts are quite within their rights and if they don’t want to let him go for the money Rangers are offering then John will have to suck it up and play as well as he can until the end of the season.

0_JS141784329.jpg

“I honestly think that if the deal does get done then it will get done at that point and I don’t think Hearts will want to keep a hold of him for one particular match.
“But it’s just about getting to the number they want and if Rangers can’t do that then John will be playing for Hearts until the end of the season.”
And on Souttar’s absence at Beechwood Park Levein said: “It was an ankle injury. That’s what I heard,” but asked if he believed it, the former Hearts boss smiled: “Probably not.”

Yes, think Souttar won’t be here this season then.

I’d go back in on the final day with less than the initial offer just to wind them up.

Keep him, pay his wages for another 6months and probably have to stop playing him when the atmosphere at Tynecastle gets toxic.

Get it up them.

If they don’t sell him in this window then the lose a sell on clause . 250k and a 10% sell on clause as a gesture of good will I would offer it once and for a day if they don’t accept cease contract and wel take him in the summer.

I hope we don't get threads on this pish up until deadline day.

This is a PR exercise from Hearts. Rangers, to a large degree, will know what's happening. It's about managing the Hearts support.

They'll come crawling back when it comes to deadline day if they realise we ain't budging on it. Should tell them to gtf then too, we will take him for nothing in the summer

Back