Jason Cummings leaves Dundee for overseas

Suspect it’ll be somewhere in Aus.

I reckon he’ll end up playing for their national team too.

A guy who really has not made the most of any talent he has.

He was an excellent finisher. He just seems to not give a f*ck or be willing to put any effort in. I don't know if he has issues but for what he has, he should be ripping it up.

Still...done is a turn missing that pen.

He’ll do well in Australia. A fat Ross McCormack went over there, having not kicked his own arse in years, and scored almost a goal a game for Melbourne City. Good luck to him.

He’ll do well in Australia. A fat Ross McCormack went over there, having not kicked his own arse in years, and scored almost a goal a game for Melbourne City. Good luck to him.
Ironically, McCormack flopped at CCM.

But as someone who watches the league weekly, yeah he’ll be my FGS bet every weekend because there’s generally a lot of chances.

CCM only 5 points off the top with a game in hand.

If I had choice of Dundee or the Central Coast / Sydney Upper North Shore I know what I would be picking.

You not thinking of Souttar, mate?

Jason has a brother who played for likes of Edinburgh City and Lothian thistle over here so maybe he’s moved over to Oz and that could be what the poster means?

To be fair to Cummings as must as he is a dafty, when he played for us he seemed to knuckle down and really give it a go. I don’t remember any nonsense around him when he was on loan here

Jason has a brother who played for likes of Edinburgh City and Lothian thistle over here so maybe he’s moved over to Oz and that could be what the poster means?

To be fair to Cummings as must as he is a dafty, when he played for us he seemed to knuckle down and really give it a go. I don’t remember any nonsense around him when he was on loan here
I misread the post, I thought he said “for” haha.

Aye, agreed with your last point.

Good life over there.

He’ll enjoy himself.

He’s finished at the top of Scottish football, so why wouldn’t you get out of Dundee and go enjoy yourself.

Another one in a long line of players that come though the Hibs ranks that have all the talent in the world but nothing between the ears to maximise it.

Cummings is one of those guys who'll never fulfil their potential. He'll have a decent career. He'll never be as good as he could be. Ultimately he won't care too much if he can carve a career from the game and enjoy doing it. He'll get by doing just enough to keep getting contracts and not taking football so seriously that he no longer enjoys it. We've all seen guys in sports who never fulfilled their potential because they just didnt have the professionalism to do so, but who still enjoyed their career.

Can't believe he's still on 26

It’s weird - the guy is definitely a talent - still has enough career to show better than he had done so far

At a stage in his career where his level is probably lower SPFL, or championship and alternative is League 1 down south?

He’s played for Rangers, won a Scottish Cup (eeesh) and scored against Liverpool. I would argue he’s “maxed out” in the U.K.

Good move to Oz to maximise his earnings and lifestyle. It’s a short career after all. I totally see the attraction and wonder why more don’t go down this route or to USA.

Back