John Souttar transfer fee Rangers must pay 'revealed' as Craig Levein gives Hearts injury 'probably not' verdict

We've never had any issues rotating Helander and Balogun.
It's never really affected our results and performances.
Goldson is the vital common denominator.

I know you know your European football and you and a few others seem to rate Doekhi very highly.

I won't pretend to know much about him, or have ever seen him play, but he certainly seems to tick a lot of boxes.

If we lose Goldson in the summer then we have concerns.

He’s a £20m player.

I don’t know if Doekhi and Goldson would work but that’s an interesting thought. Two leaders. The younger would learn a hell of a lot from Goldson and having watched the Dutch lad over the last few seasons, he’s certainly expanding his game - his long, direct distribution is a noticeable add to his game this season.

He's worth way more than 300k to Hearts if they finish 3rd (though 2nd would be better)

Pretty sure 3rd place is guaranteed conference group stage football next season.

Fine by us, we’re well covered with Balogun back and Helander on his way. Put the money towards a right winger.

Are you on smack? Why on Earth would we offer a sell on clause for a player we will be getting for absolutely nothing if we simply sit on our hands?

Rangers had to make a bid to show the player we want him, but we have no need at all to spend a thin dime bringing him in now, especially with 2 players returning.
I’m not on smack no.

We would Offer a sell on clause to get the player now and not in the summer

Apologies for going against the grain but get him in right fcking now 600k is fck all too much at stake

Is that thread title an actual headline? Jesus christ. Had to read it in instalments.

Hopefully he gets the winner on Wednesday against the filth then we get him in for £301,000

I would offer 50,000 quid on transfer closing day if the say No they will have a unhappy player that won't want to risk a injury and they still have to pay his wages till his contract run's out.

I think he's a great player and delighted he has signed.

BUT buying him for any money right now is stupid. He's gonna be our player, we've managed to top the league easily without him and we don't NEED him now.

Maybe he'll bag another winner v the Bheggars on Wednesday.

I think he's a great player and delighted he has signed.

BUT buying him for any money right now is stupid. He's gonna be our player, we've managed to top the league easily without him and we don't NEED him now.

Maybe he'll bag another winner v the Bheggars on Wednesday.
He might help us win the league without playing a game for us until next season

Wait till hearts pump them in midweek, then give them 500k and take him now.

Balogun can cover the loss of Patterson at right back, and we can get souttar in and up to speed so he hit the ground running.

Helander was a bad injury so can’t be taking any chances with him and having to rely on Simpson.

Hopefully sign an attacking player before window closes as well. This is not the season to take a gamble and hope we win the league.. win it and they are in trouble…

Wait till hearts pump them in midweek, then give them 500k and take him now.

Balogun can cover the loss of Patterson at right back, and we can get souttar in and up to speed so he hit the ground running.

Helander was a bad injury so can’t be taking any chances with him and having to rely on Simpson.

Hopefully sign an attacking player before window closes as well. This is not the season to take a gamble and hope we win the league.. win it and they are in trouble…
No why should we give them 500K now?
Levien is being a salesman for the fannybos here
I’m surprised we actually offered the 300k

If he was walking straight into the team then maybe. As it stands Goldson and Bassey already have Balogun and Hellander pushing them. Soutar has his work cut out to make the bench,

No why should we give them 500K now?
Levien is being a salesman for the fannybos here
I’m surprised we actually offered the 300k
Quite simply as i think it makes us a lot stronger.

I don’t expect helander to come back and fit straight back in. It will take him time, and don’t fancy going rest of season with bassey as our cb back up. (Simpson scares me)

Absolutely not.
Offer 150k on a take it or leave it basis on 31st.
They will cut their nose off to spite their face, I’d much rather have the boy in the door than get dragged down to their level. We’ve showed our hand and it was probably too high for an opener but it’s the fee we should pay to get him

We can afford to wait and get him for fųck all. That way Dundee Utd get zilch too and the added bonus of his presence interrupting their games with all the booing. I'm sure his team mates will be over the moon seeing how their so called supporters treat their current players. Maybe that will be them one day?

Hearts fans want him out the door because he's chosen to play for one of the biggest clubs on the planet and the only thing they're more angry about is the prospect of getting nothing for him. He's pledged to be a Rangers player already, we will win the league without him regardless.

It’s not just a question of having Souttar in the team for a few months when we have Goldson. The value to us may be getting Souttar in and settled and ready for the start of next season if Goldson is leaving in summer. The value might be in getting a good start to next season as much as it is in getting a few months this season. If Rangers/Ross Wilson’s succession planning and evolution of the team sees value in getting him in then we’ll have a value we’ll put on that.

They are free to hold out for whatever amount they want. If Goldson signed a pre-contract with someone else, we wouldn't sell him unless it was a good enough value to us.

But we also don't need to pay what they want and we will get him for nothing in 5 months. We aren't desperate for that position either so I'd be happy to wait unless they lower their expectations.

£300k is about the most I'd want us to pay and it would be mostly to benefit the player. Get him out of there and settled in here for next season.

Back