Rangers tweet regarding Holocaust.

There was a lovely old lady lived across the road from us who died a few years back; she had a tattoo on her arm from one of the camps. God alone knows what stories she could have told but she never referred to what happened to her. It’s impossible to comprehend the thought processes of people who could devise a plan to eliminate a whole race of human beings.

My great grandfather was one of the soldiers who liberated Bergen Belsen. He returned from the war a very angry damaged individual. My gran would always wonder if seeing the camp played a part in making him the person that returned home.
That must surely change a person mate,he witnessed first hand the most evil and worst of humanity on a massive scale

There was a lovely old lady lived across the road from us who died a few years back; she had a tattoo on her arm from one of the camps. God alone knows what stories she could have told but she never referred to what happened to her. It’s impossible to comprehend the thought processes of people who could devise a plan to eliminate a whole race of human beings.
She lived with that reminder on her for her life. We have people that scream bloody murder over pronouns yet these folk got no identity. A bloody roll number branded on them from a death camp.

Totally agree OP. Well done on the grandparents ages. My paternal grandfather died at 96/7, outliving all four of his sons.
I'm sorry to hear that. being that age they seen some good times, unfortunately they seen too much heartache aswell. I'm also from 4 uncles and I have 3 brothers.

My great grandfather was one of the soldiers who liberated Bergen Belsen. He returned from the war a very angry damaged individual. My gran would always wonder if seeing the camp played a part in making him the person that returned home.
Millions of young men and boys robbed of their innocence in that war. Anyone who returned home without trauma was very lucky.

Well done Rangers, that’s class

This tragedy should always be remembered

Like lots of us I’ve been to Auschwitz whilst on a wee trip to Cracow
And I’ve also been to yad vashem in Jerusalem , having been a few times to Israel on holiday

Regardless of all the political stuff today ( and I think the Jewish people with their history of so much suffering should show more compassion and try to come to a fair and just peace agreement with the Palestinians)
Not trying to preach or anything this is just my own opinion here

but anyone who denies , mocks , ridicules etc The Holocaust

Really are a blight on humanity

Anyone see the documentary last night on BBC4 interviewing SS members?

Horrifying - some some denied it was their doing and was all made up.

Edit, Storyville, Final Account it was called.
I'm going to look out for that.

I recently watched Hitlers circle of evil on Netflix and what I couldn’t get my head round was that the meeting himler and Heinrich where they made decision to go ahead with the final solution.senior civil servants were critical in drawing up the plans and it was like let’s show them how efficient this could all be done.its as if they were deciding on a road building plans not the murder and disposal of six million people.

Anyone see the documentary last night on BBC4 interviewing SS members?

Horrifying - some some denied it was their doing and was all made up.

Edit, Storyville, Final Account it was called.
Himler in the closing days of world war two started to release prisoners,close the extermination camps and destroy them to cover up the evidence

My Mothers brother was also one of the liberating troops at Bergen Belsen, his baptism of fire was in the Airborne invasion on D-Day although he would tell me about that he just silently shook his head when i asked about Bergen Belsen.

Half a million Freemasons also massacred by the Nazis.

Let’s remember them too.
The group that are seldom mentioned when those sent to the concentration camps are spoken about.

I think the vast majority of people don’t even know it happened.

It's actually hard to comprehend just the sheer horror of the second world war,pure evil plain and simple and I always shudder to think if the war never went in the allies favour,horrendous
And yet there are those sick minded people who deny that it ever happened. There are Nazi flags being flown in the USA among the deluded Trump supporters and most of them would be related to American soldiers who fought and died to protect the world from the madmen who would happily commit genocide for political ideology! :mad:

W.A.T.P.

Saw this online yesterday. What utterly horrific things so many normal blokes must have seen and never been the same again. Lest we forget.

Half a million Freemasons also massacred by the Nazis.

Let’s remember them too.
The Nazis tried to murder anyone who didn't fit in with their hateful beliefs. Jews, Freemasons, trade unionists, gypsies, political opponents, the handicapped and mental patients. All to establish their super race! :mad:

W.A.T.P.

My Grandfather escaped from the Warsaw Ghetto to the sanctuary of our United Kingdom.
I’m named after his brother who didn’t make it . He resided in Govan, hence my loyalty to Rangers football club, our Queen, and nation.
It was British soldiers, from this island who sacrificed their life for my family.
I can never forget them. So proud to be British. So proud to be a Rangers supporter .

Me and my missus visited Auschwitz, when in Poland. To this day, she still goes on about it. Shocking history. Also, watched a docu on Bosnian war in the 90's. Unbelievable what went on.

I was in Auschwitz and Birkenau just over 2 years ago and let me tell you it was chilling! The picture's were horrific and the place so cold and it's true the birds rarely fly over it. I have always thought of the innocent who were murdered there but more so since my visit.

I couldnae handle going there. Just reading some of these stories of soldiers who saw with their own eyes moves me to tears.
On a similar note, my late grandfather was a prisoner of the Japanese, working on the railway of death. Hardly knew him, but story goes a far different man came home (took ages to get back) from the one who volunteered.
We don't know how lucky we are, & as somebody said earlier in this thread, some folk get angry about pronouns.

And yet there are those sick minded people who deny that it ever happened. There are Nazi flags being flown in the USA among the deluded Trump supporters and most of them would be related to American soldiers who fought and died to protect the world from the madmen who would happily commit genocide for political ideology! :mad:

W.A.T.P.
The thing that gets me is these Polish hooligans or Ukrainians that think there nazis hitler absolutely despised the poles total scummy idiots

I couldnae handle going there. Just reading some of these stories of soldiers who saw with their own eyes moves me to tears.
On a similar note, my late grandfather was a prisoner of the Japanese, working on the railway of death. Hardly knew him, but story goes a far different man came home (took ages to get back) from the one who volunteered.
We don't know how lucky we are, & as somebody said earlier in this thread, some folk get angry about pronouns.
Alot of stories I've heard have all said that the Japanese where by far worse to the pow than the Germans not that om saying that the Germans weren't scum

Iv met a few of the camp survivors,in Israel ,when I was on a kibbutz.
The dignity they carried was something else

My Grandad was also one of those who liberated Belsen.

After the war, he would pace around his house in the middle of the night. This continued for years. Then one of his daughter married a soldier, late 70s early 80s, and she moved to Bergen. The auld yin and my granny visited them, and one day he just disappeared. The family were just about to phone the MPs, when he came back. After some choice words it was established he went back to Belsen.

He never paced the house again. He made his peace.

The horrors of those that witnessed it must have weighed heavy, but for those that lived it is on a different scale.

Last edited:
Absolutely shocking that there are still people who deny this happened. And to think after this and what happened during the Balkans war and in some African countries they still deny it.

Saw this online yesterday. What utterly horrific things so many normal blokes must have seen and never been the same again. Lest we forget.

The thing that gets me is these Polish hooligans or Ukrainians that think there nazis hitler absolutely despised the poles total scummy idiots
The Poles had every reason to hate the Nazis for the Nazis really persecuted them. Why after everything that history has taught us would anyone subscribe to that sick philosophy?

W.A.T.P.

The forgotten highlander is a really good book written by a Japanese pow from Scotland, hard read but I’d certainly recommend it

Back