Derek McInnes

Otto Bear

Official Ticketer
I'm fully behind Pedro at the moment and will give him till New Year at least to let the team gel but should it not work out... I can't see by McInnes. I was against his appointment back in March however it's the only logical appointment. Knows the league, has an Aberdeen team playing well on a budget much lower than our own having had to rebuild the squad after key players left over the summer.

Not convinced about him being our next manager (whenever that happens to be down the line). Probably a better option than Tommy Wright or (god forbid) Eck.

With a Director of Football in place him and the Board should certainly be doing succession planning though (covering all circumstances).

McIness knows how to string a run of victories together in the top flight.

Something we have been incapable to do under Warburton and Pedro.

With a much smaller budget aswell.

I'm fully behind Pedro at the moment and will give him till New Year at least to let the team gel but should it not work out... I can't see by McInnes. I was against his appointment back in March however it's the only logical appointment. Knows the league, has an Aberdeen team playing well on a budget much lower than our own having had to rebuild the squad after key players left over the summer.
Wouldn't know if they are playing well not seen them all season

Lets be honest.. Pedros days are numbered. As it stands only mcinnes is a realistic replacement

As if the zoomers in our support would give Frank De Boer the required time to change things

Most of those zoomers have probably done a complete 180 on him anyway after his whopping 4 games in charge at Palace.

Hold on Killie have equalised, if they score again and win this we'll need to cross McInnes off the list too!

so people would like rid of Pedro because they think he will not catch the scum. but would be happy with Derek Mcinnes who as been 2nd to the scum all his time at Aberdeen. but people will say he works on a smaller budget than rangers. but a lot of mangers have gone from smaller clubs to a bigger club. with a bigger budget and failed.

Last edited:
Was my man for the job when Warburton left,Young Scottish manager who went out learned his trade knows what Rangers and the game in Scotland is all about he is limited by the finances and facilities at Aberdeen I think the resources and finances at Ibrox would have seen him really challenge the fhilth.

so people would like rid of Pedro because they think he will not catch the scum. but would be happy with Derek Mcinnes who as been 2nd to the scum all his time at Aberdeen.
Would you say the finances and facilities at Ibrox are the same as Aberdeen,The fhilth are way ahead of us when it comes to cash they must make the sheepies seem like paupers.

Would you say the finances and facilities at Ibrox are the same as Aberdeen,The fhilth are way ahead of us when it comes to cash they must make the sheepies seem like paupers.

The whole dynamic changes at Rangers though.

Aberdeen aren't expected to win anything, suddenly you're in the goldfish bowl of Glasgow with the weight of expectation of silverware and the pressure increases ten fold.

It's not just a case of 'x manager' did well at this club, but this other club has even more money so he'll do even better there. Would be nice if it was that easy and there were no other contributing factors, but it's not and there are.

So as it stands, Aberdeen drawing the kilmarnock and St johnstone getting beat from dundee, with just a few mins to go.

Yep, lets get in one of these guys in instead. We drew because of a deflection and tav switching off for their second. Still massively improved from last season, just need to work on killing off the game. A second would have done that last night when still at 1-0.

Actually, levein has hearts winning just now, lets get him instead.:confused:

Last edited:
He had years as clear "challenger" to a god awful Yahoo side

They capitulated every time
Mostly when present with a chance by Delias duds

Aberdeen aren't expected to win anything, suddenly you're in the goldfish bowl of Glasgow with the weight of expectation of silverware and the pressure increases ten fold.

It's not just a case of 'x manager' did well at this club, but this other club has even more money so he'll do even better there. Would be nice if it was that easy and there were no other contributing factors, but it's not and there are.

If Derek McInnes is the limit of our ambitions then we may as well chuck it IMO.

I get it. He's done a very good job at Aberdeen. But is he the best we can attract ?

I think we can get better than him. I'd want better than him. I make no apologies for saying so.

That's why Pedro is out of his depth he didn't know what he was getting into McInness knows exactly what it's all about.

I'm in two minds over him now as a potential replacement for Pedro.

Previously I thought 'no chance' as I honestly didn't feel he'd done anything particularly remarkable with an Aberdeen side that didn't even have us to contend with for the most part, but there just feels like a certain inevitability in his getting the gig should Pedro fail, not so much because I think he deserves it, but because I'm more or less convinced the board will go for a 'safe' option after two more left field appointments have pretty much failed to deliver.

And I'm finding it increasingly difficult to say that's not what we'd need.

If we have a share issue, arrange a big overdraft facility and can bring greater investment into the club to the extent that there's ÂŁ20m to hand a new manager, is the best person to give that to Derek McInnes?

Probably not, but if as is likely there's not ÂŁ20m knocking about, and indeed after Pedro and the relatively lavish budget he was afforded there's actually not a hell of a lot of anything, then would someone who's done well on a shoestring in Scottish football be a worthwhile replacement under those circumstances?

As I say, I fear I might fold under interrogation.

If Derek McInnes is the limit of our ambitions then we may as well chuck it IMO.

I get it. He's done a very good job at Aberdeen. But is he the best we can attract ?

I think we can get better than him. I'd want better than him. I make no apologies for saying so.

There's no point in sugar coating it, it would be an utterly depressing appointment in my opinion. It's just a case of panic setting in and people losing their fecking minds that has them thinking he can be some sort of saviour for us.

McInnes has done a great job with Aberdeen - there's no denying that. But I'm still undecided whether he can make the step up to a bigger club.

One thing seems apparent IMO though, neither MW or PC understand that winning is everything at our club. It's easy to churn out typical sound-bites in interviews and press conferences but to truly understand it is another matter.

I'd stick with Pedro for another while yet but if I'm being honest, it's just going to delay the inevitable.

Home games to the poets and sheep, and away games to St Johnstone and Hearts in the 6weeks are making it an uphill task before Halloween.

I wouldn't pay what it would cost to get him out of his contract.

Tommy Wright if we're going to go local probably the more likely option for that reason.

There's no point in sugar coating it, it would be an utterly depressing appointment in my opinion. It's just a case of panic setting in and people losing their fecking minds that has them thinking he can be some sort of saviour for us.

Absolutely.

If Rodgers fu.cks off from Celtic do you think they'll target Tommy Wright or Derek McInnes as potential replacements ? No chance.

Anyone settling for those two are doing themselves a complete disservice.

That's why Pedro is out of his depth he didn't know what he was getting into McInness knows exactly what it's all about.

What does that mean exactly? He "knows what it's all about". Explain to me what that means. Are you saying Pedro doesn't realise that Rangers fans demand success? Do you think he's oblivious to the very obvious?

What does McInnes know? As a manager he's not winning anything, he's never held a managerial position where he's been expected to win silverware, nor has he held a managerial position at a top club period. So tell me, what exactly does McInnes know?

McInnes has done a great job with Aberdeen - there's no denying that. But I'm still undecided whether he can make the step up to a bigger club.

One thing seems apparent IMO though, neither MW or PC understand that winning is everything at our club. It's easy to churn out typical sound-bites in interviews and press conferences but to truly understand it is another matter.

I'd stick with Pedro for another while yet but if I'm being honest, it's just going to delay the inevitable.

Home games to the poets and sheep, and away games to St Johnstone and Hearts in the 6weeks are making it an uphill task before Halloween.

I fully believe Pedro gets it. I'm just not sure he's quite good enough to deliver the required results.

MW on the other hand just had a loser mentality where staying true to a certain style was more important than getting points on the board.

How has he done a great job? What did he do the years we weren't in the league? Finished 2nd I guess? That's exactly where they should of been minus a hearts hibs and rangers team

I fully believe Pedro gets it. I'm just not sure he's quite good enough to deliver the required results.

MW on the other hand just had a loser mentality where staying true to a certain style was more important than getting points on the board.

Forest beat again today, whits new for the magic hat.

McInnes would do better with this group of players.

We have been utterly incapable of winning 3 games in a row for the best part of 18 months, Derek McIness would remedy that.

Forget Europe, forget winning the league. Lets try and win 4 games in a row.

I think Pedro understands perfectly well that we're expected to win every match, however he also knows it's not thats simple.

Just because someone is Scottish doesn't mean they 'get it' anymore than a foreign manager. McInnes has won next to %^*& all yet so many are desperate for us to get him.

We have been utterly incapable of winning 3 games in a row for the best part of 18 months, Derek McIness would remedy that.

Let's try win 3 first

It's actually embarrassing Pedro can't win more than two games on the bounce.

Turned us into bleeding Hamilton ffs.

Absolutely.

If Rodgers fu.cks off from Celtic do you think they'll target Tommy Wright or Derek McInnes as potential replacements ? No chance.

Anyone settling for those two are doing themselves a complete disservice.

The Bheasts are in an entirely different position from us though. Even ignoring the financial gap that exists post 2012. They can afford to gamble.

We already have and it doesn't appear to be coming off.

After Warburton and Pedro; maybe a local guy - someone who knows perfectly well the fecked up, dystopian world that is Scottish Football - is exactly what's required. Somebody who understands how grim a Sunday afternoon at St Johnstone can be.

Derek McInnes knows our club, he knows our league and he knows how to get results in it. He might not be a foreigner with a sexy name but that's not exactly working out great for us right now, is it?

If we keep up revolving door of the foreign managers who know nothing about the Scottish things
What does that mean exactly? He "knows what it's all about". Explain to me what that means. Are you saying Pedro doesn't realise that Rangers fans demand success? Do you think he's oblivious to the very obvious?

What does McInnes know? As a manager he's not winning anything, he's never held a managerial position where he's been expected to win silverware, nor has he held a managerial position at a top club period. So tell me, what exactly does McInnes know?
There is no way Pedro knew the mindset of other clubs regarding games v Rangers the kudos gained from a decent game v us,the scrutiny from the press and media and the bias in Scotland against Rangers.

Back